Software for identifying trades based on a custom risk-reward/risk capital

This is a discussion on Software for identifying trades based on a custom risk-reward/risk capital within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by intradaybill I think with a quad-core and 4 instances of the program I can have a real-time ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2009, 1:41pm   #21
Joined Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by intradaybill View Post
I think with a quad-core and 4 instances of the program I can have a real-time pattern search soon.
Is it worth spending the money to get 4 licenses? I mean, did you make any money with this program to justify the expense?

I think the concept is intriguing and I suspect this company does not have many customers beause I haven't see any ads in trading magazines, so if this program works that is good, the less people using it the better it is.
jimbotrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:21pm   #22
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbotrader View Post
Is it worth spending the money to get 4 licenses? I mean, did you make any money with this program to justify the expense?

I think the concept is intriguing and I suspect this company does not have many customers beause I haven't see any ads in trading magazines, so if this program works that is good, the less people using it the better it is.
You should read Michael Harris books (specially his last one) to understand the motivation behind the APS software.
Michael Harris also runs a fund management of some kind, I think, and an advisory consultancy for instutional clients, I believe.
I never saw APS advertised anywhere else but in his books; that, at least, is how I purchased my copy: by contacting the address in one of his books.
Also, he has written several articles for a variety of trading publications - they are shown on his website.
I do agree, the less people use it, the better - purely selfish, you understand!

Eduardo.
ZEPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:33pm   #23
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEPPO View Post
You should read Michael Harris books (specially his last one) ...Also, he has written several articles for a variety of trading publications - they are shown on his website. Eduardo.
His last book Profitability and Systematic Trading is a must read. Down to earth analysis based on simple formulas he actually derives, no hype and false hopes for anyone. I liked the chapters on the Profitability Rule and Risk and Money Management. I have some objections about a few minor points made by him in the Zero-sum game chapter. Overall this book is a gem.

I think his concept of Synthesis is brilliant and he is probably the first to develop an automated trading system discovery program. Here is the link for those that do not have the book:

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/synthesis.pdf
intradaybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:15am   #24
Joined May 2005
I have received the following from message from tradingpatterns.com:
"Dear customer:

There have been a number of incidents recently involving attempts by software crackers to obtain a copy of our full functional program. These individuals approached a number of our customers in popular trading forums offering to exchange some other programs for APS. We were notified by two of our customers and the email of one of the crackers was reported as jimbo3675@…com We would like to thank those customers for informing us and we value their help and support.

APS has several levels of protection, including code encryption, a hardware lock with password entry and more importantly each and every customer installation is freshly compiled to include a unique number in several places of the code that identifies the licensee. Even if the program is decrypted and the password scheme is cracked, any copies distributed will still identify the licensee who illegally transferred a copy of the program.

Please note that in the past attempts to crack earlier versions of APS and/or patch the missing code generation in the demo failed. These cracked versions are unlikely to produce correct results and were reported to be highly unstable. More importantly, the crackers may have imbedded spyware in such cracked versions – and in other cracked programs in general – for the purpose of stealing trading passwords and other important information. This is enough of a reason for not installing and running cracked code.

We thank you for your business and support and especially we thank those customers who notified us about these incidents.

Tradingpatterns.com"

Now, jimbotrader, that "jimbo3675@…com" wouldn't be you, would it? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Eduardo.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:33am   #25
Joined Jan 2008
Good detective work Eduardo
Old Feb 21, 2009, 9:42pm   #26
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Good detective work Eduardo
Thanks.

Eduardo.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:03pm   #27
Joined Feb 2009
I hope you can make some money with your detective skills while I'm making a lots of money trading. I decided to purchase a license of APS by the way. I spent $300 for a cracked copy and it does not work properly as it keeps on crashing my computer. The hacker that sold it to me is nowhere to be found. I had to reformat the hard drive and that was a real pain.

Are you guys trading anything? What in particular?
Old May 6, 2009, 9:19am   #28
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbotrader View Post
Are you guys trading anything? What in particular?
Anything that moves with good volume
Old May 18, 2009, 4:51pm   #29
Joined Feb 2009
Quote:
Anything that moves with good volume
How do you know high volume is good volume?

You see 100M shares of an ETF traded. How do you know there are not only 2 or 3 big pockets doing this volume trying to fool you of good liquidity?

Does anyone know the answer to this stupid question?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:24pm   #30
Joined Apr 2010
Re: Software for identifying trades based on a custom risk-reward/risk capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEPPO View Post
If anyone has a used copy of the latest version of this software for sale please send pm.
NIandP is offline   Reply With Quote