Active day and swing traders

This chart (FTSE 100 Monthly for last Decade) provides a big clue for me as to what's happening on a macro level. It is a case of wait and see- trade what you see and not what you think!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Decade Monthly.JPG
    FTSE 100 Decade Monthly.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 197
Morning all,
Well Sunday morning and I am here, a rare event!
I can fully understand Silvia and the rest of us, it is wise to stay out when the market is in its Autumn turmoil.
Daytrading has been good the last week, signals spot on and points to be made if you have the nerves for it! I dont post my trades here as I feel it is off subject.
On a longer term (days as opposed to intraday) the picture is far from clear and I have no open positions and have not had for a couple of weeks.

I personally feel that the last two months of the year will be back to a good bull run, but that is "feeling" and not technical. I shall be trading what the charts tell me.

Back to the fray on Monday but am out on other business most of the week so I will not be trading to much.

Good trading to all .

Dave

I thought that I would like to edit my post in saying that it is a very nice looking chart. The head and shoulders is so clear! If we can get such a signal in the coming months then the trend, if it reverses, could last for years.

The trouble is, what I wrote before got erased. Never mind, in essence I said that the chart needed a few more bars before the existing uptrend was broken and, since it is a monthly chart, that could take several months to develope.

Split

Last edited:
Morning all,
Entered long:
III @ 743 stop 720,
SHP @ 658 stop 632
Both have fallen sharply over the last few sessions and have now popped back into the longer term trading range, MACD starting to turn.
Both on half stake. I see both as longer term (a couple of weeks) play hence the half stake and slack stops.

Good trading,
Dave

bracke said:
Silvia

Is you indecision due to lack of a trading set-up?

Be honest and ask yourself how do you decide when to enter a trade. Do you trade on a whim, ad hoc, a feeling, an opinion, a viewpoint or do you have a set of rules written down that you have tested and know the probability of success/failure that they give. And do you stick to the rules only modifying them in the light of analysis and probability?

Regards

bracke

Hi everyone!

Brake: yes, I do have a set of rules that I check for each trade before getting in. I do trade on an opinion: mine ;) . I tried to explain my indecision in my previous post, may be I wasn't very clear. I don't know where the market is heading and I'm a swing trader, I don't daytrade at the mo, so I'm aiming to keep a position open for days-weeks-months depending on the setup.

Like very much the chart analysis by jimmy and jon, very interesting.Tricky times?

Dave, SHP doesn't look bad in my chart (see attachment. The last bar is just noise. The blue trend line extends to march '03.)

blackmamba said:
am annoyed at my self for not taking emg profits earlier

blackmamba: Our trading style has so much in common!!! :LOL:

Ok, I'm going to go through the FTSE350 yet once again.

Good trading!!!

Silvia.

Attachments

• SHP.PNG
    SHP.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 183
mornin' all

still on the sidelines. moving to 1hour this week just to satisfy my itchy fingers (yeah, i know - small positions only tho' :) ). two possibles in view - glh short and sab long best i've got to offer at the moment.

good trading

jon

hello everyone,

long MONI @ 348 just closed at 360

long CPG @ 177.25

good trading to everyone.

edit - just closed CPG @ 184.25

Last edited:
'morning all,

Likely to be a quiet week for me. I'm on hols at the end of the week, so can't really start any longer term trades. Continuing to tinker with intraday stuff - won't go into details. Also waiting to see how market sentiment develops. Hoping (and expecting) it'll be clearer by the time I get back.

Good trading,

Mark

I work on the principle that I'm probably going to be wrong in any case. Therefore, I put stops pretty close, but I try to open when the price goes towards where I think the stops should be and I try to get to within 1%.

At least, that's what I'm working on, right now. :) I think that it's best to be stopped out and get in again, rather than too far away, although I do have a problem with the first hour's trading, when the spreads can be wide. If I am close but think the share is OK, I remove the stop for a bit, or switch to a market stop, but I realise that the former could be a dangerous play.

Split

B/O AUN 758.7 on order. A bit disappointed with this one because I tried a market order at 754, so the bias caught me for 4.7 points. I was expecting a bit closer.

Split

hello ,

trades so far

Long MONI @ 343 closed @ 363
Short WTB @ 942 closed @ 927
Short PO @ 309 still open stop @ 308

other trades i'm considering are short CPR and BP, but CPR has too wide a spread, as for BP would like to see it a bit higher before i attempt to short.

good trading to everyone.

I'm an active day trader,thought you might like to see my first trades from yesterday.I know its not the UK market but its still day trading.

Long BIDU +255 points
Long GOOG +84 points
Long BMHC +80 points
Long LCAV +6 points

Total 425 points

I attach screen shots from the web site of the live times at which i executed the trades.

Alan

Attachments

• bbbb.png
    bbbb.png
    5 KB · Views: 192
  • comment1.gif
    comment1.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 179
  • comment2.png
    comment2.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
nice ones, naz, as usual

i'm current long sab and short barc

good trading

jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info on your trades.I've got to list all my day trades now live, on a new web site.

At least i have the help of a new intra day scanner that is giving live calls at the same time i'm commenting.There's another trader doing the same for Forex and another for UK swing trading.Should be released to everyone in about 4 weeks.No doubt T2W will advertise it.

All the best.

Alan