• eTrade Spreadbet

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • City Index

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters

wasp

Legendary member
hi all,

Was planning on going live on my journal today but had second thoughts as I was planning on using capital spreads but they are becoming less and less reliable.

Who, in general opinion, is number one at the moment for spreadbetting - specifically cable?

(I've added a poll for the main options I can think of but I'll add any as suggested...)

Cheers

Still a tight race between Finspreads and capital spreads...

Since its such a tight race I'm going to wait till the new year and see how Simon does with improving FX speeds and the illusive 24 hour FX platform before deciding.

It's looking to be between CS and Finspreads as IG's spreads seeem pretty wide compared to the former two.

City Index for me - excellent platform which I can honestly say never gives me any probs

Gap man,

Is that for forex? If so, whats the spread on cable and eur/usd?

Hi Wasp - I trade Dow and FTSE mainly but the occaisional position on Forex - on the Daily Spot they are 5 points spread...

Sorry - missed the bit about the Forex emphasis.....

No worries Gap Man....

Those forex spreads are a bit wide for my liking though

wasp said:
No worries Gap Man....

I agree with Gap Man. I voted for Capital spreads but I like City for bigger FX trader, despite ugly spreads on FX. Why am I willing to pay the extra pips? For their reliability and speed of execution!

Abobtrader

I've asked Rossered to add city index to the poll as it's proving to be popular as I don't know how to edit it, but if there is another mod around to do so as Matt doesn't seem to be around...

wasp said:
No worries Gap Man....

oh dear, i dont think you`ll be choking with excitement to trade with ig then and there mouth-watering 9-11 point spreads on daily forex? christmas is a time of giving you know

Cheers for the addition Matt...

Looks like CS are heading forward with CMC and finspreads close behind. If CS can improve on their current problems they could well be the winner.

Anyone got the spread details for cable and euro in Finspreads and CMC?

cmc customer service is crap

bharat said:
i like using cmc,good service and pays interest on unused cash,capital don't

Just like to say that although CMC system is good, its not great, the JAVA based system can be clumsy, and it can crash.

But the worse thing about CMC, crap customer service, they dont want to know about your problems. I was complaining about their system, and guess what they said..."So do you want to close your account??"

I see that finspreads is in third place at the moment. Can anyone who uses them for fx or any other product really, tell me what their like. The reliability of their platform, what its like getting in and out of trades.

Thanks,

Breadman

IG should come in LAST PLACE! Thier platform is excellent but their spreads are horrendous. 8-10 on Cable and 16-23 on Light Sweet!!!

They must be doing something right to come in third at the moment!