multiple Multi-monitor cards

Scorny

I am currently running a duel-head card & I'm considering getting a tripple-headcard to run alongside the existing card. The reason for this is that a tripple-head card is 1/2 the cost of a quad.
Can this be done?

Thanks for replies guys,

I once bought a quad card on ebay & was conned. The card arrived & it was a quad card, but it was useless unless i downgraded my operating system. Since then I've avoided ebay.

Scorny said:
Thanks for replies guys,

I once bought a quad card on ebay & was conned. The card arrived & it was a quad card, but it was useless unless i downgraded my operating system. Since then I've avoided ebay.

Oh, so you were the sucker I sold it to! Sorry about that...the markets haven't been treating me very nicely lately, gotta find some way to make money. :cheesy:

Seriously though, that's terrible. I've bought hundreds of things from eBay and never had a problem, guess I'm lucky. I've been an eBay addict for a couple years now! :D
Did you try explaining it to the seller and requesting a refund? I always make it a point to only buy from sellers who have at least 90-95% positive feedback, and who have completed at least 100 transactions.
You should also use Paypal, that way you can take advantage of Paypal's Buyer Protection Program. As far as I know, eBay's also has default buyer's protection - I believe you're automatically covered up to a couple hundred of dollars. I would email them with the situation and see what they will do.
Anyway, good luck with your video cards. BTW, you should have no problem running a triple head card along with your existing card. I run two quads, both matrox, no problems. Whatever you do, try not to mix brands (like one ATI, one Matrox) because supposedly it can create driver compatibility issues.

James

JMiller said:
. Whatever you do, try not to mix brands (like one ATI, one Matrox) because supposedly it can create driver compatibility issues.

James

I run a Nvidia and an ATI with no problems

roguetrader said:
I run a Nvidia and an ATI with no problems

Oh, okay. I heard from a couple other people that it's not good to do so because it can cause driver compatibility issues and be more difficult to configure, especially if they have conflicting features or capability support. I've always used the same brands and types, so I've never had any such issues.
Of course then again all my monitors HAVE to be the same brand also. :rolleyes:
Must something psychological or something, but it would really bug me if they weren't.

James

Quick query...

I currently have two computers using the one monitor and have a Belkin 'switch' to switch between the two. If i wanted to go to a dual monitor system, is this possible if I installed a dual graphics card in both computers ?

Ta..

You can run 2 monitors off one PC with a duel-head card.
Why do you have 2 pc's that share one monitor?

I have got a FX5700 with a normal out and DVI out - anyone know if I can use this for dual view ?

Thanks!

Scorny said:
You can run 2 monitors off one PC with a duel-head card.
Why do you have 2 pc's that share one monitor?

I use one for work related stuff (when working from home) and one for personal use. Just preferred to keep them on separate machines.

yes - should be easy. connect both monitors and then in control panels->display->settings->advanced->multimonitor just select the other monitor and click "enable" ....or somthing similar.

jitasb said:
Quick query...

I currently have two computers using the one monitor and have a Belkin 'switch' to switch between the two. If i wanted to go to a dual monitor system, is this possible if I installed a dual graphics card in both computers ?

Ta..

No - your switch box will only have 2 video in and 1 out - if you want to switch both monitors, you'll need to have a second switch box: leave the keboard/mouse/monitor 1 on the current switch and put monitor 2 on the 2nd switch