Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Not me !!! Hans123.

I suffered from the same old same old... premature evacuation from a cable short, after the figures, for a paltry 20 pips.

Had trouble getting filled and then just panicked completely..... Never going to get the hang of this.

Why not just close half of your position, and move the stop on the rest to b/e? Then you will save at least 10 pips - and still travel with the move.

Kaffee said:
600 points on average per month. The problem is getting the leverage right. I made the point on Hans' thread that it was an "all or nothing" system i.e, If your first month is a "down" month do not jack it in.

Some bloke was bitching on there today about not trading NFP as it had screwed him over in Nov and Dec and his account had been badly dented blah blah...

I seriously think some people see the month that it generated 1000 pips and expect it every month. Key word is AVERAGE. You can't pick and choose the trades. Just wish I had 50K to give it a go for a year. Still, tonights' Euromillions lottery win will sort that ;)

We don't need 1000 pips. 600 pips on average per month will make us rich in a few years time. If it's true that Hans123 makes so many pips, it's a very good system, but I am not sure it's true. Let us continue to follow it. How much did it make last month?

Baruch said:
We don't need 1000 pips. 600 pips on average per month will make us rich in a few years time. If it's true that Hans123 makes so many pips, it's a very good system, but I am not sure it's true. Let us continue to follow it. How much did it make last month?

From the first post of the thread:

November 2005: +554 pips
December 2005: +345 pips
January 2006: +73 pips

-A8

A8 - Do you have the drawdown associated with this system over those same months?

It needs to be considered.

I agree the draw down is quite a lot. I am currently testing the system using the EA on meta trader. The stops are very wide. Well beyond what I will use anyway and I have not adjusted the current file I have. I will be doing that as the reward ratio is almost 1:1 and to be honest should be at least 1:2 or more or else it will wipe out the capital quite soon. But I am quite impressed with it. On Friday it was quite accurate and did not go long so could have captured all the move but my ratio needs to be adjusted.

TheBramble said:
A8 - Do you have the drawdown associated with this system over those same months?

No, I don't sorry. Took those figures from the first page. Maybe hans can add those stats to that page or something.

-A8

Altern8 said:
No, I don't sorry. Took those figures from the first page. Maybe hans can add those stats to that page or something.
OK mate, no probs. Would be good to have an idea of the whoopsie factor though.

TheBramble said:

Posted by Hans 26/01/06 after a mare of week:-

It's for sure the worst period I had so far, resulting in the biggest drawdown of this system at the moment.

01/17: -50
01/18: -244
01/19: -237
01/20: +196
01/23: +65
01/24: -120
01/25: +8
01/26: -185 (so far)

Total: -567 pips

Kaffee said:

It's for sure the worst period I had so far, resulting in the biggest drawdown of this system at the moment.

but didnt he close the month of January as slightly ahead ?
( doesnt that mean the days leading upto Jan 17th was way ahead ? )
isnt the point that in the long run, it is profitable ?

the problem, as JonnyT has evaluated, is that ideas work for a while, then dont.
how much do you have to lose before you decide "this isnt working anymore" ?

doesnt matter for us, as I am sure we are all using multiple systems to smooth out the equity curve, arent we ? :cheesy:

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this thing

One more time for the masses :D

Last edited:
Delta: today is a Green Day. generally a small-range / sideways day, but possibly showing a turn.
may dip slightly from where it is, but will close higher than the open.
( forward testing my understanding )

that will do me Trendie currently looking to turn

although dont like the small range bit of your post but Im not greedy so 95 pips will do

trendie said:
but didnt he close the month of January as slightly ahead ?
( doesnt that mean the days leading upto Jan 17th was way ahead ? )
isnt the point that in the long run, it is profitable ?

the problem, as JonnyT has evaluated, is that ideas work for a while, then dont.
how much do you have to lose before you decide "this isnt working anymore" ?

doesnt matter for us, as I am sure we are all using multiple systems to smooth out the equity curve, arent we ? :cheesy:

Yes was >+600 pips up , gave most of it back.

Kaffee said:

- 567 pips in losses in one week. You really need a big account to trade this system... :cheesy:

PS. Nice Big Ben trade this morning.

turn?

dc2000 said:

although dont like the small range bit of your post but Im not greedy so 95 pips will do

Broke down from overnight - may turn now DC ?

Attachments

• monday.JPG
    monday.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 151
dc2000 said:

take everything I say with a big pinch of salt - I should carry Delta "L" plates.
However, I ntoticed that Green/Orange days seem to be more "congesty" than other free-flowing days.

Attachments

• delta_003.GIF
    delta_003.GIF
    122.3 KB · Views: 262
PS. Nice Big Ben trade this morning.[/QUOTE]

Baruch

I have lost count of how many times this has been pointed out to you.

The Big Ben breakout is based on the 7am - 8 am GMT range.

Now being as up till now it has not broken that range how on earth can it be a nice trade!