Seeking consistency

This is a discussion on Seeking consistency within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I have a second entry trigger for this pair, also rejecting the bottom of my ascending channel If the four ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:27pm   #64
Joined Dec 2009
Re: aud usd 22Apr10

Leia started this thread I have a second entry trigger for this pair, also rejecting the bottom of my ascending channel

If the four houly is giving an early indication of a change in the daily trend (from bullish) I'll take a further loss on the same pair in the same day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
stop hit -40 pips
Attached Thumbnails
aud-usd-22-apr.10-set-up-ii.jpg  
Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:47am   #65
Joined Dec 2009
Re: aud usd 22Apr10

Leia started this thread stop hit for -60 pips

Quote:
I have a second entry trigger for this pair, also rejecting the bottom of my ascending channel

If the four houly is giving an early indication of a change in the daily trend (from bullish) I'll take a further loss on the same pair in the same day
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:00pm   #66
Joined Dec 2009
eur usd

Leia started this thread The euro has hit some new lows and is retracing this morning against many other currencies.

Here's the eur usd 4 hourly chart indicating the 50% and 61.8% fib levels of the previous down move, as a potential short zone
Attached Thumbnails
eur-usd-23-apr.10.jpg  
Old May 4, 2010, 9:20am   #67
Joined Dec 2009
aud usd set up

Leia started this thread 4 hour trend is still up (4hr 20ema above 4hr 50sma and both above above daily 20ema) despite the last three weeks trading printing Lower Lows and Lower Highs

1hr hammer printed, potential entry to 4hr & daily uptrend - lets see (last 1hr hammer entry failed to trigger trade)
Attached Thumbnails
aud-usd-04-may.10-set-up.jpg  
Old May 4, 2010, 11:54am   #68
Joined Dec 2009
Re: aud usd set up

Leia started this thread Trade not triggered and hammer now invalidated - order cancelled

Quote:
4 hour trend is still up (4hr 20ema above 4hr 50sma and both above above daily 20ema) despite the last three weeks trading printing Lower Lows and Lower Highs

1hr hammer printed, potential entry to 4hr & daily uptrend - lets see (last 1hr hammer entry failed to trigger trade)
Old May 6, 2010, 9:03am   #69
Joined Dec 2009
Gold

Leia started this thread I haven't seen any potential trade triggers this week at or around the levels I anticipated pull-backs to stop and the price to continue in the direction of the main (4hour and daily) trends. In-fact theses long term trends themselves are looking as though they may be stalling or even reversing.

Anyway, on the daily timeframe I notice that Gold printed a bullish hammer yesterday indicating rejection of its daily 20ema. This has acted as support since the end of March, I am hoping to join the up trend when this candle is triggered and am hoping to hold up to the previous all time highs around 1225. I also have it as 50% retracement of the previous up-swing

FX500 club are similarly bullish (although at different levels) for fundamental as well as technical reasons, conversely Christian at Saxo is bearing for gold today!

Lets see what happens over the next week or two
Attached Thumbnails
gold-06-may.10-set-up.jpg  
Old May 6, 2010, 11:35am   #70
Joined Dec 2009
nzd usd

Leia started this thread this pair has been steadily climbing since early March

I have spotted a potential trigger to join it, from a combination of two 1 hour candles at the 61.8% fib pull back level of the previous 4H up move

I would have preferred an entry that was at or near the bottom of my ascending channel, but the moving averages on the Daily (20ema), 4 hourly (20ema & 50sma) and hourly (20 & 50) are all positioned in the correct format for a long trade, with the hourly having seen this morning the 20ema cross up through the hourly 50sma (golden cross) and the 4 hourly 20ema (silver cross)

Lets see what happens
Attached Thumbnails
nzd-usd-06-may.10-4h-trend.jpg   nzd-usd-06-may.10-set-up.jpg   nzd-usd-06-may.10-4h-fib.jpg