Chart Pattern Recognition Software?

This is a discussion on Chart Pattern Recognition Software? within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Anyone know where to find an effective software product that will scan a universe of stocks and find ones that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:30pm   #1

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Chart Pattern Recognition Software?

Anyone know where to find an effective software product that will scan a universe of stocks and find ones that exhibit patterns like triangles etc. ?
jtimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:28pm   #2
Joined Aug 2004
There's some sort of candlestick recognition software included in ProRealTime, I believe. I've never actually looked at it because I don't trade individual stocks. Not sure if this is the sort of gadget you mean(?).
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:33pm   #3
Joined Sep 2003
Try cpfinder.com

can't say if it's any good or not, just remember coming across it (on the never ending search for info etc)

Regards Andy
panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:53pm   #4

Joined Dec 2002
I think Tango (a website at http://www.ta-ngo.com/ ) will do this for you, it's been mentioned before on here and was free last time I looked - other than that the answer is 'yes, lots'.... it depends what your timeframe for trading is, and what sort of price you are looking to pay, and so on. Some examples -

If you want to trade realtime, then feeds like esignal, and presumably tradestation, realtick etc can be programmed to find patterns - I'm only familiar with esignal from the reatime arena so I'm not a great help on this.

If looking for patterns in EoD software there's a big list - Metastock costs a few hundred quid and you can then buy the John Murphy add on, I think thats in the £100-200 bracket, which will find patterns. Omnitrader can be bought for the standard few hundred and the latest version has a chart pattern finder. If you want specific patterns, the yes there are programs out there that include pattern finding either directly, or via a plug in you add to it.

There are lots of programs that identify setups as well - ie not triangles and wedges etc, but they'll alert you if say three bars have gone lower in succession then rebounded, and so forth.

Dave
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:29pm   #5

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Chart Pattern Recognition Software?

I have been busy testing a neat little app called A-CPR (Advanced Chart Pattern Recognition) available at http://www.timbukone.com/tboacpr/Cha...ecognition.asp. It scans a universe of stocks for numerous predefined price line and candlestick patterns and also enables you to draw your own patterns.
Alan
addaloisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:59pm   #6

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Cool Re: Chart Pattern Recognition Software?

Hi,I see that you are interested in Pattern recognition so I will give you link where you can find several books about it. The present books are intended to collect representative researches around the globe focusing on low-level vision, filter design, features and image descriptors, data mining and analysis, and biologically inspired algorithms. Books are free to download. This is link: http://www.intechopen.com/search/?q=...%20recognition
Greetings!
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:10am   #7

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2008

http://www.autochartist.com/
MachineGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:41pm   #8

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

How about "Http://www.ChartPattern.Alert.com"

Last edited by kelvinwu2002; Mar 2, 2012 at 12:47pm.
kelvinwu2002 is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:42pm   #9

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

"Http://www.ChartPattern-Alert.com
kelvinwu2002 is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:22am   #10
Joined Apr 2011

Here other one: Timing Solution Pattern Recognition

see charts => Barchart trading patterns
TiminSolution is offline   Reply With Quote