Seeking consistency

This is a discussion on Seeking consistency within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Target hit (+220 pips) Originally Posted by Leia stop tightened to 1.00 50, following very fast move after todays news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:51am   #57
Joined Dec 2009
Re: usd cad

Leia started this thread Target hit (+220 pips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
stop tightened to 1.00 50, following very fast move after todays news
Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:55am   #58
Joined Dec 2009
Re: usd cad - entry set up (15 min time-frame)

Leia started this thread stop hit (-60pips)

Quote:
entry trigger
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:15pm   #59
Joined Dec 2009
aud usd

Leia started this thread possible re-entry to Daily up trend?

I hourly hammer off 4 hr 20ma & 50ma's (acting as support since yesterday am)
lets see if this is a good trigger to see the 4hourly ma's cross back over into a bullish position (4hr ma's are already above of the dailys which is positive for a long position)
Attached Thumbnails
aud-usd-21-apr.10-set-up.jpg  
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:43am   #60
Joined Dec 2009
Re: aud usd

Leia started this thread Invalidated set up order cancelled

Quote:
possible re-entry to Daily up trend?

I hourly hammer off 4 hr 20ma & 50ma's (acting as support since yesterday am)
lets see if this is a good trigger to see the 4hourly ma's cross back over into a bullish position (4hr ma's are already above of the dailys which is positive for a long position)
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:48am   #61
Joined Dec 2009
Re: eur aud

Leia started this thread Trailing stop hit @1 44.70 (+160pips)

Quote:
price has reached the top of my 4hr channel and printed a shooting star
I am taking the short position with the Daily 20ma and daily trend against the 4hour moving averages.

I will keep a close eye on this one and hope to be able to get to breakeven (if my order triggers) before the 4hour trend is proven to be the turning point against the daily (which is stronger, but also slower to react)

Here's my chart
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:46am   #62
Joined Dec 2009
aud usd 22Apr10

Leia started this thread I have a four hourly hammer rejection of the Daily 20ema triggering a new long position on this pair this morning. This may be an entry into the Daily uptrend, however the 4hourly trend is bearish, because the 20ema is below the 50sma and the last swing high was a Lower high and the last swing low was a lower Low.

Is the 4 hourly is providing an early warning of a change in longer term sentiment?

I am taking the trade however, as Christian (@ Saxo) is suggesting a buy at 92.84.
Should I get past a good break-even stop, I am targeting the last daily swing high @ 93.80 (+100 vs -40)

let see what happens today
Attached Thumbnails
aud-usd-22-apr.10-set-up.jpg  
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:46pm   #63
Joined Dec 2009
Re: aud usd 22Apr10

Leia started this thread stop hit -40 pips

Quote:
I have a four hourly hammer rejection of the Daily 20ema triggering a new long position on this pair this morning. This may be an entry into the Daily uptrend, however the 4hourly trend is bearish, because the 20ema is below the 50sma and the last swing high was a Lower high and the last swing low was a lower Low.

Is the 4 hourly is providing an early warning of a change in longer term sentiment?

I am taking the trade however, as Christian (@ Saxo) is suggesting a buy at 92.84.
Should I get past a good break-even stop, I am targeting the last daily swing high @ 93.80 (+100 vs -40)

let see what happens today