Are you consistent in Fx ?

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
I tried to consistent in Fx so many times but honestly speaking most of them time, when I do loss then I stop trading and after passing long time then I again kick off my trading . it’s my trading style, it’s not like professional I know . but what can I do ?

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
To be a good trader I feel one must enjoy the challenge of trading and accept some losses that will occur inevitably. They are just part of the process. Over time they will diminish as you improve.

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
To be a good trader I feel one must enjoy the challenge of trading and accept some losses that will occur inevitably. They are just part of the process. Over time they will diminish as you improve.
It’s a big problem that I can’t handle my emotions when making a loss, and after that I always try to take revenge by over trading.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
It’s a big problem that I can’t handle my emotions when making a loss, and after that I always try to take revenge by over trading.
I don't know your age but that is really one deadly problem leading to unecessary losses.
Needs fixing asap

Fxoliq

Apr 26, 2018
Consistency is the main pillar of success! Suppose, if you are able to make 5 pips is a day but consistently , that means your monthly profit will around 100 pips! So, if you have healthy trading equity, nothing is impossible here! So, traders need to focus on consistency!
Yeah thats correct. How is it going ?

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
My broker charges me with an overnight charge for open trades. That means one can't just hold on indefinitely until it comes right.
Does yours ?

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
I was consistent in forex until i lose a lot of money and make me crazy.
we've all been there at some stage in our trading journey.......;)

thats what strengthens the survivors who trade on and push through that level...

it will get better eventually if you are determined enough to continue your education in this fascinating business.....

the secret is loving Trading enough to never ever consider quitting.... or indeed never considering having a life without trading as a major part of it ......trading eventually becomes as normal as breathing .....then you are on your way !

N

Last edited:
May 29, 2018
London
Well, I would say i'm always trying to be consistent. Even though sometimes loses occur, I always trade according to my trading plan and stick to it. This doesn't mean I don't have losses. When I have losses I know it's just temporary.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
Everyone has trades that go wrong sometimes, to state the obvious.
The crucial bit is - what next ?
1. Have a short stop
2. Have a long stop and hold on hoping for a reversal.
3. Have no stop and hope for a reversal.
4. Average down.

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
Well, I would say i'm always trying to be consistent. Even though sometimes loses occur, I always trade according to my trading plan and stick to it. This doesn't mean I don't have losses. When I have losses I know it's just temporary.
you need at least a 1,000 consistently executed trades on a system to see if its got the edge.........100 doesnt cut it ...not even warming up

until then if you are losing it may be just bad luck .....

May 29, 2018
London
you need at least a 1,000 consistently executed trades on a system to see if its got the edge.........100 doesnt cut it ...not even warming up

until then if you are losing it may be just bad luck .....
I see, thanks. By the way your not the first one I heard from this, so I can believe you.:)

Lary

Jun 19, 2018
Almost yes! It's been hard road, but it's improved as well. Right mind/attitude or discipline towards trading and good management are must for those who are looking for consistency.

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
Almost yes! It's been hard road, but it's improved as well. Right mind/attitude or discipline towards trading and good management are must for those who are looking for consistency.
trading is all in the mind..........the rest is details ....just details :smart: