Accountant blows £9 Million Spr-Betting

...and in THOSE days 9m squid was a lot of money!

I'm probably one of the least risky people going - whatever I do I keep one foot (metaphorically) on the ground whilst reaching out with the other - but I can imagine this happening all too easily to anyone given the opportunity.... anyone like to bet he did it for the buzz as much as the money?
(no odds on that - I'm risk averse, remember <g>)
Dave

I liked the became so hooked he used the Internet up to 30 times a day while sitting at his desk at work bit - god knows what they'd say about some scalping day-trader who was making 30 trades a minute... :)

I only use it once most days,
I turn it on the first chance I get, and they prise my cold, seemingly lifeless fingers from the mouse in time to pack me off to bed when all reason has departed several hours later.
(A bit of an exaggeration really, reason's departure isn't something that usually takes all that long <g>)

That's the equivalent of 45,000,000 LOSING trades at finspreads on their 1p per point newbie thing

(I'm assuming he put on a 20p stop loss.)

Not a lot of people know that

:cool:

You're in jail but still online, FC? "Ford Open" or somewhere, I suppose? ...

He handed his notice in after losing £9m, I think I would have transfered another million or two and left the country pretty quick. I hear Brazil is nice this time of year.

I trust it was company money would not need to bet if it was his own
but you only hear the stories if they loose many more win but that not news