Best Thread US day traders thread.

kolbig89 said:
You can look over the top Stocks of the past few years, and check into the top ones of today. One thing's for sure trying to predict which ones will be in the top tomorrow is a fools errand. That's why you want this, they know their research and have experience behind them see for yourself at....http://galeon.com/panna346/

Oh Goody. An advert. Just what this thread needs.............

Gadgetman said:
Oh Goody. An advert. Just what this thread needs.............

Welcome back to part 2!

Lovely stuff to be had on HANS. Bit too rough for my stomach lol. (And a bit dearer than those in the advert!)

Attachments

• HANS 06.01.13.png
    HANS 06.01.13.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Gadgetman said:
Some nice after hours movement on RMBS last night, breaking through 34, highest it's been since Jan/Feb 04 when it peaked at 36.56. Earnings due 19th Jan.

Been upgraded by a few analysts this week too. Check out the daily chart and look at the movement this week - up from $16.19 since 30th December!

Will be on my watchlist today........

Well it didn't do anything very spectacular, some decent moves: Then look what happened at 20:36!
Went from open 32.56 to a high of 34.42, a move of $1.82 in 7 minutes!
I wouldn't mind but I was in contact with PitBull and alerted him. He dived in a made a profit, I sat and watched..... :)

Attachments

• rmbs.jpg
    rmbs.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 242
New to this

Hello all,

Just joined this site today. I am a beginner in all respects, but hope to learn from all the advice and posts here. I read mention of Naz and Mr. Charts. What are the web sites and what are the reccomendations between the two? Thanks for all the input.

Scott

jake6212 said:
Hello all,

Just joined this site today. I am a beginner in all respects, but hope to learn from all the advice and posts here. I read mention of Naz and Mr. Charts. What are the web sites and what are the reccomendations between the two? Thanks for all the input.

Scott
Hi Scott. Welcome!
Check them out on this thread - Naz=Alan Rich and Mr. Charts=Richard Joynson.
http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/people/trainers/

Notice your location is Connecticut - these guys are UK based but I know at least one does some form of remote training too.

Well it didn't do anything very spectacular, some decent moves: Then look what happened at 20:36!
Went from open 32.56 to a high of 34.42, a move of $1.82 in 7 minutes!
I wouldn't mind but I was in contact with PitBull and alerted him. He dived in a made a profit, I sat and watched.....

Was this hesitation on your part or deliberate ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Was this hesitation on your part or deliberate ?

Paul
I thought someone would ask.......:)

To be honest, a bit of both. For some weird reason my TradeStation order bar keeps defaulting to Limit order, even though the defaults are set to market: So when I initially clicked on Buy I waited and waited but the order wasn't filled.

Obviously at that time I had no idea how far the stock was going to move and thought I'd missed the run. Pitbull got out of the trade and I thought if he's out, I'm not going in!

More experience and I'll probably be able to make more rational decisions about this type of trade but, at the moment, it was all going too quickly for me, I still need more time to think things through.

Call it "deliberate hesitation" maybe........:)

Last edited:
thank you for the replies and welcomes and help partucularly gadgetman
i have enabled email contact as i understand private messaging is subject to uncontrolled abuse and i won't use it
i got a private message from someone "on parole"
what does that mean?
i think there is stuff happening like on the 2005 awards message thread about others than mr charts leaving i'm not sure about
i'll hang fire before i post again and ask mr charts what is going down
thank you

mountainman said:
what does that mean?
i think there is stuff happening like on the 2005 awards message thread about others than mr charts leaving i'm not sure about
thank you

Hi mountainman,
Someone 'on parole' is a one time banned member who has been re-admitted. To my knowledge, TheBramble is the the only person to receive this distinction!
As for people leaving, for the most part, it is tittle tattle and a distraction from the business of trading. I involve myself with it because I perceive (rightly or wrongly) important members who have helped me enormously, being driven away. If I believe that their departure is due to the rudeness and lack of respect afforded by other members, then I stand up and say so. Let's be honest, of the 45,000+ members of T2W, 99% of them read and contribute to these boards to gain access to those traders they perceive to be consistently successful. If this VERY SMALL group of people leave, there is little point in the rest of us remaining members. Anyway, back to you mountainman; until such time as you feel personally affected by this issue, I would try to ignore it if I were you.
Tim.

Earnings Season

This is what we've all been waiting for. Earnings season kicks off in earnest next week with a raft of major companies reporting, so action is gonna be fast and furious. This is where we take 'em to the cleaners :!:

Details below:

Companies reporting earnings the week of Jan 16th - 20st include: Monday: Closed Tuesday: ASO, SCHW, CBSS, FRX, NCC, WFC, DGII, IBM, INTC, PHHM, SBSE, SOV, TER, TSS and YHOO Wednesday: APH, AMR, ASML, CIT, ETH, HBAN, JEF, JPM, LCRY, MEL, PH, PGR, LUB, STT, STI, AMD, ALRT, DOX, AAPL, CTXS, EBAY, ISSX, KMI, KMP, QLGC, STX, WM, and WSTL Thursday: AVCT, BBT, BZH, CMA, CCBL, DHI, EXAR, FCS, HDI, IGT, NITE, MMR, MER, FLSH, NT, NCS, PFE, PNC, PPF, SLM, UNP, UNH, WB, ACS, CLDN, CREE, FFIV, FSL, HLIT, HYSL, MIPS, MOT, RMBS, SFA, SUPX, and SYNA Friday: AT, ACO, C, GE, KEY, NTY, BPOP, RF, SLB, WL, and AZN

According to the guy from Briefing.com, the first week of the earnings season can be cautious until an overal picture emerges. Trade what we see.. thats all we can do.

Cigar said:
According to the guy from Briefing.com, the first week of the earnings season can be cautious until an overal picture emerges. Trade what we see.. thats all we can do.
And keep in mind that there are some economic announcements on Tuesday too - inflation and production data.

Gadgetman said:
I thought someone would ask.......:)

To be honest, a bit of both. For some weird reason my TradeStation order bar keeps defaulting to Limit order, even though the defaults are set to market: So when I initially clicked on Buy I waited and waited but the order wasn't filled.

Obviously at that time I had no idea how far the stock was going to move and thought I'd missed the run. Pitbull got out of the trade and I thought if he's out, I'm not going in!

More experience and I'll probably be able to make more rational decisions about this type of trade but, at the moment, it was all going too quickly for me, I still need more time to think things through.

Call it "deliberate hesitation" maybe........:)

I think this may highlight one of the many many reasons why trading is so "enthralling" :rolleyes: ,
We are all wired differently (we are also at different stages of our own trading development, which I believe is only a secondary factor) and consequently what appears to be a fantastic winning edge (or opportunity) for one trader may fail miserably for another.

One or two things I do know for sure is:
1) The Nasdaq is closed today and
2)Martin Luther King Jr was an exceptional person. :idea:

PitBull said:
I don't trade for a living at the moment as have no need to, Lee

Hi Lee
Just a passing observation really (FWIW) (Knowing you I'm sure you have got it covered anyway)

Be careful when the moment arrives because the change of emphasis can easily distort a traders viewpoint.

Good question Samtron

This has been playing on my mind for a while now. Solely trading for a living would add a new dimension to my psychological make-up as I would have the added pressure of having to make money in order to the pay the bills. This is what is called “trading scared”. Whereas trading part time at present alleviates this pressure and gives me my edge of having no fear, from, losing money, missing out or leaving money on the table. Consequently, my trading style is very relaxed and I feel I no stress. You could call this “trading in the zone” or “trading nirvana”. Trading becomes effortless, like pulling the handle of a slot machine. As Mark Douglas would say. Therefore I want to keep it this way for as long as possible.

I would however class myself as fulltime, as most days I trade the open and closing sessions. The only difference is the environment I trade in.

I think once I have built up 6months living expenses then I would seriously consider trading from home full time. The other factor stopping me is my present job. I am currently locked into a contract until 2007 and if I left I would not receive my redundancy. This is something I am counting on in order to set me up for life or to spend on a trading office!! The latter being more likely.

So, I feel I have the best of both worlds really, and that is two incomes and the trading income is rapidly overtaking my proper job income.

mountainman said:
thank you for the replies and welcomes and help partucularly gadgetman
i have enabled email contact as i understand private messaging is subject to uncontrolled abuse and i won't use it
what does that mean?
thank you

"on parole" means that a member has transgressed in the past and has served a time of expulsion from T2W, and has offered to "do better" and has been allowed to return. They have full priveledges of posting, PM'ing etc. The 'on parole' status is simply to remind everyone that the returning member is expected to meet the letter and spirit of the forum rules.

We do not moderate private messages the way we do the forums. You may turn it off if you wish. It is not 'subject to uncontrolled abuse.' If you receive an abusive PM, you simply forward it to a mod, and we will warn or ban the user who sent it - depending on the user's history and and the level of hostility contained in the pm. Some members who strongly disagree with your public statements, may PM you, rather than disrupt an ongoing thread. Others will just dive right in with a public discussion. In either case, members are to be civil, and to avoid name calling and such.

Here are the terms and conditions of membership, in case anyone is interested.
http://www.trade2win.com/info/terms.php

Just to summarize, "You are an idiot" "How long have you been under that rock?" "doesn't your hand get cramped from holding such a small crayon?" "Here comes dopey and mopey" are abusive.
"Your idea is idiotic" "What rock did you turn over to find that piece of mold?" are not. The second two statements are a challenge to your 'idea', rather than a challenge to your person. People who post on public discussion boards basically agree to have their ideas challenged. Hopefully the disagreement takes the form of, " I have never found that to be true, here is an example that proves otherwise..." Occasionally an idea is put forth that is so spurious that several members will leap at once to perform the "negative feedback loop utility" in a strong effort to set things right.

If you feel any communication is abusive, public or private, -just report it. We mods don't promise we will always agree with the reporter, but we do promise to look into it.

Thanks for asking,
JO

Choppy but still good movers

A few nice trades today.

One thanks to Samtron on RIMM for a quick collapse.
An all day run on BCRX, getting out before sell off
and a breakout on SNDK @ 71, with me and Gadgetman riding this to 72

had a couple of losses on RMBS, so overall a very good day indeed.

Some charts attached.

BTW. Just looked at INTC, IBM and YHOO results. Not great as missed earnings forecasts. YHOO trading down $4.5 and GOOG is down in sympathy. So tomorrow looks like we're gonna be in for a hell of a day! :cool:

Attachments

• BCRX170106.gif
    BCRX170106.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 273
  • RIMM170106.gif
    RIMM170106.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 242
  • SNDK170106.gif
    SNDK170106.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited: