Best Options Book for UK Stock trading with worked examples

zambuck

Experienced member
Sorry if this has been asked before....

Are there any books that actually give worked examples of UK Stock Option trading....?

Which is the best book to buy to learn more about the subject...?

Lenny Jordan and others give good explnation but is very general discussion.

For options the best book(s) are anything by The Ri$k doctor (google it). BUT, if you want to get good with options you're going to have to be very patient and be willing to learn for at least a few years. Otherwise there's a 98% chance you won't make any money, options are basically very tough beasts to master a point that the majority miss.

Thanks....Yes I agree....and that is the reason I asked for book and did not even attempt to discuss any other issue on Options.....

I know it is vastly different than conventional stock/ share trading.....

I will look out for that book...

Best Options Book

Options made Easy by Guy Cohen is an excellent introduction which i have studied and used in the past. His other book: The Bible of Options Strategies sounds promising and one which i will be buying for myself.

In addition look at the CBOE (Chicago Board of Exchange) site which has an excellent education section.

As you will appreciate there are many option strategies and where you start will depend on whether you already have a stock holding or whether you want to trade options per se. For example if you already own stock then covered call writing is a great way to start.

Good Luck

Options made Easy by Guy Cohen is an excellent introduction which i have studied and used in the past. His other book: The Bible of Options Strategies sounds promising and one which i will be buying for myself.

In addition look at the CBOE (Chicago Board of Exchange) site which has an excellent education section.

As you will appreciate there are many option strategies and where you start will depend on whether you already have a stock holding or whether you want to trade options per se. For example if you already own stock then covered call writing is a great way to start.

Good Luck

CBOE has has very good Option Tutorial (free) as you mention and I think that in itself is good enough to learn all there is to Options....These tutorials are interactive....They also have Option Courses available at $50/- each lesson....

CBOE - The Options Institute

I did look up the books on Amazon and both the books are available at discount price of bought together......Has some very good reviews....I will order these after I have finished the CBOE Tutorial.....

Amazon.co.uk: Options Made Easy: Books: Guy Cohen

Thanks for these info it is very useful....

CBOE has has very good Option Tutorial (free) as you mention and I think that in itself is good enough to learn all there is to Options....These tutorials are interactive....They also have Option Courses available at $50/- each lesson....

CBOE - The Options Institute

I did look up the books on Amazon and both the books are available at discount price of bought together......Has some very good reviews....I will order these after I have finished the CBOE Tutorial.....

Amazon.co.uk: Options Made Easy: Books: Guy Cohen

Thanks for these info it is very useful....

look no further than DASHING BLADE hes a member on here. hes dealt with stock options all his life via LTOM and i am sure he can help you