Goldmine!

This is a discussion on Goldmine! within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hello Traders, Attached is a chart with my thoughts for now. We'll see how the market goes forward. Be careful ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:22am   #81

Joined Apr 2010
My Thoughts For The Asian Session

FX4Newbies started this thread Hello Traders,

Attached is a chart with my thoughts for now. We'll see how the market goes forward.

Be careful and watchful.
Attached Thumbnails
asiansession2.jpg  
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:26am   #82

Joined Apr 2010
Asian Session...Another View

FX4Newbies started this thread Chart attached.
Attached Thumbnails
asiansession2anotherview.jpg  
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:34am   #83
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Goldmine!

Very interesting reading and watching. I''ve never used pitchforks but I'm always open to something new.

Well done.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:43am   #84

Joined Apr 2010
Re: Pitchforks

FX4Newbies started this thread Hi Wackypete2,

Glad you found the Pitchfork interesting. The beauty of it is that it has a scientific basis...Newton's Third Law. Also, there is a built-in mathematical relationship between the pivots that make up the fork. Keep watching. Maybe it is something that can compliment what you already have. It is a simple tool to use, you just have to understand some other concepts around it.

Have a good trading session whenever next you trade.

Take care and thanks for the comment.

FX4Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Very interesting reading and watching. I''ve never used pitchforks but I'm always open to something new.

Well done.

Peter
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:45am   #85

Joined Jun 2010
Re: My Thoughts For The Asian Session

I know this is your thread, and if in the future you don't want me to share my thoughts here, let me know, and I will be more than happy to oblige your wishes.
I find it fascinating that 2 distinct methodologies bear about the same result. My MP is 1.2307, and it just hit it perfectly. I believe, that as you suggested, it is on its way UP from here. I am still looking at the weekly tenken at 1.2698 as a viable target. 1.2402--1.2421 looks like nice targets for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4Newbies View Post
Hello Traders,

Attached is a chart with my thoughts for now. We'll see how the market goes forward.

Be careful and watchful.
4xpipcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:13am   #86

Joined Apr 2010
Point Of Decision

Just a continuation of the earlier chart...what price does in and around the green L-MLH will be pivotal.

Take care,
Attached Thumbnails
pointofdecision.jpg  
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:32am   #87

Joined Apr 2010
Re: My Thoughts For The Asian Session

FX4Newbies started this thread Hello 4xpipcounter,

In trading it is always good to see how systems compare and to have confirmation in a variety of ways about price action. What I use here, along with my method of entry works. What you use, the Ichimoku and your other systems work...and there are many others I am sure. I too am interested in seeing the comparison myself. Next week Lord's willing, I'll jump in .

Thanks for sharing. Will send PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
I know this is your thread, and if in the future you don't want me to share my thoughts here, let me know, and I will be more than happy to oblige your wishes.
I find it fascinating that 2 distinct methodologies bear about the same result. My MP is 1.2307, and it just hit it perfectly. I believe, that as you suggested, it is on its way UP from here. I am still looking at the weekly tenken at 1.2698 as a viable target. 1.2402--1.2421 looks like nice targets for today.

Last edited by FX4Newbies; Jun 16, 2010 at 11:03am.
FX4Newbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:50am   #88

Joined Apr 2010
Re:Asian Session Fine Tuned

Decided to add another fork, a black one as price appears to be having a challenge deciding. The new fork shows a sideways move with a slightly upward bias...in that case I will be waiting for confirmation of direction.

Be very careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4Newbies View Post
Hello Traders,

Just a continuation of the earlier chart...what price does in and around the green L-MLH will be pivotal.

Take care,
Attached Thumbnails
asiansession2finetuning.jpg  

Last edited by FX4Newbies; Jun 16, 2010 at 12:16pm.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:22pm   #89

Joined Apr 2010
Re: US Open and The Triangle

FX4Newbies started this thread Good Morning Traders,

Price has been battling for the last four hours or so. If it does not go south but bounces around, there could be a battle in the region of the triangle. For those of you who trade continuation chart patterns like symmetrical triangles, pennants etc., maybe now you have an inside look as to why they form. When you begin to understand "the why", trading becomes much easier and not so mysterious!

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
usopen-thetriangle.jpg  

Last edited by FX4Newbies; Jun 16, 2010 at 1:43pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:23pm   #90

Joined Apr 2010
Traded After News...Grabbed A Few Pips

FX4Newbies started this thread Hello again,

This morning I let the news play out then jumped in with a buy for a quick scalping trade...a few pips. Anyway, pay special attention to how the price reacted at the L-MLH of the green fork, where I had the ???.

Once price formed that new low, I introduced a new blue fork. Price went straight to that ML, which was my exit because I expected a pull back there. I expect to be erasing some of these lines for the Asian session...decided to keep them here so those downloading these charts can follow the process.

Take care,
Attached Thumbnails
tradedafternews.jpg