Best hours to work a job to allow maximum learning to trade

black prince

Hi everyone I have been a long time lurker and financial markets have always interested me since my days in university and I have finally decided to start trading for real money.

If someone was to have the goal of becoming a full time trader (only source of income) what would be the ultimate job to have in terms of work hours to allow the person to progress as quickly as possible. Obviously if you worked 15 hour days at your current job you wouldnt have much time to watch the markets during the day which seems to be a necessity so im asking would it be more beneficial to work a typical 9-5 day and study in the evening times or to work from 5pm-1 to allow you to watch the markets during the day when they are open?

Which option would you choose assuming both are the exact same job just been carried out at different times (pay being the same)

Thanks

Given that you can replay the day's action at anytime, I would say watch the markets whenever your natural bodyclock will allow.

For example, I have a 8-6pm job so I study the markets in the evening. I only ever manage to do 2 hours, then I'm mentally exhausted.

My best advice would be - fit your trading study into a 'normal' lifestyle. It requires a lot of hard work but don't let it be to the detriment of relationships, time with family/friends etc etc

I wouldn't trade during then day then work 5pm-1am. You'll be just too knackered!

Do a normal job but watch US stocks in the evening. They trade regular hours of 2:30pm to 9pm UK time (once our clocks go forward at the weekend).

Hi everyone I have been a long time lurker and financial markets have always interested me since my days in university and I have finally decided to start trading for real money.

If someone was to have the goal of becoming a full time trader (only source of income) what would be the ultimate job to have in terms of work hours to allow the person to progress as quickly as possible. Obviously if you worked 15 hour days at your current job you wouldnt have much time to watch the markets during the day which seems to be a necessity so im asking would it be more beneficial to work a typical 9-5 day and study in the evening times or to work from 5pm-1 to allow you to watch the markets during the day when they are open?

Which option would you choose assuming both are the exact same job just been carried out at different times (pay being the same)

Thanks

3/hr day is enough for me to deal with trading and market analysis.
I take it more as a hobby and it helps to do away with emotional strings too.
Moreover spending more hours may lead to more mistakes and thus overtrading. So switch between your tasks to keep the mind cooled.
Cheers