swing trading every market but stocks (pics of account and live calls )

This is a discussion on swing trading every market but stocks (pics of account and live calls ) within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hey guys , I am unable to trade stocks due to my job. I am going to swing trade the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:34pm   #1
Joined May 2010
swing trading every market but stocks (pics of account and live calls )

Hey guys ,

I am unable to trade stocks due to my job.

I am going to swing trade the forex , commodity , futures and indices markets from the daily charts . I am very familiar with these markets , having had some success there before . I previously ran a thread in which I was hovering around breakeven (realistically , since it was sim trading , probably slightly below ).

I do believe I have an edge . There is no real way to prove it other than trade it in real time with a live account . So I will deposit £1200 into a spreadbetting account next week , focus on a nice universe of markets , and see where that takes me .

I will be posting live calls as well as snaps of my account to prove this is actually legit , but again , it begins next week.I live in a fairly ****ty part of the U.K. So things are cheap here - all I want is to try and eventually cover my living expenses through trading .

Ok guys wish me luck I will begin next week
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan , brewski1984 , Nowler
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:50pm   #2
Joined Sep 2010
Good luck mate it'll be good to see another genuine journal
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:18pm   #3
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Good luck mate it'll be good to see another genuine journal

Haha . For better or for worse , I will be genuine .

I honestly think if someone puts a journal up they should be totally upfront about whether they are demo trading or live trading and provide evidence either way , particularly those acting as a guru . I mean come on, you spend an hour doing hindsight analysis on a chart to suck in newbies to your signal service and you can't take a minute to snap your account ? Doesn't add up Pmsl

. £1200 is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I feel confident I can run it up to a nice pot . Here's hoping !

Last edited by Chartsy; Sep 23, 2017 at 6:03am.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:50pm   #4
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread Essentially , I am looking for strong trending markets, or markets which are trending. This is determined using the 20,50,200 EMAs as well as some basic analysis of highs and lows . Once markets are clearly trending , I look for a nice flag or base , a contraction in volatility , and enter on an expansion of volatility, so In lehmans terms a trend followed by consolidation and breakout

Depending on the particular setup , either a strict target will be set, or a mechanical stop which is a close under the 6ema.
That's it really.

Last edited by Chartsy; Sep 23, 2017 at 6:05am.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:02pm   #5

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartsy View Post
Hey guys ,

I am going to swing trade the forex , commodity , futures and indices markets from the daily charts . I am very familiar with these markets , having had some success there before . I previously ran a thread in which I was hovering around breakeven (realistically , since it was sim trading , probably slightly below ).

I do believe I have an edge . There is no real way to prove it other than trade it in real time with a live account . So I will deposit £1200 into a spreadbetting account next week , focus on a nice universe of markets , and see where that takes me .

I will be posting live calls as well as snaps of my account to prove this is actually legit , but again , it begins next week.I live in a fairly ****ty part of the U.K. So things are cheap here - all I want is to try and eventually cover my living expenses through trading .

Chartsy,

This is a load of bo11ox mate. Even if you double your account in 12 months means you get to live on £1.2k and that assumes you do not compound your account. You need to at least add a couple of zeros to your account to even try and compete.

However, I applaud your transparency in advance to my knowledge only Brewski and I are the only ones that do this. And that deserves a big slap on the back. (Small) Funding is the answer if you don't speak bo11ox and are dedicated to the game.

Lee

@brewski - hit me up ffs
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:19pm   #6
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Chartsy,

This is a load of bo11ox mate. Even if you double your account in 12 months means you get to live on £1.2k and that assumes you do not compound your account. You need to at least add a couple of zeros to your account to even try and compete.

However, I applaud your transparency in advance to my knowledge only Brewski and I are the only ones that do this. And that deserves a big slap on the back. (Small) Funding is the answer if you don't speak bo11ox and are dedicated to the game.

Lee

@brewski - hit me up ffs
We will see mate
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:07pm   #7

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
We will see mate
Good luck. 👍
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:06am   #8

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Hey guys ,

Putting massive pressure on yourself in front of an audience.

Bigger account would be nicer and bit easier.

Good luck anyway.
Oscar Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd , darktone