Software for identifying trades based on a custom risk-reward/risk capital

This is a discussion on Software for identifying trades based on a custom risk-reward/risk capital within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by intradaybill The idea is to have 4 bar patterns with a larger profit target and 3 bar ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:01pm   #15

Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by intradaybill View Post
The idea is to have 4 bar patterns with a larger profit target and 3 bar patterns with a smaller profit target. In essence, the R:R of the 3 bar formations is to lie in the profit target envelope of the 4 bars R:R.

This strategy has a lot of potential when properly applied.
I agree this strategy may have potential. I just ordered the custom version upgrade.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ron
ronblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:02pm   #16
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronblack View Post
I agree this strategy may have potential. I just ordered the custom version upgrade. Ron
Hello Ron,

Did you finally get a custom version? The strategy I outlined seems to work very well in FX and futures trading. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.
intradaybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:57am   #17

Joined Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronblack View Post
I agree this strategy may have potential. I just ordered the custom version upgrade.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ron
Hello guys, I can't locate a custom version link on their website. Is this what you're talking about?

APS Automatic Pattern Search - Multiple CPU Running

Thanks
trader3cnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:23am   #18

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader3cnd View Post
Hello guys, I can't locate a custom version link on their website. Is this what you're talking about?

APS Automatic Pattern Search - Multiple CPU Running

Thanks
The discussion was about custom versions of APS that find patterns with a specific number of bars in their formation. I don't think there is a link for that but the company will provide the custom version if you ask for it.

As far as the multiple CPU custom version. I have plans to order one for a quad machine soon.

Alex
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:40pm   #19

Joined Mar 2008
Thanks Alex
trader3cnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:39pm   #20
Joined Jan 2008
I have some news guys: Just got a dual-core custom APS version. I can now run 2 instances of the program , each searching for different patterns and this has cut the execution time in half. Since I will be upgrading to a quad-core machine soon, I will add 2 more instances to get the searching time down by a factor of 4.

I think with a quad-core and 4 instances of the program I can have a real-time pattern search soon.

Please let me know if anyone has tried this already. Maybe I should post this question in the other APS thread.
intradaybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 12:41pm   #21
Joined Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by intradaybill View Post
I think with a quad-core and 4 instances of the program I can have a real-time pattern search soon.
Is it worth spending the money to get 4 licenses? I mean, did you make any money with this program to justify the expense?

I think the concept is intriguing and I suspect this company does not have many customers beause I haven't see any ads in trading magazines, so if this program works that is good, the less people using it the better it is.
jimbotrader is offline   Reply With Quote