A Trading Plan - You MUST Have One!

Hi stoli788,
Welcome to T2W!
The thread died off when the 'Trading Plan Template' was added to the Knowledge Lab'. Here's a link in case you've not come across it yet:
T2W Trading Community
Completed plans that are based upon the template are thin on the ground. That is to say there are none on T2W that I'm aware of - but this is to be expected. A completed plan is a very personal document and so it's not altogether surprising that members aren't queuing up to unveil theirs in the harsh light of public scrutiny. Having said that, don't let me or anyone else stop you from doing just that! You could be the first . . .
;)
Tim.
Hi Tim,
This is a very good thread.
Many years ago you have done a great job in writing the 'Trading Plan Template".
I would like personally acknowledge your work, generosity and kindness in making it available for wider public. A BIG THANK YOU!!!
Please be sure though you will never know the full extend of the positive impact of work like this, that conscientious and wise people have and will invest time in doing what is necessary and right, however most for personal and other reasons will not acknowledge it on a public forum in a great detail/s.

The Trading Psychology thread is also good and concise.

Personally I have been working on my trading plans and strategies for a long time!
Yes - at the very least - I know when I am tempted or have done things that stand in a way to greater profits . For sure the trading plan is a good measuring stick for that, and the trading account too!

My best wishes to you and the T2W team,

2be

PS
I have found Jordan Peterson a very interesting educator, lecturer and debater.
Have listened to many of his lectures and a lot I have found applicable to life general including trading.
you might like to check him and the Self Authoring which is still on offer.
https://jordanbpeterson.com/
The link above is JBP general website, if you go to Self Authoring, then choose " More Information"
Please note that my intention is not to advertise it an I do not have any financial or otherwise interest in positing this information. I just found Jordan Peterson a breath of fresh air i many aspects.

Last edited:
I have found Jordan Peterson a very interesting educator, lecturer and debater.
Have listened to many of his lectures and a lot I have found applicable to life general including trading.

I don't want to go into politics and political correctness, but this guy is fairly controversial on this side of the pound... Even tough I do agree with some of his stuff (from what little I have seen about him on the telly), there is something really wrong about him... I cannot pin point exactly... maybe he looks like a prime candidate for a dictator or maybe he is just plain crazy...

I am not surprised by "Blue Church" media to portray Jordan Peterson as "controversial".

I find his lectures very good, as he has posted them on you tube. Not many professors would post the lectures for free on you tube, lectures which constitute a lot of hard work.
Jordan is a great communicator, well read on the subjects he speak about. He has been pushed into the contested areas of PC and areas closely connected to it, so he speaks his mind in eloquent and very logical way.

In Europe and elsewhere the last century provided plenty of "powerful" experiences of totalitarian states with similar utopian ideology underlying both sides, with few local variations.

I am not homophobic, racist or otherwise committed to put people down, I truly detest such practices.
But I am certainly not a follower of any utopian ideology which always had led us to similar results, historically proved. It is naive to think that "this time it will be different".

Personally I bear the marks of "sounds great" but so far always delivering disaster and total corruption ideology.

Coming back to JBP, I do like his logical approach, and his approach to many insightful authors and thinkers. It does not mean that I absolutely agree with everything he says, but on the whole he represents a breath of fresh air in this current generation. Very close friends of mine from different continents, testify that the main thrust of his message positively resonates with them, which is also my experience.
What else can I say.

By the way I study writings and contributions of many other people, JBP is not my only hero, but I like the things he communicates.
I do not wish to defend or condemn anybody, let the man (person :)) speak for himself, while our freedom is slowly curtailed, of which compelled speech is just one example, IMHO.

For those who have time to listen to his worthy lectures, enjoy them!

Best wishes to all,

2be

Last edited:
trading strategies

hello, i am a novice trader currently creating my trading plan. i plan on trading forex pairs. i just need help in finding trading strategies that would work for forex. i do plan on going over these strategies once i find them to see which is best for my trading style. help please :)

tims got some great stuff on this thread ......excellent work guys