Goldmine!

This is a discussion on Goldmine! within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hello again, Looks like the market wants to push higher. If it can cross 1.2350 that may be a good ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:25am   #120

Joined Apr 2010
A Little Bullish Sentiment On Chart

FX4Newbies started this thread Hello again,

Looks like the market wants to push higher. If it can cross 1.2350 that may be a good sign. Scalpers may be trading before then .

Another view to follow,
Attached Thumbnails
london-june-22.jpg  
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:27am   #121

Joined Apr 2010
Re: Goldmine!

FX4Newbies started this thread Now here's the story...the way I see it:

Definitely see some bullish sentiment, however, price did break the trendline on this chart.

Not satisfied that price will really take off...thinking it may fall some more. Just not sure. Also Euro news out at 4am EST.

Will be watching to see how it begins to move..

P.S. There was a quick bullish trade a little over an hour ago...oh well, there will be more
Attached Thumbnails
london-june-22-2a.jpg  
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:15pm   #122

Joined Apr 2010
WL Target Hit!!

FX4Newbies started this thread Well well,

Price did fall to WL as mentioned on earlier chart. Current view attached. I have a busy day, will post again...Pre-Asian. Observe that price never got to ML of lighter green (teal) fork...a definite sign of weakness.

Enjoy your trading day,
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4Newbies View Post
Now here's the story...the way I see it:

Definitely see some bullish sentiment, however, price did break the trendline on this chart.

Not satisfied that price will really take off...thinking it may fall some more. Just not sure. Also Euro news out at 4am EST.

Will be watching to see how it begins to move..

P.S. There was a quick bullish trade a little over an hour ago...oh well, there will be more
Attached Thumbnails
london-june-22-2b.jpg  
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:18pm   #123

Joined Jun 2010
Re: Another Interesting Scenario

Dave, this is what makes these forums interesting. There is always good constructive dialogue. Maybe I am reading more into it than I should, but I disagree in theory with what both of you are saying.
First, let me clearly state I would never argue with a successful trader, but I can still disagree with, maybe the theory.
I don't want, need, or use different trading methods. I enjoy coming to this thread and reading the posts for FX4newbies, and I do naturally have a bias towards the Elliot Wave. But, it stops there. I don't use another methodology to confirm mine. I believe in mine, and I let it stand alone. I understand that a passive onlooker would go over to my thread and think, "My method needs help." And that's fine. The point is I still stand by my method with no peripheral support or confirmation.
I hope that came out the way I intended, without creating too many waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahDave View Post
I couldn't agree more with those statements. Everyone is different and should learn and understand what they are using for trade setups. I am amazed at how simple and complex the markets are at the same time and how many tools arrive at the same conclusion, so definitely someone should find what they like and use that with other things for confirmation. Anyway, keep up the good work and good trading.
4xpipcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:33pm   #124

Joined Apr 2010

FX4Newbies started this thread As always, thanks 4xpipcounter for your comments. It is not that the method I use can't stand alone but, as a trader, I choose to have confirmation. To me it's like driving a car with only a rear-view mirror. Side mirrors really are not necessary, but they come in handy for blindspots. I think any method will miss something somewhere at some time. I just try to minimize those occurences.

Glad you are very comfortable and confident with what you use. That is commendable. Let's just make money consistently with whatever we use and we're all good!

Take care,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
Dave, this is what makes these forums interesting. There is always good constructive dialogue. Maybe I am reading more into it than I should, but I disagree in theory with what both of you are saying.
First, let me clearly state I would never argue with a successful trader, but I can still disagree with, maybe the theory.
I don't want, need, or use different trading methods. I enjoy coming to this thread and reading the posts for FX4newbies, and I do naturally have a bias towards the Elliot Wave. But, it stops there. I don't use another methodology to confirm mine. I believe in mine, and I let it stand alone. I understand that a passive onlooker would go over to my thread and think, "My method needs help." And that's fine. The point is I still stand by my method with no peripheral support or confirmation.
I hope that came out the way I intended, without creating too many waves.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:03pm   #125

Joined Jun 2010

Bottom line is in being a winning trader. This is also why I said that I would never argue with success. I got one guy that follows my thread that makes trades just on my recommendations. It's scary, but he is doing well. We do go back long before I ever got on this site. I even discourage people from just taking my word for it.
I am opinonated, but still very respectful. This is why I always make sure my comments do not come off derogitorily.
Continued success to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4Newbies View Post
As always, thanks 4xpipcounter for your comments. It is not that the method I use can't stand alone but, as a trader, I choose to have confirmation. To me it's like driving a car with only a rear-view mirror. Side mirrors really are not necessary, but they come in handy for blindspots. I think any method will miss something somewhere at some time. I just try to minimize those occurences.

Glad you are very comfortable and confident with what you use. That is commendable. Let's just make money consistently with whatever we use and we're all good!

Take care,
4xpipcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:02am   #126

Joined Apr 2010

FX4Newbies started this thread You are so right! That is the bottom line and I saw that you expressed that in your earlier reply. In this business, you have to be strong and be an independent thinker...one might call that opinionated. But if something works well to you and for you, I think you have good reason to be "opinionated"...while remaining humble, which I believe you are from your much earlier posts. The market can quickly and easily humble a trader .

Take care, and continue to go forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
Bottom line is in being a winning trader. This is also why I said that I would never argue with success. I got one guy that follows my thread that makes trades just on my recommendations. It's scary, but he is doing well. We do go back long before I ever got on this site. I even discourage people from just taking my word for it.
I am opinonated, but still very respectful. This is why I always make sure my comments do not come off derogitorily.
Continued success to you.