GREY1 P/L daily

Today's issues

CISCO reporting after hours. ( I might take a position depending on the behaviour just before close )
BERNANKE speach . If there is a PAUSE in RATE then that already factored in hence no point to go long how ever if the sentiment shifts towards RATE HIKE then market will move downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn swiftly.. RISK OF GOING SHORT IS MUCH LESS IMHO

Grey1

Grey1 said:
Pauk

They wind me up . I have given up on them .
Run your IB platform on a separate computer with basic charting from IB data for the stock you are trading? Preferably a laptop (with a back up connection via the dial up modem) so that power cut will not affect it.

LII

Grey1 said:
Hi

Hi ,

Yes i shorted right at the top @ 18.30 ish . The $INDU was not any where near OB earlier .Hence no short ...

You should have taken the long signal @ 16 hours. it would have been a great long. super impose INDU on AAPL and watch the relative strenght of the market against stock .. when market was falling AAPL was rising and you had a VWAP signal too .. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE TRADE. This is a Basic TA .. when market and stock diverge you take the stock direction on market PULL BACK . This is a simple concept . I have posted you the tell tale sign of an excellent divergence on aapl to day .. HENCEEEEEEE LONGGGGGGG APPLY

Your entry is always on the first sign of divergence on 1 min chart .

Hi Grey1

Thanks for your reply. I am glad that this was a valid signal. :D

And the relative strength is another awesome concept. However I still need to reconcile two statements..

1. when market and stock diverge you take the stock direction on market PULL BACK
2. Your entry is always on the first sign of divergence on 1 min chart

By 1. we take trade when market PULLBACK in the stock's direction
By 2. we take the trade when prices are moving in the opposite ways..

So is it correct to combine two statements in chronological order as..

We take the trade when market PULLBACK and then prices resume their divergence in 1 min chart. Is it the correct understanding?

thanks and regards,..

Ok I am all cash and out waiting for the announcment.

This is my strategy , if there is a pause in interest rate I will short the rally . The stock has to come from the Engine and could be AAPL , AMGN or JOYG ( not so sure on JOYG , how ever if i short it it has to be fast in and out because it is not technically correct to short a strong stock )

mean while up $691 an easy peasy day up until now

Grey1

Attachments

• 691.28.jpg
    691.28.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 25
Grey1 said:
Ok I am all cash and out waiting for the announcment.

This is my strategy , if there is a pause in interest rate I will short the rally . The stock has to come from the Engine and could be AAPL , AMGN or JOYG ( not so sure on JOYG , how ever if i short it it has to be fast in and out because it is not technically correct to short a strong stock )

mean while up $691 an easy peasy day up until now

Grey1
It happend as I thought and I shorted AAPL as i said i would

MA MA MIA MR PREDICTABLE.. This market is like playing open poker LOL

Up $ 1571

Attachments

• 1571.jpg
    1571.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
leovirgo re: relative strength ... check ebay after the annoucement.. the index tumbled but ebay hardly moved.

Cigar said:
leovirgo re: relative strength ... check ebay after the annoucement.. the index tumbled but ebay hardly moved.
agree CIGAR

OK Iam done for the day with a ass kicking mood which resulted in $2124.05 for the day . Not lost a single days since i invented my VWAP ENGINE lol

THANK YOU MR ENGINE

Grey1

Attachments

• 2124.05.jpg
    2124.05.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 19
Cigar said:
Hi Cigar, yeah, I just checked it out. A strong one!
thanks,..

Grey1 said:
agree CIGAR

OK Iam done for the day with a ass kicking mood which resulted in $2124.05 for the day . Not lost a single days since i invented my VWAP ENGINE lol

THANK YOU MR ENGINE

Grey1

Grey 1, Pls can you post your book trader so we can learn from it.

great trading.

Thx

gulam said:
Grey 1, Pls can you post your book trader so we can learn from it.

great trading.

Thx
sure

Attachments

• trades.jpg
    trades.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
One question grey1 should I and others avoid VWAP signals the last 1/2 hours of trading day? :confused:

I seem to have the worst time the last hour or 1/2 hour.

thanks

moreagr said:
One question grey1 should I and others avoid VWAP signals the last 1/2 hours of trading day? :confused:

I seem to have the worst time the last hour or 1/2 hour.

thanks

If you are in a pair trade then no you donot need. If you are in directional trade then use a tight stop loss. The VWAP strategy has been designed for pair trading .

grey1

G1,

Did you trade Cisco? All over the news people were expecting bad numbers on Cisco but it proved otherwise.....

Thx

Grey1 said:
If you are in a pair trade then no you donot need. If you are in directional trade then use a tight stop loss. The VWAP strategy has been designed for pair trading .

grey1

thank you Grey1.... I know you have told me many times to pair trade... but my setup with QT makes monitoring or finding both stocks difficult at least with the configuration i have now.. (Still no excuse) :eek: the main problem is that i have had great success following your rules at least the first 2 vwap bands and the MF MACCi OS levels. I just have to much confidence in the system that i get to heavy into a position.

I just had to much faith in the trade i made yesterday in (BP) and today (CAT) because i thought i have a great trade coming with VWAP bands begin hit and all 3 MACCI OS also 10min and 15 min were OS as well---> this is the main reason why i really loaded up on shares which turned out to be dangerous and costly for me.

what i really need to start doing in an analysis of risk and position sizing before i trade.. and also studying EOD charts as well as intra day setups/

thanks again

Moreagr

gulam said:
G1,

Did you trade Cisco? All over the news people were expecting bad numbers on Cisco but it proved otherwise.....

Thx
No I did not take the CSCO trade because of uncertainty about market direction to day . I think sellers will move in the market to day even if csco is strong it might get pulled dwon by the market. It is 10.30 AM and and all leading indicators are up but I feel this is only a temperory condition and the market sell to day ..

other factors about trading csco is ,, this stock is not volitle and you can get into the trade any time after the market open and still make a few quid but you have to let it run for a longgggg time because as I said this stock has LOW ATR and on the arrival of good news trendsssss slowlyyyyyy. As a full time trader of US stocks you have to get to know your babies and their characters.

Grey1

Hi Grey1,
I wondered if you could comment on the trade I took today and whether what I observed has any bearing or is just a load of codswollop :cheesy: .

I had an OS signal on both the $INDU and CTXS today (attachment CTXS 1) so atempted a long trade on CTXS. It had touched the lower MPD line so seemed like a good entry. $INDU was up on the day but trending down. After I took the trade it went against me and I ended up taking a stop just about where it then turned. (always seems to happen). At this point CTXS had closed outside of lower MPD band and had traded back inside. I seem to recall that this was something you look for in one of your old VWAP threads. This would have been a perfect entry for this trade with the stock trading back up to VWAP. (attachment CTXS 2) The third attachment shows $INDU at the time of entry. It didn't look back after this point.
Was this viable reasoning for this trade, albeit slightly too early, or should it never have been taken.
Any comments gratefully received.

Regards MarkB

Attachments

• CTXS 1.PNG
    CTXS 1.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 44
  • CTXS 2.PNG
    CTXS 2.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 35
  • $INDU.PNG
    $INDU.PNG
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
MarkB said:
Hi Grey1,
I wondered if you could comment on the trade I took today and whether what I observed has any bearing or is just a load of codswollop :cheesy: .

I had an OS signal on both the $INDU and CTXS today (attachment CTXS 1) so atempted a long trade on CTXS. It had touched the lower MPD line so seemed like a good entry. $INDU was up on the day but trending down. After I took the trade it went against me and I ended up taking a stop just about where it then turned. (always seems to happen). At this point CTXS had closed outside of lower MPD band and had traded back inside. I seem to recall that this was something you look for in one of your old VWAP threads. This would have been a perfect entry for this trade with the stock trading back up to VWAP. (attachment CTXS 2) The third attachment shows $INDU at the time of entry. It didn't look back after this point.
Was this viable reasoning for this trade, albeit slightly too early, or should it never have been taken.
Any comments gratefully received.

Regards MarkB
Mark,

I'm sure G1 will assist you but if you look back through his posts you will, I think, find the following that may answer your questions:
1. MPD bands are risk bands not trading bands unless you are pair trading.
2. The exhaustion engine is an assistance in judging the time to exit or NOT to enter. It is not an entry signal.

HTH

Grey1 said:
It is 10.30 AM and and all leading indicators are up but I feel this is only a temperory condition and the market sell to day ..

Market sold off a nice rally

Grey1 said:
other factors about trading csco is ,, this stock is not volitle and you can get into the trade any time after the market open and still make a few quid but you have to let it run for a longgggg time because as I said this stock has LOW ATR and on the arrival of good news trendsssss slowlyyyyyy. As a full time trader of US stocks you have to get to know your babies and their characters.

Grey1
CSCO trended nicely and slowly all day .

I have also received an email from one of the gents who is using my VWAP engine to say that he is up 50% using the engine.

I also received a PM from some one else to say that he is already up 1500 $ using the strategy 3.........TWO GOOD NEWS.......

As I mentioned earlier I knew the market would sell off a big rally . I am afraid this is unusual and as far as TA is concerned it is very unusual for this to happen. I would consider days like this to be very very difficult for an averge trader to kick ass and needs experience.

I am up $ 1282 but it was not full time trading to day as i needed to entertain my guests and trade in between .

Attachments

• 1282.jpg
    1282.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 21
Grey1 said:
Market sold off a nice rally

CSCO trended nicely and slowly all day .

I have also received an email from one of the gents who is using my VWAP engine to say that he is up 50% using the engine.

I also received a PM from some one else to say that he is already up 1500 $ using the strategy 3.........TWO GOOD NEWS.......

As I mentioned earlier I knew the market would sell off a big rally . I am afraid this is unusual and as far as TA is concerned it is very unusual for this to happen. I would consider days like this to be very very difficult for an averge trader to kick ass and needs experience.

I am up $ 1282 but it was not full time trading to day as i needed to entertain my guests and trade in between .
opppss tradessssss

Attachments

• tradeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    tradeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    952.3 KB · Views: 29