Are you consistent in Fx ?

Aug 19, 2018
This is not very good approach because professional trader targets long-term gains, paying little attention to daily or weekly losses or gains
I was referring to dreams not targets, which I consider to be two different things. The former is an idle fantasy, the latter, to me, is something to strive for based on analysis of one's own trading.

Smurai

Oct 24, 2018
I have been trading for more than 3 years but still i am fighting for consistency in my results.

hatemypips

Nov 11, 2014
No one is consistent in Forex. One month will good and one will bad. so accept it.
So what's about the sense in such trading. Basically what you have to do to avoid is to smooth your returns, i.e. clamp down volatility. Best approach to this - reducing leverage and set tight stop losses

FXX

Oct 12, 2017
No one is consistent in Forex. One month will good and one will bad. so accept it.
Perhaps with a technical based approach where you are basically trading probability and have to accommodate a range or trending market. If you can't adapt to changing conditions then your equity curve won't be smooth. You can also achieve a smooth equity curve trading news and sentiment where you no longer trade probability but rather an event where new information is being priced in. There are many ways to achieve it but one thing is for sure and that is it is possible

Attachments

aa9

Oct 30, 2018
i've been consistent for a few months now, but who knows how long this will last. :/

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
west sussex, UK
fxcorrelator.com
Perhaps with a technical based approach where you are basically trading probability and have to accommodate a range or trending market. If you can't adapt to changing conditions then your equity curve won't be smooth. You can also achieve a smooth equity curve trading news and sentiment where you no longer trade probability but rather an event where new information is being priced in. There are many ways to achieve it but one thing is for sure and that is it is possible
if your trading trading system is not incorporating market volatility or factoring market events and news into its decison process then it will fail

that’s why most free stuff in the internet’s fails ......it’s just dumb indicators and patterns that are not doing the above ...they are just repeating automated signals with no thought for other things

good traders incorporate discretionary factors in their game......that’s why they are profitable

N

George A

Dec 20, 2011
Perth
I have been trading for more than 3 years but still i am fighting for consistency in my results.
It can take years to become consistent ,,,, especially when u do not have someone to show u how as it has been my experience ,,,,,
UNTIL ,,,,,
one finds the theory and approach that will deliver consistency .
One can look round and round for so long ,, then one thing will shine and will turn the whole game around over night :clap: :clap: :clap: ,,,, this is based on m my personal experience of course ! ! !
Consistency gauge for me is when one achieves over 95 % consistency ,,, preferable 98 to 99% ,,, which is very achievable ,, and dont let anyone kid u that it can not be done ,, and the ones that will knock this are the ones that are unable to do it themselves and say it can not be done .
Hope this will give u hope to keep going and do not give up ,,,, as it will come through for anyone who is passionate enough to do it
Read this reply by NVP to someone ,,,,, and thank u NVP ,, u hit it on the head buddy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"" Quote ""
if your trading trading system is not incorporating market volatility or factoring market events and news into its decison process then it will fail

that’s why most free stuff in the internet’s fails ......it’s just dumb indicators and patterns that are not doing the above ...they are just repeating automated signals with no thought for other things

good traders incorporate discretionary factors in their game......that’s why they are profitable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could NOT agree more ,,, and thats exactly where the secret lays
Cheers

George A

Dec 20, 2011
Perth
Hello there .
TOTALLY disagree ........ With all due respect of course .
You just have NOT found the way to be consistent YET .
One day u will do that ,,,, or maybe IF u r serious about wanting to learn this game ,,,, ask some traders to help u find it as im sure there should be plenty of us nice people who are happy to help .
Cheers ,

Aug 19, 2018
There are plenty of people who are trading consistently well, I have no doubt about that. Learning to do so requires time and dedication, but it is possible for anyone.