gogecko

This is a discussion on gogecko within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; anyone using GoGecko? Please tell me of your historiy using it....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:36pm   #1
 
1 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
gogecko

anyone using GoGecko? Please tell me of your historiy using it.
loneranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:38pm   #2
Joined Jun 2005
Lone Ranger

See my reply under the other GoGecko thread
dwilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 5:06pm   #3
 
1 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
See my reply under the other GoGecko thread

Cant find your reply post for that anyways, could you redirect me to the post, please.
krondur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 7:09pm   #4
Joined Jun 2005
GoGecko

They seemed to have removed that thread. I can't find it either. It was a very long thread going back quite awhile. It basically dealt with posts from people who had used it who were happy with the software-me for example-and those who were unhappy with the soft ware and even those who just wanted to criticize it.. You might want to check with the moderator of this thread. He might know where the posts went.
dwilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:01pm   #5
 
1 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I recently purchased go gecko, and from what i've seen, the stocks that it reveal to you make serious gains, or losses in a short period of time. The problem is, if the markets experience weakness, the stocks recommended get hit very hard.

Heres a brief track record of my transactions beggining on 7/18/05. The results displayed are the percentage gain or loss on the 10th business day

07/18/05
ASTE +29.7%
CRXL +2.2%
TE +0.4%
CTGI +7%
PCYO +1.4%

But when the markets peaked around 08/03/05, the results weren't so pretty.
08/03/05
FTO +8.21%
GIGA -14.47%
SPTN -6.22%
CHRD -9.48%
KRY (unch)

Hope this helps.
nasdaq87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:44pm   #6
 
1 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Looking for opinion of Go Gecko software

I'm thinking about purchasing this software. MX -Technologies the maker of Go Gecko have a very slick presentation. However, I am a believer of the saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is," Therefore, I am looking for the opinions of people who have used this software for six months or more. Also would like to know how their customer support is.
RuddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:14pm   #7
Joined Jun 2005
GoGecko Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuddyC
I'm thinking about purchasing this software. MX -Technologies the maker of Go Gecko have a very slick presentation. However, I am a believer of the saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is," Therefore, I am looking for the opinions of people who have used this software for six months or more. Also would like to know how their customer support is.
I have been using the software for more than 6 months and I find it more useful as a back checker and provider of fundamental analysis information than as stock picker software. It basically throws a lot of information at you, provides a mind numbing set of technical analysis tools and depending on the parameters you have set up will narrow down your possible selections.
I also use MTPredictor software which I find to be a much tighter tool for stock picks. It practically leads you by the hand and as long as you stick to minimizing your losses through trailng stop losses, choosing classical setups and running you winners-short or long, you can definitely do much better than just breaking even.
Their (GoGecko) customer support is prompt and helpful but a grey box, Go Gecko is not.
dwilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:43am   #8
 
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
GoGecko

I am considering GoGecko but hesitant to take the plunge, given my limited experience with this kind of software. I want it to make stock recommendations that make me money, and it's really unclear GoGecko will do that consistently. I'm a novice at this game and would appreciate any advise you can give relative to this product. Also, I would greatly appreciate any other direction you think I should pursue relative to self-directed stock trading. Thanks
Shempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:25pm   #9
 
1 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
GoGecko research

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilyn
They seemed to have removed that thread. I can't find it either. It was a very long thread going back quite awhile. It basically dealt with posts from people who had used it who were happy with the software-me for example-and those who were unhappy with the soft ware and even those who just wanted to criticize it.. You might want to check with the moderator of this thread. He might know where the posts went.
I see that the quoted response was written some time ago, do you still use the product or have you changed your mind about it??

Thanks in advance

John MacFadden
Charlootetown, PEI
jlmacfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:04pm   #10
Joined Jun 2005
Gogecko purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shempy
I am considering GoGecko but hesitant to take the plunge, given my limited experience with this kind of software. I want it to make stock recommendations that make me money, and it's really unclear GoGecko will do that consistently. I'm a novice at this game and would appreciate any advise you can give relative to this product. Also, I would greatly appreciate any other direction you think I should pursue relative to self-directed stock trading. Thanks
I use GG more as a verifier that I am going in the right direction. Their advertising is misleading in that they provide many choices but very little specific direction. If you are a novice trader and want some specific direction you probably should be looking at something like MTPredictor (which I also use). It operates at different levels from novice to advanced and the support is great. Also it costs about half of what GG does and produces much better results.
dwilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: jlmacfad
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:24am   #11
 
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
dwilyn,

Thank you very much for your input...

I had decided to to hold off on GG, but value your confirmation. I am a novice at this, and will look into MTPredictor .

Thanks again.
Shempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:16am   #12
 
2 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilyn
I have been using the software for more than 6 months and I find it more useful as a back checker and provider of fundamental analysis information than as stock picker software. It basically throws a lot of information at you, provides a mind numbing set of technical analysis tools and depending on the parameters you have set up will narrow down your possible selections.
I also use MTPredictor software which I find to be a much tighter tool for stock picks. It practically leads you by the hand and as long as you stick to minimizing your losses through trailng stop losses, choosing classical setups and running you winners-short or long, you can definitely do much better than just breaking even.
Their (GoGecko) customer support is prompt and helpful but a grey box, Go Gecko is not.
To Dwilyn - You seem to have some experience with Gogecko. We just posted a thread under Software with the title beginning: "Novice ...." maybe you could take a look and share some information with us. Thanx ...D and R
dandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:03pm   #13
 
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
gogecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger
anyone using GoGecko? Please tell me of your historiy using it.
I've been using it since the beginning of september so far i'm not impressed considering how much it cost. i've spent the last several weeks with there technical support debugging there software regarding the output for new highs.
when i bought the software I was told you just buy the stocks based on the results of the indicators but once you start talking to there customer service you'll find out that they want you to study the charts and make a decision based on the trendlines and support and resistance lines as to when to get in and when to get out.
So if you haven't bought it yet think twice
so far I've had more lossers than winners on trades
ddst2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:50am   #14
Joined Jun 2005
As I've already said, it is a very expensive piece of backup software. I would not purchase it again.Alternatively, I have recovered my losses-software wise by using MTPredictor and Tradeguider. Took awhie but I'm now well into the black.
dwilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gogecko stockstudent Trading Software 1 Aug 18, 2006 5:56pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)