Accuracy of Exchange data

blash

It has come to light on a couple of recent threads that the charts we are using are not 100% accurate.

Apparantly this due to the data from the exchange's (Eurex) and not the data vendors or charting software.

Initialy this horrified me as I used to use stops for entry/exit, but if the charts arnt 100% accurate then surely trading with exact stops based on the charts is going to be flawed.

Does anybody know where I can find info on how the Eurex works?

One thing this has taught me is that I need to trade more on intuition on what I see happening in the market not trading off the exact high/low.

Paul

basically Eurex dont issue all the prices at which trades took place - and yes it is an issue - but a real complex one to deal with - since of course everyone is trading off the data that they can see on the charts - so they will trade in accordance with that - so what is the right data and what is the wrong data???

basically your best course is to ignore the issue - but beware that you may get stopped out sometimes when there was not apparent trade at that level

but key is not to look at a chart and compare the apparent volatilty to a Globex chart symbol for instance - since Globex is totaly transparent and shows all trades

Sorry stevet but what do you mean by comparing a chart with a Globex chart?

I currently only trade the Dax from the one chart, data being supplied by Eurex.

Paul

blash

i meant that sometimes people look at charts of different symbols, or the way that an indicie moves, and then make a decision of its relative volatilty - in order to decide how safe it is to trade - but if you look at a Eurex or CBOT product - you are not seeing the whole picture - so that judgement is distorted