Automatic Pattern Search

This is a discussion on Automatic Pattern Search within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Alex, Thanks for the tip. I plan on just doing straight indices like the Dow, S&P, Dax etc. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:18pm   #41

Joined Mar 2004
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the tip. I plan on just doing straight indices like the Dow, S&P, Dax etc.
I have already put some of the formulae onto Metastock Expert charts. I find it useful to see the end result visually.
Which are you doing ? Do you use Metastock also ?
Glad to hear from you as you are some months ahead of me I think
Regards
Pat
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:44am   #42
Joined Apr 2005
For those that are interested, the makers of APS are having a sale which ends in a few days. You can see the details under the "purchase" section of thier website. MIght just be the time to jump on in.

damo
damo484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:27pm   #43
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo484
For those that are interested, the makers of APS are having a sale which ends in a few days. You can see the details under the "purchase" section of their website. MIght just be the time to jump on in.

damo
damo, you can always get the sale price if you ask for it and say that you were away during the offer period. This is what I did and it worked.
dmilong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:07pm   #44
Joined Apr 2005
Another very interesting website article by Michael Harris on the subject of profitability and APS:

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/About.../articles.html
equtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 5:29pm   #45

Joined Mar 2004
Does anyone know if its true that there is a $175 licence fee annually for APS ?
I got someone trying to interest me in a patch ???????
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:29am   #46

Joined Mar 2005
Hi Pat, -- Maybe that someone is trying to sell you spyware or even something that will damage you PC. I just contacted Tradingpatterns.com and I was assured that anyone who has a lifetime license purchased before Jan. 26, 2007 will not be asked to pay an annual license fee. Anyways, I think that the scheme they have now is base don a two year license fee.

Do not worry. Tradingpatterns.com is a reliable company, past experience says their product does what is supposed to do and they keep their word, while their service is excellent.

Cheers -- Alex
Old Feb 5, 2007, 4:29pm   #47

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander
Hi Pat, -- Maybe that someone is trying to sell you spyware or even something that will damage you PC. I just contacted Tradingpatterns.com and I was assured that anyone who has a lifetime license purchased before Jan. 26, 2007 will not be asked to pay an annual license fee. Anyways, I think that the scheme they have now is base don a two year license fee.

Do not worry. Tradingpatterns.com is a reliable company, past experience says their product does what is supposed to do and they keep their word, while their service is excellent.

Cheers -- Alex
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the above. I also contacted them and got the same answer. Since 20/11/2006 all the major indexes I have tested have made a profit except the Dax ( 2 stop outs ). Just a bit of draw-down I guess. Are you getting good results too ? Do you try it on shares, indexes or ?
regards
Pat
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:25pm   #48

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the above. I also contacted them and got the same answer. Since 20/11/2006 all the major indexes I have tested have made a profit except the Dax ( 2 stop outs ). Just a bit of draw-down I guess. Are you getting good results too ? Do you try it on shares, indexes or ?
regards
Pat
Hi Pat, I started as a futures trader but I now trade mainly CFDs of US shares through a London broker and cash shares through a US broker. APS made the difference. I have now 50 trading systems in system tracking for the shares I trade. I'm in the process of getting some more. My method is fairly simple: After I update the data files I run system tracking and check for new positions. I open a new position only if I get two or three signals at the same time and I increase size if I get more, moving the stops at the same time to break even levels. This has worked for me well. After 10 years struggling with all sorts of ad-hoc methods and systems I can now say I trade systematically and making money.

Cheers -- Alex
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:41pm   #49
Joined Apr 2005
Wow, $995 for 2 years. I guess I was one of the lucky ones... I just hope they keep their word.
damo484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:42am   #50

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo484
Wow, $995 for 2 years. I guess I was one of the lucky ones... I just hope they keep their word.
I got a new Dual 2 core PC and needed to transfer APS from the other machine. I must say I received excellent support service and the whole thing was done in a few hours. More importantly, this was done on a Saturday and for me it was the first time I received tech support during the weekend.

To the point: Tradingpatterns.com may be sold to another firm someone in a chat room told me. It may be a good idea then to install APS on a brand new and fast PC. That was what I've done since my trading now depends on APS 100%. I do not know what will happen if the company is sold, whether support will continue etc.

Cheers --- Alex