Vantage Point 7.0

This is a discussion on Vantage Point 7.0 within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Can anyone tell me where I can download a trial of vantage point 7.0? Thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:27pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Vantage Point 7.0

Hi Can anyone tell me where I can download a trial of vantage point 7.0?

Thanks
lamonmangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:41pm   #2

Joined Feb 2005
you cant. If they gave away free trials, everyone would see how crap and useless VP really is before they bought it, and their sales would dry up completely.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:00pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
A red flag that came up when I investigated VP was the deluge of not only emails but phone calls to my mobile trying to talk me into buying the system. The guy in the end stopped just short of outright abusing me when I said no. He seemed surprised that I was happy the way I was trading at the moment.
They try to give you some jargon about it being based on "neural networks" of dooverhickies and whatsits (Cant remember what he said) but in reality it's just a couple of moving averages.
Want to do the same? Stick a 5, 20, and 60 EMA on your chart. When 5 and 20 cross, thats an early warning. When they cross the 60 you can enter. Thats just like VP really
RebateFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 1:52pm   #4
Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebateFX View Post
Want to do the same? Stick a 5, 20, and 60 EMA on your chart. When 5 and 20 cross, thats an early warning. When they cross the 60 you can enter. Thats just like VP really
Sounds interesting. Which is the best chart timescale to try it with, please?
XPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:49pm   #5

7 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPat View Post
Sounds interesting. Which is the best chart timescale to try it with, please?
Try it on daily. I don't use it myself because it's such a sucky strategy but if you realy want to try before buying, do that. You will see it's a waste of time.

Last edited by RebateFX; Aug 3, 2007 at 12:51pm. Reason: what happened to my sig? :o
RebateFX is offline   Reply With Quote