Advice needed on suitable Graphic Card

vegas

Unfortunately a bit of a knuckle head when it comes to these matters.

I am currently looking at a Dell Quad monitor setup. These are the options I have been given (sure probably be a lot cheaper etc out there, but, really need the guarantee of next day service piece).

So, can anyone confirm if this will do the trick of supporting 4 monitors :

1. Matrox M9140 512MB Quad PCIe x16 Low Profile Graphics Card (£325)

or

2. Two 768MB Nvidia Quadro FX1800 - 2DP,1DVI (1DP-DVI,1DVI-VGA adapter)(MRGA16L) Graphics Cards (£500)

Really looking for a second opinion from those that understand these things.

Thanks.

Im a computer dummy myself, I also paid the£325 for the quad card.On some comps I beleive you can use some sort of split cable. Look in the hardware section,Im sure its all there

Are those two the only options you are considering? Because i think Dell got pc's with the nvs 420 card which supports 4 monitors, check optiplex 960, there are also some precision desktops which supports this card.

The Matrox card looks really promising aswell, I would suggest that one rather then the Quadro FX because If you are only going to use the card for ie trading I do not think you need the performance of a Quadro FX really.

Unfortunately a bit of a knuckle head when it comes to these matters.

I am currently looking at a Dell Quad monitor setup. These are the options I have been given (sure probably be a lot cheaper etc out there, but, really need the guarantee of next day service piece).

So, can anyone confirm if this will do the trick of supporting 4 monitors :

1. Matrox M9140 512MB Quad PCIe x16 Low Profile Graphics Card (£325)

or

2. Two 768MB Nvidia Quadro FX1800 - 2DP,1DVI (1DP-DVI,1DVI-VGA adapter)(MRGA16L) Graphics Cards (£500)

Really looking for a second opinion from those that understand these things.

Thanks.

Hey Vegas, I'm in the midlands here myself. What graphic option did you go with after do you mind me asking? Are you trading at home?