Brexit and the Consequences

They won’t want to experience the political chaos they see here so they’ll probably bury their heads under their pillows whatever they might think.

It's the votes that matter and we all know the direction of travel. They have major trouble coming down the line.

You can begin to see how and why this is a battle over Sovereignty, something Europhiles don't feel.

Yep, this issue has been around forever.
In a nutshell, Germany tried and failed twice then got smart and tried peaceful means to take over Europe.

They are of course failing again as their agenda is now fully exposed and other European countries have finally woken up.

Yep, this issue has been around forever.
In a nutshell, Germany tried and failed twice then got smart and tried peaceful means to take over Europe.

They are of course failing again as their agenda is now fully exposed and other European countries have finally woken up.

It's almost Cavalier vs Roundhead, where's the Blair in all of this? Macron? Soros?

At',
If you're going to post that petition every time a few dozen signatures get added, this thread will be become the most boring thread in the history of very boring threads. Show some discipline please! If you must post its progress, I suggest sticking to a minimum of a million new signatures.

A million it is then....mind you, it took them almost all day....wimps, the lot of 'em!

A million it is then....mind you, it took them almost all day....wimps, the lot of 'em!

Actually it’s taken since November - as cv pointed out it’s already been debated in parliament

Ps: strandely it’s still showing 392,966 when I looked

Actually it’s taken since November - as cv pointed out it’s already been debated in parliament

Ps: strandely it’s still showing 392,966 when I looked

You're barking up the wrong end of the stick....and probably without a paddle as well. The 3.7M one is "Revoke Article 50" and the 392k is the "Leave the EU without a deal"....and as you say, this latter has been chugging along for a while now.

You're barking up the wrong end of the stick....and probably without a paddle as well. The 3.7M one is "Revoke Article 50" and the 392k is the "Leave the EU without a deal"....and as you say, this latter has been chugging along for a while now.

Oh yeah :mad: (I hope that’s red faced not angry) . Sorry woof, woof.

Whoever said (I do know who here) that the problem with the first Brexit was that people were uninformed/misinformed. HELLO! welcome to democracy!

They said it may be a problem with students, young voters, etc. There is no corruption in the process. Not everybody in society is smart or even average for that matter. Expecting a rational result in an election is to expect every single constituent to be intelligent, rational, well-informed adults.

That makes me laugh so hard it hurts.

2. If they are unwilling to enforce the results of the first referendum, what makes you think it will be any different with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. You don't get to throw out the results because you disagree with them.

For all those Bremoaners who want that, I say please go and move to a country that does that: Russia, China, Iran, etc. Move there and then complain!

Really, I thought you were a fan of the tories? Why is your Leadsom still in the cabinet?

You reckon she's been primed for leadership then?

I wish you would unscramble your brains and make coherent points. Timsk, SigCalc and H have the same problem trying to fathom out what your on about. So it's not just me is it!

I wish you would unscramble your brains and make coherent points. Timsk, SigCalc and H have the same problem trying to fathom out what your on about. So it's not just me is it!

Point remains if I recall you were a fan of Leadsom and wanted her to be the next PM.

She is in cabinet pushing a deal with collective responsibility hoping Parliament will accept the withdrawal deal.

Recently you said you'd like to see Raab. Raab worked on the same withdrawal as Brexit secretary but only to resign post when he thought he might cause maximum damage to shift TM and obviously considering him self to be a worthy potential PM.

You keep going through names like nobodies business and then say I told you so. You haven't mentioned Moggy for some time either. Wasn't he one of your favs at one point or another also?

And what happened to we are leaving on the 29th March with no deal you repeated over and over and over again?

Your well funni (y)

Somebody is splitting hairs. March 29th vs. April 12 seems like a moot point. The markets certainly won't care if a no deal Brexit happens only two weeks later.

Markets: "wait, Theresa May pushed the Brexit by 14 days so all things that would happened on the 29th; yeah, they're no longer a worry 14 days later. Just kidding!

That's like saying, "your honor, I only stole £50 billion, not £51 billion." After which, the judge will look at you cross-eyed and say, "so what!"

14 days, 14 minutes ... "so what!"

You have to love Jeremy Clarkson and company. That's probably very true. The young in the UK vote Labour. The young in the US vote Liberal. Although, there is a growing contingent of conservative youths in both countries. :unsure:
:p

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.44.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.45.06 PM.png

Whoever said (I do know who here) that the problem with the first Brexit was that people were uninformed/misinformed. HELLO! welcome to democracy!

They said it may be a problem with students, young voters, etc. There is no corruption in the process. Not everybody in society is smart or even average for that matter. Expecting a rational result in an election is to expect every single constituent to be intelligent, rational, well-informed adults.

Agree completely, with the qualification that (like with товарищ Trump) an election, by definition, is one that chooses the people's representatives to manage the country for them precisely because the vast majority of them are too ignorant, uneducated and generally stupid to be able to manage their fridge, let alone something more important than beer and pizza storage.. In the case of the referendum, these same people were asked their opinion - they gave it... and the pizza has gone moldy and the dog nicked the beer.

It's not the result that's a shocker but that some one should come up with the idea that asking the same people who aren't allowed anywhere very near indirect democratic government to now fire up the odd neurone they might have and make a considered judgement of something about which they know considerably less than fuck all and thereby decide the fate of the nation.

As is completely predictable, the inevitable will happen as it always does/must and we will be able to look back and say to ourselves that it's déja vu all over again, again.

(Pace Mr Berra)

Last edited by a moderator: