CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System

This is a discussion on CFTR Associates Goldbars Trading System within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Tandy - thanks v.much for your reply. Can I ask if you only use CFTR`s signals to both open AND ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:16pm   #17

Joined Oct 2003
Tandy - thanks v.much for your reply.

Can I ask if you only use CFTR`s signals to both open AND close trades, or do you use trailing stops? Their literature and verbal advice seems to suggest they mainly rely on the former.

I presently use Deal4free spreadbet to trade stocks & indices. On their commodities & currencies the spreads look to a lot wider in relation to their average daily range.

Do you mind telling me whether you use spreadbetters, CFDs or futures to trade commodities? If the latter, do you consider the narrower spreads outweigh the tax disadvantages?
tradertim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 6:27pm   #18
Joined Oct 2001
tradertim (and anyone else who knows the answer)

I would appreciate it if you could kindly say what the website is for CFTR associates ?

Thanks in advance.
peugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 6:37pm   #19

Joined Oct 2003
Peugots - there is no website for CFTR - they communicate new trades (nightly)by e-mail for their SignPost system. Information on their course is sent by post.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 7:27pm   #20

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I use CFTR to get me into the trade and my own jugdement to get me out, the trailing stops are on my own reading of the market and my pain threshold ! Infact by following the market charts and a bit of reading one can start to pre-empt some of CFTRs entry and exit points.
Yes spreads are wider, since they are less traded instruments by UK spread betters.But since your holding period is longer and activity less this is not an issue. Besides by having say 4 SB a\c you can check spreads and more inportantly NTR which varies significantly with each firm and they do not all trade the same markets. But also allows you to deal and watch screen prices when one of them has a computer break down like Finspreads did most of yesterday!
Think thats all the advise I can give , otherwise I might start charging ! But hope you understand this is not for daytrading but as a result having tried both more rewarding and certainly more enjoyable!
Go for it , good luck and enjoy
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 11:38pm   #21
Joined Oct 2001
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me what the contact details for CFTR are?
peugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 11:55pm   #22
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Well I dont know why you would want it but according to Mail on Sunday the email address is:

cftrgoldbars@aol.com

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:49am   #23

Joined Oct 2003
Their e-mail address is actually CFTRGoldBars@aol.com. Alternatively you can ring 0208 742 8000.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:43am   #24
Joined Oct 2001
Hi Tandy,have read with interest your info on CFTRGold Bars and SignPost and agree with you it works, as I have used it . Can you please tell me what level of capital you think is sufficient to trade (spread /bet ) the commodities with this system, I use ATR set at 5 days for part of my stop level, the Finspreads shut down was a real pain last week and the next days offer of a smaller spread on the FTSE/DOW a joke . I do trade (Spread Bet ) the Dow with my own reading and some help from the system, you can see my entry each week in the Dow contest . Best Regards Twiglet (twiggytwo)