Spreadbetting Ripoff?

spread betting is an exceelent way to trade. its tax free too.

these people have no recourse. if i lose money at ladbrooks, di i cry foul?

these people lost long before they opened a spread betting account.

My partner and I both trade with CMC and while I've had no real problems with them - orders taken well, stops and limits executed fine - however, there was one occasion when we both had the same chart on, but the candle formations for the previous hour on each were different.

It was some months ago and we were both trading the Dow and had 5 min charts on. The candle formation and the high formed over the previous hour was different on my chart to the chart showing on my partners screen. At the time I did print a copy of each screen off and was going to contact them to ask for an explanation, but never got around to it. :rolleyes:

I've visited the ripoff site, but they don't say what anomolies they've encountered when using the software. What also makes me suspicious is the fact that they ask for copies of your monthly accounts with CMC, so they can check them for errors. I'm not sure that I want someone I don't know looking through my accounts.

Anyway if it is as bad as they say, why haven't they reported it to the FSA? CMC are regulated by them, just like all other spreadbetting companies, so if it's a legitimate complaint, surely the FSA would look into it.