OANDA FXGame Trade

This is a discussion on OANDA FXGame Trade within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; You're not the first and won't be the last for sure. As long as you learn money and risk management, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:35am   #25

Joined May 2007
You're not the first and won't be the last for sure. As long as you learn money and risk management, brush yourself off and start all over again. Good luck!
Tenapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:33pm   #26
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread Hovering just above a margin call !

Tried get recover quick so laid on 10% spreads to be hit with EUR/USD & AUD/JPY to drop through the floor. Need full point to recover on each OUCH !!!!

wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:38pm   #27
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread Thats it MARGIN CALL !

Dropped to £426.77 crazy

Oh well just to show I'm not ready to go live yet, making last week £50-£100 per day to lose over £600 in two days to be nearly £200 down from start.

Ok off to the day job and dreams of working from home to be still a dream at this point but hey down not out lol
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:43pm   #28

Joined May 2007
"wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%"

Fear. Along with greed, you must control it and cut your losses quickly and let your profits run.
Tenapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:19pm   #29
Joined Jan 2009
Rebound To Profits

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenapenny View Post
"wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%"

Fear. Along with greed, you must control it and cut your losses quickly and let your profits run.
Back in control !!!

Yesterday got hit Margin Call trying to chase loses and raised my 2% per trade to 10% and above. As I hit Long it would go short and even though I know to cut loses I let them run and run to bust.

Went down to £426.77 but as Tenapenny said brush yourself and get back in, I was down but not out.

From Trading last night and setting up orders over night I'm back up to £729.84 which is my worst and best day.

Worst for letting emotion take over my trade but best for being able to re focus and make £303.07 to get back into profit.

I have really noticed last week when I had time off I had the time to look at the market watch Bloomberg and soak up information but this week with working I felt out of step like I'm one step behind the market.

I can see with the balance I got their is no get rich quick rather jog along nicking a profit here and there like I was last week.

I gotta keep those emotions in check as when I do go live I will be only funding an account with £200.00 so I will have to be disciplined then.

Ok got till 3pm today so lets go hit the desk
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:24pm   #30
Joined Apr 2008
Make sure if you win, increase your size, if you lose decrease your size. Make sure you risk exactly the right amount. Otherwise you'll end up bust. HTH .
KillPhil08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:28pm   #31
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillPhil08 View Post
Make sure if you win, increase your size, if you lose decrease your size. Make sure you risk exactly the right amount. Otherwise you'll end up bust. HTH .
Cheers
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:40pm   #32
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]