'Attacked' Again From Already Restricted URL

jonnyy40

Experienced member
I got an alert and tried to add the site address to my restricted list in Norton Internet Security.The site was already on the list!Is my version of Norton now vulnerable and what other firewall/antivirus software can I run in conjunction with Norton?

jonnyy40 said:
I got an alert and tried to add the site address to my restricted list in Norton Internet Security.The site was already on the list!Is my version of Norton now vulnerable and what other firewall/antivirus software can I run in conjunction with Norton?

Hi Jonnyy40

Try using the free online scanner below which has discovered viruses on my PC that others weren't picking up.

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

jonnyy40 said:

Generally speaking it's not advisable to try and run more than 1 anti-virus program at the same time, in case they conflict. Your best option is to uninstall Norton and try a different program.

rglenn said:
Hi Jonnyy40

Try using the free online scanner below which has discovered viruses on my PC that others weren't picking up.

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

This free version is compatible with Norton providing you don't have them both scanning at the same time! The free version does not offer real-time protection, but is capable of finding things that Norton doesn't. It even found and deleted a spy-ware program/virus from the quarantine section of Microsoft Spy-ware Beta. Can't comment on the full version which does real-time protection.

Re-reading your post, is it not possible that Norton is doing its job ok: i.e. it is resisting the attack successfully from this url, and sending you notification that it has done so? It obviously can't stop the url from initiating the attack.

pete

Thanks RG,blue and peto.
That was really my question peto.I thought blocking the site in the restricted zone meant that it couldn't connect to my pc at all.I'm hopeless with PCs.

yr wlcm, probably case of the blind leading the blind jonnyy! By the way like your signature line, sure it wasn't Bush?