Live audio market squawk. who's the best?

This is a discussion on Live audio market squawk. who's the best? within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Any one currently subscribed to an audio news service? which one? whats it like?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 2007, 1:07pm   #1
Joined Jul 2007
Live audio market squawk. who's the best?

Any one currently subscribed to an audio news service?
which one?
whats it like?
Jay.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 1:22pm   #2

Joined Feb 2005
RANsquawk are good

TradeTheNews were pretty good when I trialled them last year.

heard mixed reports on sigma squawk recently, but have never listened to them myself so cannot comment from direct experience.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 1:30pm   #3
Joined Jul 2007
Jay.B started this thread Im currently using sigma now. The man sounds like a pub dj, he really does make me laugh. Is trade the news an american or english person behind the squawk? I think there alot cheaper also sigma charge £250 plus vat a month. I believe there fast but wont really know untill i have someone to compare them with.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 1:33pm   #4
Joined Sep 2004
Used to have a live voice feed from the S+P futures pit once. Was hideously expensive but worth it just to hear the fastest talking guys in the world. Sounded like a commentary from the 3:30 at chepstow. Unreal.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:13pm   #5
Joined Jul 2007
Jay.B started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
Used to have a live voice feed from the S+P futures pit once. Was hideously expensive but worth it just to hear the fastest talking guys in the world. Sounded like a commentary from the 3:30 at chepstow. Unreal.
So did listening to the noise give you any advntage on the market?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:37pm   #6

Joined Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.B View Post
Im currently using sigma now. The man sounds like a pub dj, he really does make me laugh.
lol, yeah, thats sorta what I'd been told - Batesy and his "gewd mawning, gewd mawning laydeez and gentz..." comedy commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.B View Post
Is trade the news an american or english person behind the squawk? I think there alot cheaper also sigma charge £250 plus vat a month. I believe there fast but wont really know untill i have someone to compare them with ..
RAN are a similar sort of cost. TTN was around $200 per month, but what I thought was pretty good about them was that they had multiple channels that you can select some or all of - so if you're only trading fixed income, you dont have to listen to all the stoxx, equities related commentary etc. unless you want to.

I think TTN runs a trial period anyway so check them out if thats the sort of thing you're looking for.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 3:13pm   #7
Joined Jul 2007
Jay.B started this thread lol you aint herd the half of it
this afternoon he said " the american markets is aboout to open ladies nd gents so tighten your seat belts and get ready for the ride" And he changes the pitch of his voice whenhe makes anouncments lol he's well funny