my journal 2

This is a discussion on my journal 2 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Ok, stepping up to 10 trades in a row....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:54pm   #71

Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

travis started this thread snap1.jpg

Ok, stepping up to 10 trades in a row.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:01pm   #72

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Ok, got 70% of wins, but unprofitable due to not using a stoploss on the first trade:

snap1.jpg
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:35pm   #73

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread 50% good trades but better performance because I used stoplosses.

snap1.jpg
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:45pm   #74

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Ok, no rules. Allowing any number of trades on any number of stocks.

Main objectives:
1) I will come here and report every 10 trades
2) I will try to achieve profitability on every single series of 10 trades

snap1.jpg
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:52pm   #75

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Not good... got bored and frustrated and... screwed up really badly, practically every trade.

snap1.jpg

Ok, adding one healthy restriction: all my trades will last 1 week, whether profitable or not.

I will observe the charts for 4 years of history and only make a prediction on the next week. Open trade, click one week ahead, close trade. That's all. This will force me to use a stoploss, and a takeprofit. I will only step in when I am confident that I'm able to predict the next week. It seems easy, and if it is, so what? All i need to learn one profitable way of trading. One way of trading that I am positive I can make money with. That's all I need. I don't need to try and do it the hard way.

So, from here on, it will be 10 one-week trades (on the weekly charts) and I will be reporting all the results I get, whether good or bad.

Wait... more things that might help me: since stocks go up more than down, I will just go LONG.

Other than this, I'll see what rules I'll follow, and I will write them down if they work.

If I still cannot manage to be profitable with these 10 one-week trades LONG-only, then it will take me practice, and if I still cannot get profitable with practice, I will have to start doing the opposite of what I do.

Last edited by travis; Jan 26, 2010 at 7:00pm.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:08pm   #76

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Well, sucked, but... profitable. Let's look on the bright side.

snap1.jpg
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:13pm   #77

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Kept on trying to pick the bottom, that never came. Lost 30% of capital with 11 1-week trades.

snap1.jpg
Closed Thread