Day Trade Fun

This is a discussion on Day Trade Fun within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Does anyone know aynthing about Jay Ratliff and daytradefun.com? He runs a 12 month daytrading training program that runs about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:51pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Day Trade Fun

Does anyone know aynthing about Jay Ratliff and daytradefun.com? He runs a 12 month daytrading training program that runs about $30,000. Just curious if anyone has heard of it or knows about his program.
newtrader0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:59pm   #2

Joined Nov 2001
Cool Re: Day Trade Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtrader0069 View Post
Does anyone know aynthing about Jay Ratliff and daytradefun.com? He runs a 12 month daytrading training program that runs about $30,000. Just curious if anyone has heard of it or knows about his program.
wow- $33000 -thats cheap- should recoup that in six weeks ?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:57pm   #3

Joined Jan 2004
Re: Day Trade Fun

Cheap website,guess he only needs 1 taker a year to be ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:57pm   #4

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
wow- $33000 -thats cheap- should recoup that in six weeks ?
day trading nah, done had that in my first few days innit
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:22pm   #5

Joined Jun 2011

I guess the one who has the most fun is Jay himself when you sign up
BataviaTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:11am   #6
DDR

Joined Mar 2009
Re: Day Trade or any time frame free tip

Investing that kind of money just doesn't sound right ... Trading needs to be a totally simplified process in order to make sense of it as there can be so much information to process.
When you think about it all you want to do is what the masses are doing. Either going long or going short, or if your not comfortable with charts analysis stay out.
"This system works on all time frames"
example 5 min chart
Open a 5 min chart put a moving average on it MA70. When price action crosses it up or down enter your trade with a stop loss. PS: YOU CANNOT HESITATE. Also this system requires you to wait and not waiting can kill most traders.
When it crosses in the opposite direction close trade.
Over 5 years I have come to use this after trying millions of ways (it seems that way anyway). but really think about this method ... simple is best. Keeping your pshyci healthy is a very important thing, this method removes most of the emotion. Hey If I come across as an over simplified know it all ... shoot me but I hope this could help some one out there. You don't need to spend 000's
DDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:21pm   #7
Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR View Post
Investing that kind of money just doesn't sound right ... Trading needs to be a totally simplified process in order to make sense of it as there can be so much information to process.
When you think about it all you want to do is what the masses are doing. Either going long or going short, or if your not comfortable with charts analysis stay out.
"This system works on all time frames"
example 5 min chart
Open a 5 min chart put a moving average on it MA70. When price action crosses it up or down enter your trade with a stop loss. PS: YOU CANNOT HESITATE. Also this system requires you to wait and not waiting can kill most traders.
When it crosses in the opposite direction close trade.
Over 5 years I have come to use this after trying millions of ways (it seems that way anyway). but really think about this method ... simple is best. Keeping your pshyci healthy is a very important thing, this method removes most of the emotion. Hey If I come across as an over simplified know it all ... shoot me but I hope this could help some one out there. You don't need to spend 000's
You will probably notice a large number of consecutive losses when markets are choppy with a long-term moving average on a 5-minute chart.
hacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:09pm   #8
DDR

Joined Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacks View Post
You will probably notice a large number of consecutive losses when markets are choppy with a long-term moving average on a 5-minute chart.
hacks this is true in choppy markets, but what system work's in a choppy market.

If you adjust your gain limits tighter you can still use this but once again staying out of chop is best.
The reason this sytem works for me was before I was deliberating and waiting for confirmation trying to read indicators which cold be read 2 ways thus missing good moves.
Time over time backtesting this way has shown it's better than what I use to do.
DDR is offline   Reply With Quote