ES Trading

This is a discussion on ES Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; An excellent lecture on The Gold Standard: The Gold Standard in Theory and Myth (by Joseph Salerno) 5,649...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:30pm   #49

Joined Jan 2006
Re: ES Trading

new_trader started this thread An excellent lecture on The Gold Standard:

The Gold Standard in Theory and Myth (by Joseph Salerno)

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:35pm   #50

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Lawrence Reed in his essay, "Great Myths of the Great Depression," argued that destructive government policies produced America's Great Depression. He set out to debunk what he called the 20th century's greatest myth: free markets caused the depression and government intervention brought about economic recovery.

Read the original essay here: Great Myths of the Great Depression | Foundation for Economic Education

Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:45am   #51

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread What is the point of trying to make money if you don’t understand its value?

Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:16am   #52

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Part 2.

Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr., who has argued successfully in the Supreme Court and is the holder of four degrees from Harvard, discusses money, inflation, and a plan for an alternative, Constitutional currency for the United States.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:46pm   #53

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Utah Governor Gary Herbert has signed House Bill 157: A Currency Amendment re-monetizing gold and silver as currencies which will compete against the US dollar.

Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:16am   #54

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Ron Paul educates mainstream morons.

Old May 4, 2012, 7:49am   #55

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Ron Paul, the gold standard in politics and economics, debates Paul Krugman.

Some Paul Krugman errors:

1) Barter – The IRS will NOT allow a simple barter exchange to take place. If you exchange gold for a good or service, the IRS treats the exchange as a sale ie/ You must inform the IRS or the price you originally paid for the gold and the value of the good or service exchanged and pay Capital gains tax on the difference.

2) Krugman claims an unmanaged economy is subject to extreme volatility and downturns – The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 and it presided over the crash of 1929 and the Great depression. Recently it presided over the dot.com bubble, the housing bubble and the Global financial crisis. The track record of the Federal Reserve since its creation is abysmal and hasn’t in any way eliminated volatility and downturns from the market, quite the opposite in fact.

Thanks! The following members like this post: DionysusToast , YouAreNotFree
Old May 17, 2012, 5:12pm   #56

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Japanese pension fund switches to gold
Japanese pension fund switches to gold - FT.com

"Okayama Metal & Machinery has become the first Japanese pension fund to make public purchases of gold, in a sign of dwindling faith in paper currencies."

Mr Kiguchi said the lack of yield was a concern for the fund’s investment committee, but he persuaded them that “from a very long-term point of view, gold may be one of the safe currencies”.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the debasement of fiat currencies continues and the die-hard fans of paper money and Central Banks at T2W live in denial...