Brexit and the Consequences

Just proves that the UK doesn't have fit and proper MP's in parliament. They are simply not up to the job for all the reasons we have covered previously.

https://www.westmonster.com/mps-back-remainer-plan-for-indicative-votes-on-brexit1/

I really hope the electorate come to their senses and mete out some much needed ballot box punishment to these MPs at the next elections. I have as much faith in the electorate as I do in the MPs though.

One crumb of comfort is that there will be so many Eurosceptic MEPs that it would be ironic if the EU became tangled for years as a result of a no Brexit, but given the EU's deceit and lies it would probably make no difference to their continuing undemocratic imposition on the rest of us.

Just proves that the UK doesn't have fit and proper MP's in parliament. They are simply not up to the job for all the reasons we have covered previously.

https://www.westmonster.com/mps-back-remainer-plan-for-indicative-votes-on-brexit1/

MPs take control! What a farce - they couldn’t control a TV. And to judge from the recent cabinet minutes all May seems bothered about is the effect on the Conservative party and its survival.

What a total and utter fiasco it’s become, we are the model for people to emulate doncha know. God alive we must be the laughing stock of the world now.

Posted at 9:549:54

JRM GIVES GREATEST HINT YET THAT HE WILL SOON BACK PM’s DEAL

Leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg tells Conservative Home: "Inevitably leaving the European Union, even leaving it inadequately and having work to do afterwards, is better than not leaving it at all.
"Perhaps the thought processes that people like me hadn't gone through before is the thought that Brexit is a process rather than an event."

MPs take control! What a farce - they couldn’t control a TV. And to judge from the recent cabinet minutes all May seems bothered about is the effect on the Conservative party and its survival.

What a total and utter fiasco it’s become, we are the model for people to emulate doncha know. God alive we must be the laughing stock of the world now.

It seems unbelievable that it's come to this – but I suppose when you think about it, it's just a reflection on modern society where nobody takes responsibility for anything, it's always somebody else's fault and the State can always pick up the tab. There's certainly no integrity with our politicians and their continued bad behaviour with the expenses scandal, having to resign and then being more or less automatically reinstated a little while later no matter what the original offence was, ignoring their constituents' wishes – all goes to show that apart from a very few exceptions they are there for their own benefit and certainly not ours.

This current Parliament is rotten and needs to go – there are scores that we the electorate need to settle. There is no point in trying to sort out Brexit under the current conditions – the only "People's Vote" we need now is a general election.

How pathetic are this lot. The interviewer wasn't even asking difficult or testing questions. These people are the educated enlightened ones apparently. Seems funny that they don't know their subject matter, unlike Brexiters who on the whole know a great deal more.

Will they go into further meltdown after May's EU elections when it becomes clear that the direction of travel is against them.

Last edited:
MPs take control! What a farce - . . .
Although we're on opposite sides of the fence regarding Brexit - I completely agree with you about this Jon. And, you're subsequent post about JRM supporting May's deal is, sadly, also true. I'm disappointed in him as he appears to have abandoned his principles in order to keep the Conservative party intact - rather than doing what's best for the country. The obvious conclusion to all this is that May does, eventually, force her deal through and leavers and remainers are united - albeit by their disappointment and disapproval. Let's hope that some good emerges from this shambles and that Brexit - or no Brexit - is a catalyst for positive change in the way the UK conducts its domestic politics.
Tim.

Although we're on opposite sides of the fence regarding Brexit - I completely agree with you about this Jon. And, you're subsequent post about JRM supporting May's deal is, sadly, also true. I'm disappointed in him as he appears to have abandoned his principles in order to keep the Conservative party intact - rather than doing what's best for the country. The obvious conclusion to all this is that May does, eventually, force her deal through and leavers and remainers are united - albeit by their disappointment and disapproval. Let's hope that some good emerges from this shambles and that Brexit - or no Brexit - is a catalyst for positive change in the way the UK conducts its domestic politics.
Tim.

Funny isn’t it how people can come to different conclusions about the same facts. I don’t impugn JRM’s motives for apparently changing tack. Rather, I see him acting with some integrity for being prepared to move away from the hard line in the interests of bringing the thing to its initial conclusion (there will be more to come) and in the interests of the country.

Last edited:
Tim.

May's deal is not going through. Regardless of some members of the ERG changing tack, the DUP are not on board and there are sufficient others who won't vote for it either.

MP's and their indicative votes are also a non runner, this process will end in mixed messages and total confusion. The EU would need to agree extension of A50, which would involve the UK taking part in European elections. Tory and Labour would be decimated and the last thing the EU needs is more dissenting voices in their parliament.

The thing that is gaining traction is that it only takes One country to veto the UK's position and that leaves us leaving with No Withdrawal deal in place. Which is exactly delivering Brexit.....so rejoice (y)

........we must be the laughing stock of the world now.

Now now! Settle down there and dinna fret :p

Whilst it is true that we have become figures of fun on most continents, we are still big in Japan and admired greatly by the good people in Ulan Bator and Patagonia. ...besides which, think on the bright side and imagine the endless comedy films and satirical TV shows that will follow, employing thousands - not just in the UK but all over the world.

Funny isn’t it how people can come to different conclusions about the same facts. I don’t impugn JRM’s motives for apparently changing tack. Rather, I see him acting with some integrity for being prepared to move away from the hard line in the interests of bringing the thing to its initial conclusion (there will be more to come) and in the interests of the country.

Integrity, possibly, if one can ignore his boundless hypocrisy when it comes to lining his pockets with an admirable pragmatism (or is that cynicism?) whilst preaching the gospel. When it comes to awakening from whatever mental hibernation he's been in to belatedly discover that Brexit is a process not an event........so much for expensive private education. And this man is seriously considered by some to be a future prime minister. Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

May's deal is not going through. Regardless of some members of the ERG changing tack, the DUP are not on board and there are sufficient others who won't vote for it either.

MP's and their indicative votes are also a non runner, this process will end in mixed messages and total confusion. The EU would need to agree extension of A50, which would involve the UK taking part in European elections. Tory and Labour would be decimated and the last thing the EU needs is more dissenting voices in their parliament.

The thing that is gaining traction is that it only takes One country to veto the UK's position and that leaves us leaving with No Withdrawal deal in place. Which is exactly delivering Brexit.....so rejoice (y)

From reading around, there appears to be much letter writing to sympathetic member leaders in an attempt to persuade one of them to veto, how effective that will be is anyone’s guess. Brexiteers can live in hope, but I wonder what the consequences would be for the vetoing partner and the EU in general, high risk stakes, there will be mucho effort going in on both sides of the coin to help or prevent Brexit.

Hopefully you're right - but there are undemocratic forces at work that will stop at nothing. Many times our country has been saved in history through pure good chance allied with a few determined individuals against odds that looked hopeless. Let's hope that sort of outcome prevails.

Hopefully you're right - but there are undemocratic forces at work that will stop at nothing. Many times our country has been saved in history through pure good chance allied with a few determined individuals against odds that looked hopeless. Let's hope that sort of outcome prevails.

You mean someone’s going to appear and stop the whole thing :D

Integrity, possibly, if one can ignore his boundless hypocrisy when it comes to lining his pockets with an admirable pragmatism (or is that cynicism?) whilst preaching the gospel. When it comes to awakening from whatever mental hibernation he's been in to belatedly discover that Brexit is a process not an event........so much for expensive private education. And this man is seriously considered by some to be a future prime minister. Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

I’m guessing his words have been through the MSM mincer? Still, no matter, I have no faith in any Tories, they flipflop at the drop of a hat, if they ain’t flipping then they’ll be flopping.

I’m guessing his words have been through the MSM mincer? Still, no matter, I have no faith in any Tories, they flipflop at the drop of a hat, if they ain’t flipping then they’ll be flopping.

I see MSM is saying it’s Tuesday. Nah, they’ve spun that, bet it’s Monday.