Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_53.png

Here is a pice from J. Lander of ProC capital that just about encapsulates the situation starting from Feb to now:-
"We believe markets are still overly optimistic and are failing to properly consider the ongoing challenges. As such, the current bounce may prove to simply be a bear market rally off the recent panic lows. In February, we warned that the coronavirus could be a significant issue, writing that investors were too complacent and that the coronavirus could prick the 'bubble in everything'. That bubble is now deflating, and the world has changed, as the delusions of the past struggle to remain relevant. The crash was incredibly rapid and alarming, highlighting both the nature of the shock and the fragility of markets. As we lay out in this wire, while markets are enjoying a relief rally, we believe that this crisis has only just begun and investors should prepare for a long, challenging period ahead."

For the few that have a short memory, the virus did not drop from the sky in late Feb, news of the virus was around since early January Trading the Indices on Fundamentals and Trading the Indices on Fundamentals, but markets ignored all warning hitting new highs day after day till late February. Makes you wonder whether market players put their heads in the clouds during the good times and selectively chose the news they want to hear, paying attention only to the news that falls in line with their view rather than change their view based on the average of news... I guess that's why markets grossly overshoot time after time. I repeat what I said before... pure technicians trading only on technicals are lazy traders, good traders also pay attention to the fundamentals. Technicals only take-in the portion of the news that has been priced-in, fundamentals give a guide to the future price.

The last of my 15% to 20% or more correction warning was given on 9th Feb, no one on here even liked nor acknowledge the post, postman in fact, immediately after the post, entered a new long with a 30k target on the DOW, since my posts were talking to the wall or mocked with rants about how trivial the effects of the virus were, I stopped posting here.

Last edited:
Here is a pice from J. Lander of ProC capital that just about encapsulates the situation starting from Feb to now:-
"We believe markets are still overly optimistic and are failing to properly consider the ongoing challenges. As such, the current bounce may prove to simply be a bear market rally off the recent panic lows. In February, we warned that the coronavirus could be a significant issue, writing that investors were too complacent and that the coronavirus could prick the 'bubble in everything'. That bubble is now deflating, and the world has changed, as the delusions of the past struggle to remain relevant. The crash was incredibly rapid and alarming, highlighting both the nature of the shock and the fragility of markets. As we lay out in this wire, while markets are enjoying a relief rally, we believe that this crisis has only just begun and investors should prepare for a long, challenging period ahead."

For the few that have a short memory, the virus did not drop from the sky in late Feb, news of the virus was around since early January Trading the Indices on Fundamentals and Trading the Indices on Fundamentals, but markets ignored all warning hitting new highs day after day till late February. Makes you wonder whether market players put their heads in the clouds during the good times and selectively chose the news they want to hear, paying attention only to the news that falls in line with their view rather than change their view based on the average of news... I guess that's why markets grossly overshoot time after time. I repeat what I said before... pure technicians trading only on technicals are lazy traders, good traders also pay attention to the fundamentals. Technicals only take-in the portion of the news that has been priced-in, fundamentals give a guide to the future price.

The last of my 15% to 20% or more correction warning was given on 9th Feb, no one on here even liked nor acknowledge the post, postman in fact, immediately after the post, entered a new long with a 30k target on the DOW, since my posts were talking to the wall or mocked with rants about how trivial the effects of the virus were, I stopped posting here.
So you were right and lots of people chose not to believe you...or were too stupid to do so. T2W is a reflection of the world writ small and what happened with your predictions will continue to happen both here and out there. Though you might think that you're a voice crying in the wilderness doesn't mean that some folk, somewhere, are not listening.

will be holding into tomorrow main target woud be nice but an interim will be fine

I beg to differ.... you will note I have been consistently short since mid- Feb (I did my own analysis) and was caught out in the following squeeze but managed to maintain some of my shorts and added on the way down.
Everyone views their market from their own prism and in fact there have been some dramatic bear rallies, so you can make money both sides if your skilled and objective.
The fundamentals point to more pain ahead, technical analysis is not particularly effective in the current febrile market and you have to use fundamentals of news flow Interpreting the second and third order effects to get in early on moves.
Large stops and catching extreme moves as or before they reverse are making money at the moment.