My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

This is a discussion on My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; [ entry 1.8338 with a target of 1.7446] Exited the position 1.7930 (word on the wire there is a large ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:10am   #9
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread [ entry 1.8338 with a target of 1.7446]

Exited the position 1.7930 (word on the wire there is a large amount of bids just below it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:01am   #10
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread news wire release:

"Global banks and international bond strategists have been left stunned by revised ONS figures showing that Britain is £490bn poorer than had been *assumed and no longer has any reserve of net foreign assets, depriving the country of its safety margin as Brexit talks reach a crucial juncture..."

looking to take advantage of this on top of Brexit uncertainty. Pair chosen is GBPCAD with CAD being well supported with recent economic data and oil prices. Entry 1.65717 target 1.65349 stop above 1.66221

Brad
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:43am   #11
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread short AUDUSD @ 0.78545

RBA minutes state rate hikes abroad have no mechanical implications with domestic policy. There has also been several bad data points released putting the central bank in a neutral to dovish state. USD has been supported and somewhat oversold so looking to take advantage of a correction + weakness
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:07pm   #12
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
looking to take advantage of this on top of Brexit uncertainty. Pair chosen is GBPCAD with CAD being well supported with recent economic data and oil prices. Entry 1.65717 target 1.65349 stop above 1.66221
closed for just over break even taking advantage of Carney dovish tone and risk assessment of Brexit. The trade no longer has merit.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:30pm   #13
Joined May 2012
Quote:
closed for just over break even taking advantage of Carney dovish tone and risk assessment of Brexit. The trade no longer has merit.
I think the current weakness in cable is due to Ramsden's dovish view that the growth in employment has no sign of second-round effects onto wages. I think that puts a damper on a prospective Nov rate hike.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FXX
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:02pm   #14
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
short AUDUSD @ 0.78545

RBA minutes state rate hikes abroad have no mechanical implications with domestic policy. There has also been several bad data points released putting the central bank in a neutral to dovish state. USD has been supported and somewhat oversold so looking to take advantage of a correction + weakness
closed trade at 0.78260 for a profit
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:02pm   #15
Joined May 2012
Quote:

"Global banks and international bond strategists have been left stunned by revised ONS figures showing that Britain is £490bn poorer than had been *assumed and no longer has any reserve of net foreign assets, depriving the country of its safety margin as Brexit talks reach a crucial juncture..."
I saw that coming through my real time news feed and I noted the GBPUSD pricing. There was hardly any price movement as if the market took it as a non event. There were subsequently no analyst commentary on this news. One of those strange disconnect.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:03am   #16
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I saw that coming through my real time news feed and I noted the GBPUSD pricing. There was hardly any price movement as if the market took it as a non event. There were subsequently no analyst commentary on this news. One of those strange disconnect.
What feeds do you use Brumby? I have ransquawk but also use forexlive, FX street, Reuters. If I reach consistency I definitely am going to get a Xenith subscription to add to the toolbox.