Brexit and the Consequences

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
Oh for God’s sake let’s forget the whole fckn thing.
We need a general election so that we can wipe the remoaners from parliament, then we can leave with a majority voting for a clean break rather than them undemocratically fannying around with a crap deal that no-one wants (apart from the EU) hoping that will keep us locked into the EU forever or hoping a second referendum will work for them.

Reactions: 0007

barjon

Legendary member
10,310 1,566
We need a general election so that we can wipe the remoaners from parliament, then we can leave with a majority voting for a clean break rather than them undemocratically fannying around with a crap deal that no-one wants (apart from the EU) hoping that will keep us locked into the EU forever or hoping a second referendum will work for them.
yes, I deleted the post you quoted since I thought it was a bit intemperate.:). I’m not so sure that a general election would wipe out remoaners. The country is still fairly evenly split between stay or go so I guess both sides are pretty fearful that they might lose out.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,664 2,463
yes, I deleted the post you quoted since I thought it was a bit intemperate.:). I’m not so sure that a general election would wipe out remoaners. The country is still fairly evenly split between stay or go so I guess both sides are pretty fearful that they might lose out.
No, we fear nothing :) . It's out there in plain sight for all to see. Parliamentarians may have lost their heads but the voting public have not. On balance there is still a natural majority that believe in democracy and in Brexit.

I was minded earlier on how Trump dealt with the EU. He told them that there would be tariff increases in line with the tariff's charged for US goods imported into Europe. 25% on cars as an example. He requested meeting after meeting with Junker, who ignored him. So Trump said that's fine, tariff increases will go ahead. Within days, Junker was on a plane to the US on a damage limitation exercise. And that is how you deal with the EU, from a position of strength.

This crappy May mark 2 deal needs consigning to the dustbin where it belongs. We need a wholesale clear out of duffer MP's and that can't happen soon enough.(y)

barjon

Legendary member
10,310 1,566
No, we fear nothing :) . It's out there in plain sight for all to see. Parliamentarians may have lost their heads but the voting public have not. On balance there is still a natural majority that believe in democracy and in Brexit.

I was minded earlier on how Trump dealt with the EU. He told them that there would be tariff increases in line with the tariff's charged for US goods imported into Europe. 25% on cars as an example. He requested meeting after meeting with Junker, who ignored him. So Trump said that's fine, tariff increases will go ahead. Within days, Junker was on a plane to the US on a damage limitation exercise. And that is how you deal with the EU, from a position of strength.

This crappy May mark 2 deal needs consigning to the dustbin where it belongs. We need a wholesale clear out of duffer MP's and that can't happen soon enough.(y)
So how do you conclude that there is still a natural majority who believe in Brexit? You only just crept over the line three years ago so it was hardly a thumping great majority to carry you forward. If you are so confident then just get the people to clear the log jam by a general election or referendum. The massive majority you think is there will then give the incoming government a thumping majority enabling them to proceed without further hindrance. Oh I forgot, May tried that one and got a nasty surprise.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,664 2,463
So how do you conclude that there is still a natural majority who believe in Brexit? You only just crept over the line three years ago so it was hardly a thumping great majority to carry you forward. If you are so confident then just get the people to clear the log jam by a general election or referendum. The massive majority you think is there will then give the incoming government a thumping majority enabling them to proceed without further hindrance. Oh I forgot, May tried that one and got a nasty surprise.
Treasonous May deliberately ran a non campaign aimed at diminishing her healthy majority in order to muddy the waters.
And guess what ! It worked. The establishment moves in mysterious ways.

It's the frit parliamentarians who are blocking any election. The voting public can't wait.

Btw. The Brexit result was momentous when taken in context. Most historic results are in line with Govt recommendations.

barjon

Legendary member
10,310 1,566
Treasonous May deliberately ran a non campaign aimed at diminishing her healthy majority in order to muddy the waters.
And guess what ! It worked. The establishment moves in mysterious ways.

It's the frit parliamentarians who are blocking any election. The voting public can't wait.

Btw. The Brexit result was momentous when taken in context. Most historic results are in line with Govt recommendations.
Coo, mysterious ways, eh, glad you’re not writing the history books, cv:D

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
yes, I deleted the post you quoted since I thought it was a bit intemperate.:).
Which post?

I’m not so sure that a general election would wipe out remoaners. The country is still fairly evenly split between stay or go so I guess both sides are pretty fearful that they might lose out.
Consituency split at the referendum was something like 400 leave vs 250 remain, depends if that has changed much and how votes will be split between parties, so I guess you're not wrong.

timsk

Legendary member
7,054 1,860
. . . If you are so confident then just get the people to clear the log jam by a general election or referendum . . .
C'mon Jon - you can't be serious?!!! You know full well that every brexiteer in the land is champing at the bit to have a general election, but remainer MPs from all the main parties are united in their opposition to holding one because they know full well what would happen. Namely - the swamp would be drained! As for a second referendum, it's only you - and bless you for thinking it - that believes the choice on the ballot paper would be between Boris' deal (aka Mrs. May's deal with lipstick on) and no-deal. Everyone else knows full well that it would be between BoJo's deal and remain - i.e. between the devil and the dark bloo sea. All those million plus protesters didn't trudge through the streets of London on Saturday to have no-deal as an option, lol!!!
Tim.

Last edited:

barjon

Legendary member
10,310 1,566
C'mon Jon - you can't be serious?!!! You know full well that every brexiteer in the land is champing at the bit to have a general election, but remainer MPs from all the main parties are united in their opposition to holding one because they know full well what would happen. Namely - the swamp would be drained! As for a second referendum, it's only you - and bless you for thinking it - that believes the choice on the ballot paper would be between Boris' deal (aka Mrs. May's deal with lipstick on) and no-deal. Everyone else knows full well that it would be between BoJo's deal and remain - i.e. between the devil and the dark bloo sea. All those million plus protesters didn't trudge through the streets of London on Saturday to have no-deal as an option, lol!!!
Tim.
:) I didn’t say it would be, only should be. Ok, I concede it’s parliament blocking an election atm (purportedly because they don’t trust Boris not to manipulate into “no deal“ on the way) but I really don’t think the outcome would be as clear cut as some think and I think that the more sober minds on the brexit side know that.

barjon

Legendary member
10,310 1,566
Which post?

Consituency split at the referendum was something like 400 leave vs 250 remain, depends if that has changed much and how votes will be split between parties, so I guess you're not wrong.
the fckn one. Somehow I‘be missed that constituency breakdown and I was thinking more of the 17million vs 16million votes cast. Admittedly the consituency breakdown does put it in a different perspective but I can’t see died in the wool labour constituences changing to a blue horse or even the Farage charger in great numbers.