is walk forward testing always required?

This is a discussion on is walk forward testing always required? within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; thanks truth and quantt, good stuff. after some more pondering, the walk forward testing could provide information on how 'stable' ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:15pm   #9

6 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
thanks_truth

dvdadie started this thread thanks truth and quantt, good stuff.

after some more pondering, the walk forward testing could provide information on how 'stable' / 'robust' the system is from year to year.
dvdadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:17pm   #10

6 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
first post

dvdadie started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
dvdadie,
You joined in 08, almost 10 yrs ago. And this is your first Post !!
(seems like a newbie type question) What you been up to?
jason - i am pacing myself
dvdadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jason101
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:48am   #11

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdadie View Post
lol

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:33am   #12

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdadie View Post
Don't over do it bud

Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:09am   #13
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Yes live testing is always required to find out THE ENEMY WITHIN

The enemy within come out only on live accounts (not demo )forward testing , it is how a trader handles losing , after feeling the pain and discomfort of being wrong and losing real money.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:50am   #14
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
The enemy within come out only on live accounts (not demo )forward testing
So the alien creature inside you only bursts out when the scent of real cash is detected ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:53am   #15
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
So the alien creature inside you only bursts out when the scent of real cash is detected ?
yup

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:02pm   #16
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
yup
You are obsessed with money. This suggests, you are not as big a winner as you pretend to be. Here, that's my psycho-analysis at work. But I don't use it in trading because it's irrelevant. Trading is about economics: if there is value, take. If they take your value, defend.

I think you are having trouble accepting your losses are caused by your own mistakes or by the action of your counterparty. So you assign the blame to an arbitrary 'entity'. Until you find the true source of your loss, you are not going to make it.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote