Trading the US the Naz/Mr. Charts Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

Salty; You are correct, the price on the 1 min charts was a bit above the MA and susceptible to a pull-back but I was flipping between 1,2 and 5 min charts - and seeing the MA's were turning up in all time frames - as well as looking at time and sales to get a feel for the trade, things were hotting up so I got in a bit early, or late depending on your viewpoint.

Importantly though, I knew Rimm can turn quick so I had the stop in my mind at the 71.00 level so I felt comfy with the trade.

SOC; You are correct, I entered the trade because I saw that the price was indeed going up, but as I have not yet mastered the pin-point laser guided entry and exits of the more experienced traders on T2W I'll just have to make do with my catapult for the time being ;)

Bramble; You are correct, there was a very good opportunity at about 4:00pm to collect a leg of lamb on the trade instead of the chicken nuggets I picked up earlier.

Regards all.

Thanks for sharing that trade with us boy.

Chicken nuggets taste pretty ok to me.

B*****ks to Jamie Oliver and his ilk. :LOL:

boy said:
Bramble; You are correct, there was a very good opportunity at about 4:00pm to collect a leg of lamb on the trade instead of the chicken nuggets I picked up earlier.
I hope that wasn't how my post came across. :eek:

I was merely enlarging on Socco's evaluation of the 'apparent' Resistance level as it was successfully breached later that session.

could someone please tell me how the oca order work in ib.
assume i have share x @ 80
i want to put in a order to sell it at 81 or 79, then to cancel the other. ive forgotten how to do it

The moves came on the number one on the list, KOSP
On the charts I took within seconds of executing the trades:

Short 48.60
Covered 48.01

and the next trade
Bought 47.64
Sold 48.80

The actual fills were slightly different as price was moving rapidly. They produced profits of 54c/share on the first trade
and $1.13/share on the second.

Both trades finished within a quarter hour of market open.

This type of trading is not for beginners. You need an understanding of what is actually going on in the market, what its patterns of behaviour are, including the ability to see on what I call micro-analysis, where the real immediate support and resistance lie. As price moves around, knowing where they are enables you to hold a position with confidence, even if it briefly moves against you.
These levels often cannot be seen on a chart. They come with knowledge and experience of level 2, time and sales, bid/sell pressures, behaviour of market participants.
Richard

Attachments

• KOSPshort.GIF
    KOSPshort.GIF
    8.6 KB · Views: 318
  • KOSPcovered.GIF
    KOSPcovered.GIF
    11.1 KB · Views: 335
  • KOSPlong.GIF
    KOSPlong.GIF
    9.2 KB · Views: 297
  • KOSPsold.GIF
    KOSPsold.GIF
    8.4 KB · Views: 315
Great trades Richard, well done!

I did keep my eye out for these as you mentioned, but rather expected you would explain what it was we were all to be looking for...

Even in your analysis of the trades though, there wasn't much of an indication of what and how you found your setups and executed your entry and exits.

Is this thread only for those who have taken 1-2-1 tuition from you and if not, what is it for?

(Over to you Salty...)

No Salty. I was merely alluding to the fact that the probability of any of my posts on this thread not being immediately followed by one from you is so statistically unlikely as to be highly non-random. :LOL:

Bramble,

Nothing wrong with keeping confidential that for which people have paid large amounts of hard dosh.

If the methodology were revealed to all and sundry on an open site I imagine those who have coughed up that hard cash would feel, with justification, pretty aggrieved.

The question "what is [the thread] for" is a different matter - best left for its good readers to figure out for themselves I think.

LII

LevII said:
Bramble,

Nothing wrong with keeping confidential that for which people have paid large amounts of hard dosh.

If the methodology were revealed to all and sundry on an open site I imagine those who have coughed up that hard cash would feel, with justification, pretty aggrieved.

The question "what is [the thread] for" is a different matter - best left for its good readers to figure out for themselves I think.

LII
Additionally, it is a curious anomaly, but even when a methodology is laid out in ascending rafts of detailed explanation with questions and answers, notes, alternatives explored and so on, and then participants are asked if they understand everything and for them to explain in detail what they have just been taught, you would think it is reasonable to assume that it is understood, and most importantly where everything is presented in logical sequence and all of it fits together. This is not the case.

What happens is that each individual subconsciously refuses to accept because they already have an ingrained frame of reference that stubbornly refuses to go away. This is as a consequence of their own life experiences that they insist on trying to graft on in a sly attempt not to have to change themselves and the way they think and behave. What happens next is that if the situation is left unchecked, the original ingrained frame of reference takes over and fudges all the effort, turning the whole concept into something completely different to the original.

If these individuals now go on to reveal what they have learnt, what they are able to repeat is a complete Tower of Babel, such that it becomes of very limited use to anyone else, because the underlying detail of structure has been tampered with as a consequence of being contaminated negatively with an ingrained frame of reference as I have mentioned before. Therefore there are very few sufficiently brave or committed or open minded or impartial or untainted able to accept the entire concept and maintain it uncontaminated.

As part of this process requires deep introspection and solitude and isolation, this is another difficulty that naturally sociable people are apt to experience. So all these requirements are diametrically opposed to what is the natural propensity for people to do when confronted with an agenda that conflicts with their naturally ingrained frame of reference.

All of these things are against them being able to pass on the knowledge correctly.

Another fact is that the most important aspect of this kind of knowledge is for the individual to have a series of realisations, as these realisations are only relevant to the individual who has them it is impossible for the individual to pass on these intangible concepts specifially relevant to him onto others for whom another set and subset of realisations would enhance their understanding.

So we end up with two situations :~

1. The message becomes garbled at the end.

2. The message in its garbled state is unusable to a third party as it is already contaminated by the second party's ingrained frame of reference, and is further tainted by the third party's ingrained frame of reference. So the further it is repeated and passed on the more useless and ineffective it becomes.

In the world of military, naval and civil intelligence it is well known that the best way to hide a secret is to flaunt it. I have seen on this website truly priceless information totally disregarded, like real diamonds strewn about but persistently being mistaken for pebbles.

And that is my observation, as a consequence of my experience, which is considerable.

It also leads me to the conclusion that the great majority cannot be taught this topic in a way that the recipient can effectively clone and replicate. Therefore in the end analysis, attempts at tuition are pointless except in very unusual and exceptional cases.

It also leads me to wonder whether traders are born, and not made.

Kind Regards As Usual.

LevII said:
Bramble,

Am in total agreement and wouldn't expect it any other way. Had I coughed up 'hard cash' I'd be a little peeved to see it freely given. But...

LevII said:
...this was exactly the question I am asking.

I suppose some could glean 'something' from it, but how would we be sure it's the 'right' thing.

Richard could, quite inadvertently, be sending more than a few off down a totally wrong track.

There are enough grey areas and non-specificities in trading already without accidentally introducing others. Don't you think?

TheBramble said:
I suppose some could glean 'something' from it, but how would we be sure it's the 'right' thing.

Richard could, quite inadvertently, be sending more than a few off down a totally wrong track.

There are enough grey areas and non-specificities in trading already without accidentally introducing others. Don't you think?
This is an example of the kind of thinking that I describe in my post above, disregarding the individual or even his circumstances. The ingrained frame of reference of the individual elucidates an automatic response that succeeds in fudging the issue. What comes out of the pipe is totally different to what was put in at the other end, and furthermore, is invisible and intangible. This makes it very difficult as one cannot crack someone's head open to look inside to see if all thought processes are in order, and to audit as to whether all the original information remains untainted, uncontaminated.

The bias in ordinary individuals to readjust the information according to their own frame of reference (which for the purposes of trading and coming to terms with what the market delivers and presents for consideration, whether in the form of continuity or in the form of unexpected information shocks or contradictions or inadvertencies or otherwise is invairably unsuitable ) and therefore the propensity for distorting it out of recognition is so strong, it is a huge force to be reckoned with.

It is only the individual himself who is able to neutralise this force and become open minded and available to new knowledge. What is more, the individual now has the task of being custodian to this knowledge without succumbing to the bias of overlaying it or reaarranging it according to his own perceptual bias and his own ingrained frame of reference. It does not sound like a lot, but it is a huge mission and impossible for the great majority of people.

There are a few individuals however who for some reason are able to overcome these difficulties and are able to be open minded, impartial, and available and furthermore are able to maintain the information and preserve the original concepts in an uncontaminated state.

As this faculty cannot be taught it seems to me, it leads me to the conclusion that certain people are born with certain attributes. Hence my wonderment as to whether traders are born and not made. Hence my strong reluctance to try to teach anybody anymore, or to mentor anyone.

Addendum:~

I forgot to mention this when I first made this post and the one previous to it, and it is that
all of this is absolutely guaranteed to go over everybodys' heads. This is further proof to confirm that any fears about releasing what is truly confidential, sensitive, valuable and important are absolutely unjustified.

KInd Regards.

Last edited:
What happens is that each individual subconsciously refuses to accept because they already have an ingrained frame of reference that stubbornly refuses to go away.

I have come to the point where words "ought, should" set off a flashing sign that says, "BIAS!, BIAS!,BIAS!) And I know what ever I think or say, if it has either of those 2 words associated with it - then that thought or statement is very likely to be divorced from reality.

I haven't yet determined if other people use these words in the same way.
JO

I have come to the point where words "ought, should" set off a flashing sign that says, "BIAS!, BIAS!,BIAS!)

I have come to the point where I have concluded that this thread is being spoilt by bulls**t artists.

Can we just let the experts ( Mr Charts and Naz ) post their trades ( if they would be so kind ) and let other people quietly look at them and glean whatever they can from them ?

I am happy to see trades posted as charts with no narrative explanation. I can then analyse what I see and try to understand the rationale for the trade.

This approach has served me well over the past year or so.

Of course I do understand that lesser mortals than myself do require to be spoon fed and tend to throw the toys out of the pram when they are left to starve.

Less of the bovine fecal matter gentlemen and more of the trades please.

Status
Not open for further replies.