Boiler Room Scams - Now for the next one!

Whichypoohs

No doubt you all know this but the crooks stealing money through Boiler Room Scams are now the ones cold-calling people, telling them that for a fee they will retrieve their lost money for them. They won't....they will merely steal the fee. :mad:

Thought I'd share what I know. :smart:

No doubt you all know this but the crooks stealing money through Boiler Room Scams are now the ones cold-calling people, telling them that for a fee they will retrieve their lost money for them. They won't....they will merely steal the fee. :mad:

Thought I'd share what I know. :smart:

This is not new, it sbeen going for awhile. What you need to do is post the name of the company doing this scam so hopefully anyone who does an online search on the name of the company they would see the scammers pop up on this site. Its saved a few people some money

This is not new, it sbeen going for awhile. What you need to do is post the name of the company doing this scam so hopefully anyone who does an online search on the name of the company they would see the scammers pop up on this site. Its saved a few people some money

Sadly you are right, I've read posts from several years ago where exactly the same thing was happening.

I have taken the advice of another poster and will go to the places he suggested who host videos etc. from Mitschka.

Any other advice as to what I could do would be MOST WELCOME :eek:)

i'm confused what are they stealing?IS it scam trading systems?I don't think so.Surely they can't steal money from your trading account,cause your broker is nfa regulated.Anyway before you take out your credit card surely you've done your homework.Cause scam systems will not servive independent reviews.I will not use a broker without strict sucurity.My broker can't transfer money into any account that's not in my name.So what money are they stealing?

i'm confused what are they stealing?IS it scam trading systems?I don't think so.Surely they can't steal money from your trading account,cause your broker is nfa regulated.Anyway before you take out your credit card surely you've done your homework.Cause scam systems will not servive independent reviews.I will not use a broker without strict sucurity.My broker can't transfer money into any account that's not in my name.So what money are they stealing?

They call people up out of the blue and convince them to buy shares in a company that may or may not exist. The shares themselves either do not exist or are worthless, they then disappear with the money. At some point the victim will get a call offering to buy the worthless shares, they are told to send a fee to the company to facilitate this, once the fee is recieved that is stolen too. They get peoples details from shareholder lists or from websites like trade-alerts.com which seem to be set up to phish for victims.

Last edited:
They call people up out of the blue and convince them to buy shares in a company that may or may not exist. The shares themselves either do not exist or are worthless, they then disappear with the money. At some point the victim will get a call offering to buy the worthless shares, they are told to send a fee to the company to facilitate this, once the fee is recieved that is stolen too. They get peoples details from shareholder lists or from websites like trade-alerts.com which seem to be set up to phish for victims.

YES they have been targeting OAP's. My father is 79 years old, they were cold-calling him on a daily basis, if he didn't answer they would leave the phone ringing. Having been bought up in a time where you word/handshake was your bond he believed these idiots. They conned him into investing £2k for Gold Shares which do not exist??????

Guardmann Escrow Services (Harley Street, London) were also mentioned as was the Hang Seng Bank in Hong Kong (although the Hang Seng are totally legitimate) - how to unravel the puzzle? No-one knows yet!

Remember older people see a letter head/website and think it is Genuine; WE KNOW DIFFERENTLY but the older generation don't.

So these scumbags are robbing from the elderly. :mad:

Thomas moore are scamming people is there anyone out there who has been taken
thanks

Hi, not sure if I can resurrect this old thread, but I recently requested an info-sheet from Trade-Alert.com, they seemed to be offering an emailed information pack for nothing. Since then I've been telephoned by Darren Sharp of Brookes & Associates Honk-Kong trying to recruit me for some sort of investment plan (again no fees & commission). Like in one of your earlier posting, I find it difficult to see how they could scam me since any money would be in a UK broker account and I certainly wouldn't buy any shares before checking the company out. However, my search for info on Trade-Alert.com brought me to trade2win where it's described as a phishing site.
It all sounds a bit phishy to me, but has anyone any further information on Trade-Alert or Brooks Associates. Thanks

Last edited:
OK let me explain. Some time ago I came across the trade alert website. I filled in my details using a false name, within a day I had a call from a boiler room scam asking for me by my false name. I kept talking to them and got the details of the shares they were selling, I posted the information here. That site exists purely to get victims for scams, there is no way the boiler room could have got my false name and correct mobile number any other way. If you touch anything you are offered then your money will be stolen, you would be an absolute idiot to even think about doing business with them. They are criminals carrying out a fraud, nothing else.

Just to add to my last post how do you know your money would be in a UK brokerage account? Because that's what they told you? Likewise with 'checking out' the shares they tell you to buy, how are you going to know if they are not part of the scam? Every single scam share that is being sold by boiler rooms is from a registered company, some of them are UK PLCs but it doesn't mean they are not scams.

Like I said before if have anything to do with these people you will lose all of your money, no doubt.

Just to add to my last post how do you know your money would be in a UK brokerage account? Because that's what they told you? Likewise with 'checking out' the shares they tell you to buy, how are you going to know if they are not part of the scam? Every single scam share that is being sold by boiler rooms is from a registered company, some of them are UK PLCs but it doesn't mean they are not scams.

Like I said before if have anything to do with these people you will lose all of your money, no doubt.

Thanks for the advise, I'll certainly take it, though there was very little chance I would have handed over any money since I couldn't understand their method of trading or how they made any money (for obvious reasons as it turns out).
That said, just look at the Brookes Associate web site http://brookes-associates.com/contact.html ... it looks very impressive and reassuring and gives an impassive postal address. Do you think thats part of the scam?

Thanks for the advise, I'll certainly take it, though there was very little chance I would have handed over any money since I couldn't understand their method of trading or how they made any money (for obvious reasons as it turns out).
That said, just look at the Brookes Associate web site http://brookes-associates.com/contact.html ... it looks very impressive and reassuring and gives an impassive postal address. Do you think thats part of the scam?

Yes its part of the scam, firstly the website was registered in June of this year yet they claim to have 15 years experience, that is the usual story for these scams. Secondly their website is registered to Moergestel, null,5066 ZH Netherlands. Tel. +45.36946676 +45.36946676. This is the same registration details used by other scams.

As for their fancy address that is probably a virtual office or mail drop, or they could just have made it up. Do you have any proof they operate from there? Look at Regus.com for virtual offices or 'mailbox plus' services and you'll see you can get an address anywhere for $50 or $60.

To answer your question... I wouldn't forwarded money to any Broker before checking them out. Some are so well established, they don't really need checking. I've always assumed that genuine Brokers are regulated and your account with them is safe, even if they go out of business, is this not so?

To answer your question... I wouldn't forwarded money to any Broker before checking them out. Some are so well established, they don't really need checking. I've always assumed that genuine Brokers are regulated and your account with them is safe, even if they go out of business, is this not so?

Even if you fund an account with a regulated broker you can still lose all your money by buying the worthless shares the boiler room scam recommends to you. Yes if the broker goes bust you may be compensated but if you just buy worthless shares that a boiler room is pumping then its tough luck. Like I said if you do any business with these people you will lose all your money.

..by the way thats not an impressive website, thats a crap template website with file photos that a 14 year old could knock up in an hour.

Thanks again pboyles, forewarned is forearmed. I'm sure I wouldn't have fallen for this one, but I'm going to be much more vigilant in future.

I was in a different thread yesterday quite similar to this one, you guys might want to check out FSIRC.org. Same M.O. definitely a boiler room operation, you can search them in google as fraudsters. The least we can do right now is warn the public about these assholes, how they operate and how they might call you and scam you out of your money. If we are diligent enough to expose who they really are we can put a stop on their operation or at least momentarily.

thats right, and there is a new website that they are using now, i copied this one from another thread check it out:

FSRA Federal Securities Regulatory Agency BOILER ROOM SCAM!!!!
To all investors,

please do aware of this institution or this company called FEDERAL SECURITIES REGULATORY AGENCY or FSRA. we found out that this is not based in the united states infact they are based in asia in the phillipines. they are using

http://www.fsra-protect.org

in fact this is not even registered in the UNITED STATES S.E.C. They are even using

27th/Floor Henry M. Jackson Federal Building 915 2nd Ave. Seattle, Washington 98104 United States of America

this address is not existing. and the number that they are using a roaming number.

They will contact you posing to be an investigator for this agency or send you emails coming from this email address:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY! THIS IS ANOTHER SCAM! DON’T FALL FOR THIS!