Any reviews on John Bartlett 2 Day Residential “Hands on” Live Trading course?

JackDaniel

Hi there,

I saw this link T2W Day Trading & Forex Community and i found the whole idea interesting. The only thing that worried me a little bit is the fact that John seems to spend more time explaining why the other courses are bad rather than why his is good.
Has anyone attended one of his courses? What about this "new" course?

Thanks.

Jack,

Don't waste your money on any courses. None of them can justify the costs. All the material you want is available on the web; all the expertise you want is here on T2W.

Grant.

Jack,

Don't waste your money on any courses. None of them can justify the costs. All the material you want is available on the web; all the expertise you want is here on T2W.

Grant.

could you tell me where to find good understandable info please :)
cheers beatrice

Well others disagree with you Grant!

Jack,

Grant.

Students Comments from recent attendees of John Bartletts Courses Posted by John Bartlett

Thanks John. At last a course that I actually think is great value for money. Looking forward to giving up the day job. I did Greg Secker’s course which compared to yours is a total rip off!
Steve Allen 2009

Although many of the subject matter was not totally new to me, what I gained was a working practical experience of the forex subject, which has given me the added confidence to take the knowledge further. This course helps to put the theory of forex into a practical application, enabling students to take the new skills further.
Joseph Dobson 2009

This has been a great course – highly informative and entertaining at the same time. It has given me the confidence and the tools to start regularly trading on my demo account. The hands on section on the course during live trading hours were an invaluable opportunity.
Meg Arnot 2009

An eye opener. Will recommend to several friends. Very amusing and certainly educational.
Graham Newby 2009

Excellent – very informative and easy to follow. Brian Sellick 2009

Very good. Lots to go over again and again to get everything in order to trade properly.
Terry Elwick 2009

Very open, honest, like the back up facilities on offer. Carl Scarrott

I found John’s style of training refreshing in so much as he did not hype anything up. He did not talk in tens or even hundreds of thousands, just basic £10 profit, £20 profit, but take profit little and often. Honest and very generous. Many Thanks.
Nigel Porter 2009

Very informative, good introduction to trading charts, nice group, long enough. Nice bloke, nice colleague, nice place. Good web-sites to learn from.
Grant Thompson 2009

Absolutely fantastic!! Nuff said!
Roy Ledgister 2009

I have been eagerly waiting to go on this course. John exceeded my expectations. I am very happy with the course and Johns delivery.
Chidindu Oparah 2009

I attend many courses every year and this course was a real highlight. The relaxed friendly and welcoming manner was brilliant. The practical demonstrations were excellent. I loved it and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Excellent value and disappointed it came to an end. I feel prepared to take the first step into the world of trading.
Andrew Harvey 2009

Excellent course, simple language, live trading and a sense of belief this is achievable. Great to be with other traders going through the same journey. John has a great knowledge and is down to earth – no hype. Fantastic value, I feel more confident and ready to start practising the great art of trading. I would like to thank John for initial contact on phone, prompt replies, honesty and look forward to your on going support. Cheers.
Tom Maheady 2009

Very easy to understand – plain English. Take confidence and knowledge back with you. Very good value for money and full of information that does not go over your head.
Atif Rafiq 2009

This course has really helped my understanding of what I need to become a successful trader. The course is delivered in Johns way with humour and no nonsense. The pace is good and the material clear. Live trading sessions were excellent. I now know what I need to do and it’s particularly reassuring to have Johns back up. Excellent. Having looked at a number of alternatives, johns course is way above average in terms of both content and value for money! “What it says on the label is what you get on the tin!”
Mike Harris 2009

Very comprehensive. Goes through all details thoroughly. Good experience of having a go in real trading conditions. Useful knowledge of websites etc. Would definitely recommend.
Estian Schoonraad 2009

A total eye opener. Although most of it is on the c.d, live seminar is absolutely essential for overall confidence and ease of trading. Please don’t fix what is not broken. 10/10.
Manzar Ahmed 2009

Enjoyed every minute. Thanks.
Richard Hardaway 2009

The course was simple and concise with no jargon. It is ideal for a beginner like me with no previous experience. I highly recommend it. Delivered on all it promised, worth every penny.
Usman Thompson 2009

Very good indeed exactly as described, with clear easy to understand content, which has given me the confidence to move forward with the trading, and a clear feeling that the interest is that we do well and succeed with this information. Very good indeed, have looked into courses not with as much information for between 3 to 5 times as much money.
Matt Hoare 2009

Amusing and down to earth. John gave a comprehensive introduction to scalping the forex and crammed a great amount into a single day. It will take some time to master all the information but as he says “practise, practise, practise” that is what I shall do.
Francis Page 2009

An informative and interactive day, I have definitely learnt to take control of my short term trades and limit any losses. A great idea to have everybody actually trading during the course.
Derek Jones 2009

Very interesting course given by John. Great to learn the scalping techniques and I made more profits in the 50 minute trading session than I have in the weeks of previous trading. Will be looking forward to putting this into regular practise.
Cliff baker 2009

Wonderful course, the only regret I have is I haven’t come along to one of the courses before!! Very clear concise and very entertaining. If you are thinking about attending, just do it, you have nothing to lose!!
Paul Boyd 2009

Enjoyed the course very much. Nice venue. John is very easy going and Carolyn is lovely. Worth coming just to see her. Hope to increase my discipline from now on. Thanks John

Geoff William 2009
I found the practical application on the demo account sites invaluable. I have attended the beginners course some years ago but it was very good to be reminded of the techniques involved and the discipline required. (A bit like a golfer having coaching lessons every year. Even Tiger Woods has a coach!)
Harry Berry 2009

Felt encouraged by the straight forward ‘no bull****’ presentation. I feel that I can now succeed as a trader if I make the necessary effort.
Clive Brooks 2009

Trading can easily be over complicated but John tells you exactly what you need to know without the hype. Looking forward to putting it into practise tomorrow.
Roger Keilty 2009

Good course John. Cannot fault anything – theory excellent. The money management is the key – easy to say but difficult sometimes. Wish you all the very best and hope to be in touch, Will start again with my trading using the strict 5% rule!
John Stivey 2009

Excellent! Reinforces what I have learned from previous Johns courses. Thank you.
Ross Selby 2009

Excellent. A hell of a lot crammed into one day but all good stuff.
Alan Morgan 2009

Thank you for your no nonsense approach and guidance. It is a refreshing breath of fresh air.
Aftab Quadri 2009

Having only been looking at trading the forex for 3 months it was great to have many of my beliefs that it is all about discipline and risk management confirmed. I have been trying to learn candlesticks and lots (too many) technical indicators. Many many thanks for simplifying things for me.
Grant Hamilton 2009

Very good. Excellent pace. Just enough time to have a go ourselves. Good location – easy to find. Good internet connection. Would come on another course and would recommend to others. Great after care support!
Sharon Went 2009

Plain speaking, hand holding and no crap. Liked the demo platform competition (because I won). Having been on several ‘freebies’ I can now focus on John’s approach.
Allan Willoughby 2009

Excellent course, very stimulating and educating. Thank you.
F. Parker 2009

Hi John,
I was wondering, if I express an interest in your course, will it take another 21 months for you to reply!
:LOL:
Tim.
(Where are those Halloween smilies when you want them!)

Last edited:
If I was ever to pay for a trading course it would have to be live.They need to be accountable for what they teach.Bartlett has very few negative comments.I have not been on the course but he does seem to go further than most.As others say it is all available on this and other sites. There is nothing left that is new

There is nothing left that is new
I couldn't disagree more.
The way I view the markets now is different to how I viewed them last year and, I imagine, different to how I'll view them next year. You could, I suppose, argue that other traders will at some point or another in their trading lives have viewed the markets the same way I have at different times and, therefore, there is nothing new. But, the point is, it's new to ME! Also, in absolute terms, the idea that there's nothing new can not be correct. If it was, then there would be known methods for profiting from the markets and everybody would flock to them. However, this doesn't happen, not least because if they did, said profitable methods would stop working instantly. So, the fact that the markets are in constant state of flux, means that new stuff happens every minute of every day.
Tim.

Good points raised timsk, in general i was refering to trading courses and what they teach. Your right I am always learning,but what i am learning has always been there but I just havent spotted it before. Once its surfaced,history repeats itself and sure enough it appears again.
I couldn't disagree more.
The way I view the markets now is different to how I viewed them last year and, I imagine, different to how I'll view them next year. You could, I suppose, argue that other traders will at some point or another in their trading lives have viewed the markets the same way I have at different times and, therefore, there is nothing new. But, the point is, it's new to ME! Also, in absolute terms, the idea that there's nothing new can not be correct. If it was, then there would be known methods for profiting from the markets and everybody would flock to them. However, this doesn't happen, not least because if they did, said profitable methods would stop working instantly. So, the fact that the markets are in constant state of flux, means that new stuff happens every minute of every day.
Tim.

Good points raised timsk, in general i was refering to trading courses and what they teach. Your right I am always learning,but what i am learning has always been there but I just havent spotted it before. Once its surfaced,history repeats itself and sure enough it appears again.
Hi Julian,
Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick in my last post. Yes, I see what you're saying and agree with you completely!
Tim.

There is nothing left that is new

I would probably agree with this but then getting it all in one place where you can follow graduated steps in learning it is not that easy. This is why many people like to do a course because they are hoping to be able to have a structured approach rather than surf the net for hours on end picking up bits here and there in my view.

Paul

A good teacher/instructor/mentor should be well worth their fee and could save you loads of time and money overall as well as identifying your shortcomings - which may not be self-evident. The only difficulty is fnding one - but they are there.

The trading techniques I've self-taught over the years could probably have been accomplished much better and quicker by a good teacher, but then I've been down loads of cul-de-sacs and you don't half learn a lot on the journey.

Maybe it's a bit like your doctor / dentist / lawyer / plumber / gardener / mechanic - if you find a good one stick with them!

If I was ever to pay for a trading course it would have to be live.They need to be accountable for what they teach.Bartlett has very few negative comments.I have not been on the course but he does seem to go further than most.As others say it is all available on this and other sites. There is nothing left that is new

Unless I've got my wires crossed he is supposedly teaching/marketing "scalping the forex" using spread betting....IMHO you aint gonna thrive at that unless you are s.h.i.t. hot. Scalping using dma is different, but still a very difficult skill for a newb to acquire; think drawdowns and how many losses to equal the gains...

Could be he has different views on what scalping is, he may mean working of ten min TFs, to me it's 1-3 min TFs..or less if looking to 'exploit'...

there's a few You tube vids, heres one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUwon9vKbeA&feature=related

That utube vid has put me right of him,hes a master of everything. Why is it that he and Martin Cole have been around so long and yet there are so few people that have taken either course on this site

That utube vid has put me right of him,hes a master of everything. Why is it that he and Martin Cole have been around so long and yet there are so few people that have taken either course on this site

I really struggle with the majority of the you tube trading vids, they are for the most part totally unprofessional.

There's a couple of other vids that are 'interesting'; firstly the one where he attempts to put of folk from buying courses - online or residential, however his 2 morning course in France is £1,000 :confused:...without flights, food, or accommodation..

In the second one he interviews a guy who has just done the residential course...pointless...

I dunno, horses for courses and all of that, if someone comes away fired up, hits ground running and then scalps like a Mohican on South America's best marching powder as a result of paying a grand then fair enuff...

TBH I reckon it'd be better to get 50 potential spread-betters paying 500 quid a pop for a weekend crash course at a hotel including; accommodation, grub and a free bar on Saturday night... probably leaves organiser 'up' 200 quid per bod...

TBH I reckon it'd be better to get 50 potential spread-betters paying 500 quid a pop for a weekend crash course at a hotel including; accommodation, grub and a free bar on Saturday night... probably leaves organiser 'up' 200 quid per bod..

Good idea, I will start work on providing one :)

Paul

Good idea, I will start work on providing one

C'mon, guys!? We're not suggesting that this hasn't been tried before surely? White labels are the way forward on these boards, not least because it'll keep the game going for longer, i.e the massacre of the newbies rushing over the top into the waiting guns of the bookies will be stemmed once the eager flow of lemmings has been stopped?

Or don't you think that's quite right? Or nearly right, perhaps? :)

To be clear, I'm suggesting the market for 'training' in this arena could be improved substantially without too much effort.....

Food for thought, perhaps?

Cheers

Mayfly

C'mon, guys!? We're not suggesting that this hasn't been tried before surely? White labels are the way forward on these boards, not least because it'll keep the game going for longer, i.e the massacre of the newbies rushing over the top into the waiting guns of the bookies will be stemmed once the eager flow of lemmings has been stopped?

Or don't you think that's quite right? Or nearly right, perhaps? :)

To be clear, I'm suggesting the market for 'training' in this arena could be improved substantially without too much effort.....

Food for thought, perhaps?

Cheers

Mayfly

TBH I've been staggered at the lack of quality in the training offered...'tis almost as if they're not telling you 'something'...strange that...;)