OpenQuant or Neoticker

This is a discussion on OpenQuant or Neoticker within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; I'm looking to buy a piece of software for testing and developing some trading systems as well as testing some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:20pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
OpenQuant or Neoticker

I'm looking to buy a piece of software for testing and developing some trading systems as well as testing some manual trading techniques.

I have looked at many pieces of software and I think OpenQuant and Neoticker are probably the best 2 for my needs. I really like OpenQuant's event-driven model but they don't seem to offer much for non-automated traders and I'm a little concerned that their support might be a problem even though I have a good amount of programming experience.

Neoticker looks extremely powerful, and I think it will be able to provide me with everything I am looking for, but the learning curve seems to be pretty steep and I'm not familiar with delphi or all that excited about learning a proprietary language (like Formula)

At this point I'm considering either using OpenQuant in concert with another piece of software for the non-automated stuff I want to try (perhaps I will spring for the eSignal feed and use that platform) or just going with NeoTicker and taking a few months to get a firm handle on how to use it.

Any thoughts on this, or suggestions for other pieces of software would be helpful.
nlhaines is offline   Reply With Quote