Basic question on metatrader usage

This is a discussion on Basic question on metatrader usage within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; hi all, I have been using amibroker for years now, for my stocks analysis. Got into forex and was trying ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2010, 3:29pm   #1

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Basic question on metatrader usage

hi all,

I have been using amibroker for years now, for my stocks analysis. Got into forex and was trying to make some custom indicators, explorations, scans.

My questions are where can I find commands for making mq4 files? also are scripts same as explorations, scans in amibroker? My questions wud indicate how new I am to metatrader. So, plz reply keeping that in mind.

thanks
D_A_
devils-advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 4:52pm   #2
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Basic question on metatrader usage

From MetaTrader click on the Tools menu and then 'MetaQuotes Language Editor'. This will open the tool from where you can create and test your MQL4 files.

The Help menu will give you information on creating expert advisors and custom indicators.

At the bottom of the app is the 'Toolbox' which contains reference material for the MQL4 programming language. If it isn't visible you can turn it on by going to the View menu and pressing Toolbox.

On the first page of the Toolbox is a link to download a free MQL4 book (in .chm fomat) which is very good reading.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:57pm   #3

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Re: Basic question on metatrader usage

devils-advocate started this thread thx wibble1234 for help. I wud try it now.

D_A_
devils-advocate is offline   Reply With Quote