Dow 2007

only 310 points more to fall on dow and we have a dow theory bear signal...anybody from the wgom aka ppt listening?

Agree with you there. I've been baffled by the DAX for several days now, but two attempts to go short have convinced me to stay clear.

just as well I left it alone....something was brewing...didn't seem right..Dow just rallied 100pts

Aaaaaaaaaaagh Bisto!

We have just dipped below Feb highs .... and theoretically this should be some sort of support........so with 7.00pm approaching and the need for bulls to show themselves ..

Toasted Bear may be on the menu once again.... I've no positions on the dow just waiting to see what the chef deicides... :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My models are telling me...

I've got thick red line at 370/72 zone

but the first potential bar/hurdle comes around 300-305

Lets see what happens up there if we remain firm....
==============================================================================================
Amended due to spreadsheet corruption...

359ish, 370-76, ........then laptop1's pre market levels on Thursday.
Strong day is +200 which brings us to 466 (slicing into old recent lows/sppt)
Watching 500-520 if we get a flyer.... Now 263

Last edited:
just need it to tank tomorrow....bring on the Panzer Division....:LOL:

Agreed ......oil is also looking intresting sub $96...lets see if we can hold $95 overnight for a potential flyer tomorrow (?).... should be nice scalper either way.

It's looking poorly but who knows what the lads have planned...

QUOTE OF THE DAY
1 - " No officer set out that day to shoot an innocent man" - very curious thing to say by the head of the met..... imo

WEIRD ??
2 - Tidal wave due to hit UK tomorrow .......

Last edited:
Back in the groove then

"now looking to Tuesday for the 228 buy, many over here waiting for a late 688 before more selling"

Hi DC, long time no chat. Caught your post a little late and managed to short DOW cash at 13650, stayed up late last night and reversed at 13221 which promptly went up and I closed at 13271. Long again 13229 this afternoon and closed at 13270 on it's way back down from 13400ish. Long again 13203, added long at 13100 close 1 of those at 13240 and currently still have the remaining long on DOW with a short on DAX at 7872 for overnight.

All in all a damn useful post to follow!!

Cheers and good luck in vegas.

PS. Didn't understand the reference to 180 on FTSE??

Last edited:
You called a nice little move....hope you closed out in time. I did warn you ...

thanks mate, sure i did take my profits. i run a little method based on 3rds.

spot a setup, i expect 2/3 to get there, if it gets 3/3 im happy. so, my position is, i take profits on 2/3 of position at 2/3 of target, rest keep a stop at 1/3 profit of expected move. if last lot goes to 3/3 expected move, then i take a nice profitable trade on the last lot, otherwise, i dont complain. fool proof :LOL:

so, call is 150 from high at 19.00 and 2/3s of move is +90, take 2/3 so +60 on original position, and on 1/3 of remaining take + 30 or a +10 so, all in all a nice + 70 :cheesy:

Dow hourly pins

so everybody long from 13228?

Not me! Some of DCs calls have been good, but I don't place orders based on figures quoted on an Internet BB.

Did anyone buy 13228 when it was first hit? Did anyone get out in 20 minutes for a profit? Who got stopped out?

I don't trade this market intra day, but I've been following TD's thread "Making Money Trading" (link in sig) and have found his setups interesting. Here is my take on a possible Dow setup.

And I'm giving in and using the "cash" price for this post since everyone else is.

Perhaps a target based on local resistance on the H1, or perhaps exit MOC if the daily did not confirm.

Attachments

• dow.png
    dow.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 146