ProRealTime

This is a discussion on ProRealTime within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Has anyone used ProRealTime for DOW day trading. I've trialled it on the 2 wks and found the package to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:33am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
ProRealTime

Has anyone used ProRealTime for DOW day trading. I've trialled it on the 2 wks and found the package to be superb, I would like a second opinion before I make a purchase though.
Doover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 3:41pm   #2

Joined Jun 2004
Can't help on the Dow, but I've been using them for forex since Sept '04 and have never experienced a break in the live feed, so I am certainly happy with them.

Dave
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:41am   #3

Joined May 2003
Just started using them for Eurex - amazing software, with programable scanner and "easy languge " type testing etc it seems for 50 a month - ridiculus.
Puts CQG and Pronet, as well as e signal in the rip off league.

v happy
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:37am   #4
Joined Aug 2004
Yes, I've used it for Dow daytrading and had no problems at all with it. I completely agree with DaxTrader's comments above. I switched to it a few months ago on the recommendation of others here (after using eSignal before). It seems to be considerably better and of course a fraction of the price.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 7:48am   #5

Joined May 2003
Roberto

Have you experimented with the Proscreener function ?

There is a mention of a Prorealtime forum, but can't find a link to it and the manual is a little sparse.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:47pm   #6

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
I am looking at this software and it seems to have everything I want. I note the comments above but would be interested to hear more. In particular, I have the following questions:

- how good is the real time feed; is there a lag?
- it is browser based, which raises 2 issues:
- does a chart window ever get taken over when you click a link in another browser?
- are there ever resource issues when you have many browser windows open?

I guess I'll get some idea about the answers to these q's as I play around with the sw - but any comments would be welcome.

thanks,
ohlcv
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:31pm   #7
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxTrader
Roberto, Have you experimented with the Proscreener function?
No, I don't experiment with anything technical if I can possibly avoid it. I am a technophobe and ignoramus. It's all I can do to turn the PC on and make it work; honestly: I'm not exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxTrader
There is a mention of a Prorealtime forum, but can't find a link to it and the manual is a little sparse.
Sorry, am not aware of this at all. I noticed some "online video tutorials" and actually played through them all and learned quite a few things from them. Was trying to work out the "narrator's" nationality from his interesting English accent but failed. (My wife thought Polish or Hungarian, possibly, but she's Russian herself anyway.)

I was used to using eSignal (which was a real pain in the neck for someone like me) before I switched to ProRealTime, and obviously ProRealTime is much better, more reliable and easier to use. I believe (though I'm not knowledgeable enough to prove it, or even discuss it much) that it's also far more flexible and has better facilities, gadgets and toys available. I haven't noticed it pouring the coffee yet, but it's only a matter of time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlcv
I have the following questions: how good is the real time feed; is there a lag?
I'd say it's excellent, I'm not aware of any lag at all. Will be interesting to see how other users answer this (and your other questions).

Quote:
- does a chart window ever get taken over when you click a link in another browser?
Sorry, don't understand this question. What does "taken over" mean? Am not aware of any problem, anyway. I habitually have several real-time price windows running and a few other browser windows at the same time without any difficulty. (Mind you I do have quite a powerful and pretty new computer, if that's relevant).

Quote:
are there ever resource issues when you have many browser windows open?
Not so far, for me, anyway. But won't this depend mostly on things like your quantity of available RAM rather than on anything intrinsic to ProRealTime?
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote