HDD for VPS to trade Latency Arbitrage

This is a discussion on HDD for VPS to trade Latency Arbitrage within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; How important is a type of HDD for VPS to trade Latency Arbitrage? SSD vs HDD, what's the difference?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 24, 2017, 3:12pm   #1

9 Posts
Joined May 2017
HDD for VPS to trade Latency Arbitrage

How important is a type of HDD for VPS to trade Latency Arbitrage? SSD vs HDD, what's the difference?
JULIAFISCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2017, 6:41am   #2

Joined May 2014
I think you'll find the answer here...
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threa...itrage.309773/
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2017, 2:32pm   #3

9 Posts
Joined May 2017
JULIAFISCHER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post
I think you'll find the answer here...
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threa...itrage.309773/
I want to hear different opinions
Also what about cpu?
JULIAFISCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:21pm   #4

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIAFISCHER View Post
I want to hear different opinions
Also what about cpu?
For the average single trader like you and me trading algos with 6-7-8 digit accounts it doesn't matter, you simply cannot compete with the high frequency shops hosting next to the stock exchange and having 100s of millions in infrastructure - for you the weak link is always going to be your network connection speed...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote