swing trading every market but stocks (pics of account and live calls )

This is a discussion on swing trading every market but stocks (pics of account and live calls ) within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Oscar Reed Putting massive pressure on yourself in front of an audience. Bigger account would be nicer ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:21am   #9

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Reed View Post
Putting massive pressure on yourself in front of an audience.

Bigger account would be nicer and bit easier.

Good luck anyway.
Ditto.

I'm here to cheer not jeer. Hope you checked the 'no posts from bellends' box when you started the thread btw.

All the best with it and GL

Edit:- Oh dear, might wana get ya BS hats on
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by darktone; Sep 24, 2017 at 10:51am.
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:57am   #10
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread I feel this thread has a mcgregor mayweather feel to it.

Time to change my profile pic.

Phone being a prick will do it later

Last edited by Chartsy; Sep 24, 2017 at 11:02am.
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:42pm   #11

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartsy View Post
Essentially, I am looking for strong trending markets, or markets which are trending. This is determined using the 20,50,200 EMAs as well as some basic analysis of highs and lows
Hi Chartsy look forward to the trades.. i have recently been trading ftse, gold and crude

these MAs are popular ones, but does it really help you to use all three to define trend?

btw good to know you offloaded all your donner kebab waste already
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:35pm   #12
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Hi Chartsy look forward to the trades.. i have recently been trading ftse, gold and crude

these MAs are popular ones, but does it really help you to use all three to define trend?

btw good to know you offloaded all your donner kebab waste already
Hey mate . Yeh kebab is all out .

The EMAs are not like a definitive black or white trend criteria , but I do think their slope can help gauge momentum . I also use the 6 Ema for exits at times
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:50am   #13
Joined Oct 2008
Just subscribed. Good luck mate.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:41am   #14
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread I really like how CADJPY is trending . Nice consolidation and hope it remains tight , expecting a pop on this one.

In a situation like this I'd wait for a nice daily bar to show a pop up . There is a fine line though between buying into momentum and buying into euphoria/exhaustion , so imo it's best to find a relatively mild breakout bar, otherwise you've missed the move
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  

Last edited by Chartsy; Sep 25, 2017 at 7:47am.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:51am   #15
Joined May 2010
Chartsy started this thread EURTRY similarly showing a nice consolidation following momentum . If I had my live account ready I'd be willing to pounce on these two pairs. Also well aware we are right under resistance but i do believe in this kind of scenario the market is likely to at least pierce the highs .

This is all meaningless speculation , no live trades yet. But these are the kind of setups I'm looking for .

Again, the final piece of this method is to wait for an appropriate breakout bar , not too small but not so big to suggest exhaustion
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:24am   #16
Joined Feb 2002
I like CAD/JPY, I have it as a buy but waiting for a bit more of a pull-back. Overall, CAD-based pairs are bullish, JPY-based pairs are bearish.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote