ES Trading

This is a discussion on ES Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Nigel Farage highlights the insanity of Keynesian economics...This is what you get when Central Planners think they know better than ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:33pm   #61

Joined Jan 2006
Re: ES Trading

new_trader started this thread Nigel Farage highlights the insanity of Keynesian economics...This is what you get when Central Planners think they know better than the free market.

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:14am   #62

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Booming Sweden’s Free-Market Solution

Booming Sweden

"After the Keynesian financial and monetary stimulus in the 1970s and ’80s, which led to inflation, repeated devaluations and low growth, Swedes believe in fiscal discipline. They are scared of huge national debt and budget deficits -- especially at the levels they are in the U.S."

There is a supposedly intelligent member of this forum who has been using Sweden as an example of how a Central Bank manipulating the money supply is a massive advantage. ...Idiot!

Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:42pm   #63

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread The U.K Government and Central Bank have created a 'Pringles' economy where "Once you pop, you can't stop". Just like I said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
If gold gets as low as $1000/oz I will be buying it with both hands, but I don't think the market will be that generous. I am absolutely certain that Governments around the world are going to have another massive round of Central planning. Phoney economies like those of the US and UK can't survive without it now...too many people living off the Government tit.

UK fights euro zone threat with $155 billion credit boost

UK fights euro zone threat with $155 billion credit boost | Reuters

These imbeciles think that taking money from taxpayers and giving it to banks so that they can lend it back to the taxpayers they stole it from in the first place will create growth. Talk about insanity.

REAL SAVINGS grows the economy, NOT DEBT.

The very wise and prescient Ludwig von Mises wrote more than 50 years ago:

Inflation and credit expansion, the preferred methods of present day government openhandedness, do not add anything to the amount of resources available. They make some people more prosperous, but only to the extent that they make others poorer.

Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:54pm   #64

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread More words of wisdom from Ludwig von Mises, pay attention to this stark warning:

Inflation can be pursued only so long as the public still does not believe it will continue. Once the people generally realize that the inflation will be continued on and on and that the value of the monetary unit will decline more and more, then the fate of the money is sealed. Only the belief, that the inflation will come to a stop, maintains the value of the notes.

Remember this every time the Central Planners deny the need for more Q.E or attempt to disguise it under a different name and um and ah about the threat of inflation or the state of the economy.

Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:42pm   #65

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
-Ronald Reagan

This is exactly what we need, people who defend the taxpayer and free market capitalism instead of special interests that lobby the Government for more and more assistance.

Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:25pm   #66

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread
Quote:
The U.K Government and Central Bank have created a 'Pringles' economy where "Once you pop, you can't stop". Just like I said here:

These imbeciles think that taking money from taxpayers and giving it to banks so that they can lend it back to the taxpayers they stole it from in the first place will create growth. Talk about insanity.

Inflation and credit expansion, the preferred methods of present day government openhandedness, do not add anything to the amount of resources available. They make some people more prosperous, but only to the extent that they make others poorer.
The insanity of Government propaganda.

The government is keeping interest rates low and dumping £Billions into the credit market to keep consumers borrowing and spending like there’s no tomorrow and now their department of propaganda is reporting that people aren’t saving enough for retirement because of "a lack of confidence in pension investments". Can you think of anything more ludicrous?

'Confidence crisis' in pensions:
BBC News - 'Confidence crisis' in pensions

Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:36pm   #67

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
'Lack of saving'

The automatic enrolment system, which will be phased in over six years, aims to boost the low level of pension savings among UK workers, especially in the private sector.

The government intends that between four and eight million more workers will be recruited into existing company schemes, or alternatives such as the National Employment Savings Trust (Nest).
An automatic enrolment with an opt out that will eventually become compulsory no doubt. These 'Private' pension plans will then be forced to buy government debt...all for our benefit no doubt, because the government is here to help...

Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:37pm   #68

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread 19 March 2009
UK budget deficit widens further
BBC NEWS | Business | UK budget deficit widens further

15 June 2012
UK trade deficit widens sharply in April
BBC News - UK trade deficit widens sharply in April

Jun 26, 2012
U.K. Posts Larger-Than-Forecast Deficit as Slump Hits Taxes
U.K. Posts Larger-Than-Forecast Deficit as Slump Hits Taxes - Bloomberg

"Britain had a larger budget deficit than economists forecast in May as the recession depressed tax receipts and government spending surged"

Over-consuming, unproductive welfare state Britain has a wider than forecast deficit and ‘they’ are surprised...I suppose their solution will be “Print more money, that will fix it”

Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:56pm   #69

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
The U.K Government and Central Bank have created a 'Pringles' economy where "Once you pop, you can't stop". Just like I said here:

Quote:
If gold gets as low as $1000/oz I will be buying it with both hands, but I don't think the market will be that generous. I am absolutely certain that Governments around the world are going to have another massive round of Central planning. Phoney economies like those of the US and UK can't survive without it now...too many people living off the Government tit.

I agree 100% with this article:

Eyes Wide Shut – UK Hitting the Wall
Eyes Wide Shut – UK Hitting the Wall - Hinde Capital

"The ‘naughties’ was a decade of growth, but this growth was not real. It was not a growth borne out of production from savings, but it was a false growth borne out of rising debt levels. The UK’s seeming prosperity was, and still is, an illusion."

The writing has been on the wall for years and that is why I sold my property in the U.K and invested elsewhere and mostly outside the U.K. You know something is very wrong when every 3rd moron is telling you to buy property because you can't lose.

Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:42am   #70

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
German Parliament Approves Fiscal Pact and Euro Bailout Fund

German Parliament Approves Fiscal Pact and Euro Bailout Fund - Bloomberg

Surprise surprise...