My journal - Spread-betting 7 FX pairs

This is a discussion on My journal - Spread-betting 7 FX pairs within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Some good points there, meanreversion. I can recommend the book meanreversion mentions, even though I've not yet completed reading it, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2010, 4:46pm   #91
awe
Joined Apr 2010
Re: My journal - Spread-betting 7 FX pairs

awe started this thread Some good points there, meanreversion.

I can recommend the book meanreversion mentions, even though I've not yet completed reading it, I can tell it's a book worth reading and recommending.

LiamH, I go for a 3:1 R/R on my trades and no leverage. I don't often get the full 3% but I do make more than I lose and my strike rate is around 50% at the moment. I think I'm being realistic about things. I only risk 1% per trade.

My system isn't entirely mechanical, I will intervene if I see things have developed a certain way which means there is a high probability of x happening. What is cast iron is my risk %. That stop never gets moved further out.

I plan to compound my earnings for now and if I show consistent profit over a sustained period i.e. 2 years, then I'll hopefully feel confident increasing my account balance ten-fold with my own funds. I'll just need to try and treat the account as I do now but with the decimal place moved one spot to the right.
awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:26pm   #92

Joined Aug 2008

You still trading awe? How's it going?

Sam.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:35pm   #93
awe
Joined Apr 2010

awe started this thread Hey there Sam, thanks for remembering me and dropping by.

In reverse order; It's going good thanks and no, I'm not currently trading.

I think I alluded to having other priorities in previous posts and it's those priorities that have caused me to pause my trading, which although frustrating, is the right thing to do for now.

Whilst trading I had to be strict with my time as, although [fortunately] it was going well, it still only represented a meagre fraction of my total income so the time I was starting to devote to it was disproportionate and I can't afford for my other interests to suffer.

That coupled with the imminent (barring anything unforeseen) launch of another venture means my sebatical from trading is, as of now, of an undefined length.

I do plan to resurrect this thread in the future.

Thanks for dropping in and good luck with all that you're doing!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:55pm   #94

Joined Aug 2008

No problem, it was looking to be a good thread so its a shame that other priorities got in the way but it will be good if you start it again one day. I remember you telling me about your other business interests, you certainly seem to have a lot on your plate! May I ask how you got into property? I would love to get into it but I have very little money so its a big no no at the moment!

Sam.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:06pm   #95
awe
Joined Apr 2010

awe started this thread Blimey. Nearly a year to the day that I last posted here.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:19pm   #96

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by awe View Post
Blimey. Nearly a year to the day that I last posted here.
How has the year gone? Anything exciting to report ha
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote