Brewski's Leverage Abuse

This is a discussion on Brewski's Leverage Abuse within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by tokyojoe haha yep.......but..........if you do research you can go on forums & post charts & theories & ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:54pm   #676
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyojoe View Post
haha yep.......but..........if you do research you can go on forums & post charts & theories & stuff......& razzle dazzle the bjesus out of everyone !

I know I'm being a proper lazy b'strd here not looking back through the thread, but when you say "system" & "capital" do you mean you have some sort of set & forget system with high £pp ?

If so, why not just choose a high volume instrument & day trade it with low £pp

Apologies if I'm totally getting the wrong end of it.
Lots of nice patterns on charts mean prizes

It's simple really, I just decide how much I'm going to risk and start with a small stake, usually £1-£2 a point with either £100 or £200 risk. Entry price and stop price are completely random. As soon as it starts going my way I pyramid aggressively. I was £12 a point on Brent the other day and £8 a point on Dow earlier. It's not a very good way to trade/gamble and I get the impression I don't need to explain to you why but I notice a lot of people on here just can't understand it and think I'm an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I love the concept of taking a K, and running with it.
1k isn't going to change my life but 10k will
brewski1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:21pm   #677

Joined May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Lots of nice patterns on charts mean prizes

It's simple really, I just decide how much I'm going to risk and start with a small stake, usually £1-£2 a point with either £100 or £200 risk. Entry price and stop price are completely random. As soon as it starts going my way I pyramid aggressively. I was £12 a point on Brent the other day and £8 a point on Dow earlier. It's not a very good way to trade/gamble and I get the impression I don't need to explain to you why but I notice a lot of people on here just can't understand it and think I'm an idiot.

1k isn't going to change my life but 10k will
Well if you're an idiot I was an even bigger one, I was turning over silly amounts per day at£20 pp on the Dax a couple of years ago.
Too stressful though, turning over 2k to 4k per day to loose £300/£400 one day & make £500/£600 the next etc. I started to loose the value of money. Better to wait for a high volatility/volume day & go in low £pp
Sounds like you're having fun with it at the mo, but just thought I'd mention the low margin requirement route.

There's a guy who goes to the traders meet ups at the New Moon in Leadenhall market, he likes his pyramiding, he gives me the impression he's able to do it regularly enough to make a good second income.

Haha......10k eh now that will give you that margin you're after

Anyway, good luck with it mate, good to see someone with a bit of honesty on here.
tokyojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:39pm   #678
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyojoe View Post
Well if you're an idiot I was an even bigger one, I was turning over silly amounts per day at£20 pp on the Dax a couple of years ago.
Too stressful though, turning over 2k to 4k per day to loose £300/£400 one day & make £500/£600 the next etc. I started to loose the value of money. Better to wait for a high volatility/volume day & go in low £pp
Sounds like you're having fun with it at the mo, but just thought I'd mention the low margin requirement route.

There's a guy who goes to the traders meet ups at the New Moon in Leadenhall market, he likes his pyramiding, he gives me the impression he's able to do it regularly enough to make a good second income.

Haha......10k eh now that will give you that margin you're after

Anyway, good luck with it mate, good to see someone with a bit of honesty on here.
I do lose the value of money at times and it certainly is stressful, often I end up with a higher £pp than my hourly wage which is ridiculous as I'm not exactly loaded. I'm not sure what my options would be after these margin changes happen but I certainly won't be able to go higher than chump change and the returns on that just aren't worth the time and effort required to properly trade - £1pp on the Dow would need £1250 margin as far as I'm aware.

When/if I ever have enough capital to make it worthwhile, I'm sure I could do something with this "system" regarding better entries/stop placements but for now I'm just having a laugh while I can. We all know I will likely lose this 1k
Thanks! The following members like this post: tokyojoe
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:43pm   #679
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Screenshot of execution blotter showing all trades taken. Currently back in Brent, I went all in on it so if anyone bothered to work it out you would see that at one point yesterday when I was £4pp I was like £500 down and crying I only have 2 weeks left to get a runner going so it might end up that I just smash straight in at £50pp/20 point stop

My stop is only 50 points on Brent at the moment because it's Friday and they always make the minimum guaranteed stop distance ridiculously wide later on so it will be adjusted
Attached Thumbnails
trades.jpg  
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:49pm   #680
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Screenshot of execution blotter showing all trades taken. Currently back in Brent, I went all in on it so if anyone bothered to work it out you would see that at one point yesterday when I was £4pp I was like £500 down and crying I only have 2 weeks left to get a runner going so it might end up that I just smash straight in at £50pp/20 point stop

My stop is only 50 points on Brent at the moment because it's Friday and they always make the minimum guaranteed stop distance ridiculously wide later on so it will be adjusted
Just a question: You are gambling, no doubt, hard to separate gambling and trading sometimes, however you have got strategy by splitting the stakes, so what's with the gambling strategy?
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:04pm   #681
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Just a question: You are gambling, no doubt, hard to separate gambling and trading sometimes, however you have got strategy by splitting the stakes, so what's with the gambling strategy?
I got home from work today, saw I was 70 odd points up on Oil so I added to it and adjusted stop as necessary. Sometimes I'll have a look on my break at work and if it's in profit I'll add to it and adjust stop as necessary. I only managed to have a look twice this morning and it was losing both times so I just left it. All entirely random really.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:11pm   #682
Joined May 2016
Quote:
I got home from work today, saw I was 70 odd points up on Oil so I added to it and adjusted stop as necessary. Sometimes I'll have a look on my break at work and if it's in profit I'll add to it and adjust stop as necessary. I only managed to have a look twice this morning and it was losing both times so I just left it. All entirely random really.
Is it the boring job strategy?
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:35pm   #683
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Is it the boring job strategy?
I just hope nobody else tries it and loses a fortune... the win rate is absolutely terrible and you need a certain mentality to be able to deal with repeatedly giving back massive (relative to account size) profits, which most people don't have
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:58pm   #684
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Added to Brent again, nice movement up there makes me £8 a point now. Stops are guaranteed so no worries holding over the weekend
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:24pm   #685
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Screenshot to show current Brent trade, £8pp but I'll be adding more if I get the chance. It was showing me just under 1k profit before selling off for the last couple hours. I may adjust the stop before it opens but either way I'm praying for a nice gap up on the open

I can't believe I haven't lost this money yet, I'm buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like an absolute mug
Attached Thumbnails
oil-8pp.jpg  
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:41pm   #686
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Screenshot to show current Brent trade, £8pp but I'll be adding more if I get the chance. It was showing me just under 1k profit before selling off for the last couple hours. I may adjust the stop before it opens but either way I'm praying for a nice gap up on the open

I can't believe I haven't lost this money yet, I'm buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like an absolute mug
This is what happens when ya go booking 20% acct profits from previous trades...gives ya more gambling money to play with

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:07pm   #687
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
This is what happens when ya go booking 20% acct profits from previous trades...gives ya more gambling money to play with
I'm not here for 20% though cv I'm here for 2000%
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:48pm   #688
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Brent obviously got stopped out, leaves my account at 1k again. I can’t be bothered to mess around anymore so I’ve gone all in buying Dow as that’s got to be the easiest chance of winning right? I’m £10 a point hoping to double up at least once you only live once, I’ll surely lose but it’ll be a great laugh
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:57pm   #689
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Not a great start I was hoping I’d get more than a few minutes entertainment out of it lol
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:32pm   #690
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Brent obviously got stopped out, leaves my account at 1k again. I canít be bothered to mess around anymore so Iíve gone all in buying Dow as thatís got to be the easiest chance of winning right? Iím £10 a point hoping to double up at least once you only live once, Iíll surely lose but itíll be a great laugh
What price?

All those 20%'s add up you know.

First and last rule of trading.....protect the pot...no pot = no trading.

And yes, I do understand the purpose of the thread.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote