Brewski's Leverage Abuse

This is a discussion on Brewski's Leverage Abuse within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by brewski1984 Right, I'm not actually back trading properly yet but Brent hit $80 today so I've put ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2018, 4:57pm   #631

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Right, I'm not actually back trading properly yet but Brent hit $80 today so I've put a cheeky little short in that is almost guaranteed to get stopped out. Oil is being manipulated as normal... USA have been ramping up production the whole time OPEC have been cutting it back so they've inflated prices to cash in. (yes I should probably be trading WTI not Brent)
i watch some major futures inc LIGHT SWEET CRUDE, had no idea thats why prices are heading higher...

i know i'm paying more at the pump..
Old May 18, 2018, 5:51pm   #632
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i watch some major futures inc LIGHT SWEET CRUDE, had no idea thats why prices are heading higher...

i know i'm paying more at the pump..
Yes, petrol prices going up again

That's just my take on it anyway... If I was the USA that's exactly what I would have done/been doing. When the rest of the world has slowed production to "balance" (manipulate) the price of Oil, I'd sure as hell be ramping up production to take market share then look for (create) as high a price as possible to sell it. But what do I know, I'm just some degenerate gambler looking for the next adrenaline rush
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:02am   #633
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Right I’ve thrown a couple hundred quid on having a bit of a dabble to get back into it, I was long oil this morning but being too aggressive caught me out at break even on normal market behaviour - I will keep repeating it for those that don’t understand it, tight stops will get hit a lot especially when you’re buying/selling in the middle of nowhere like I often do but tight stops allow me a massive position size (relative to account).

I am now long usd/jpy from 110.15 with my stop at 109.98 at £5 a point looking to double up to £10 as soon as possible.

Last edited by brewski1984; Jun 12, 2018 at 11:29am.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:05am   #634
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Well this thread will officially be dead at the end of July. My "edge" was in using guaranteed stops to reduce margin requirements but now they have changed the rules so that even with a guaranteed stop I'd need £18,000 margin to go £15 a point on the Dow again. Originally I was told by CMC that guaranteed stops wouldn't be affected and would still only require the same margin as total potential loss.

So this begs the question, do I load up a few G's and go mental for a couple of weeks before calling it a day or just keep the cash I've won?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:09am   #635
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Well this thread will officially be dead at the end of July. My "edge" was in using guaranteed stops to reduce margin requirements but now they have changed the rules so that even with a guaranteed stop I'd need £18,000 margin to go £15 a point on the Dow again. Originally I was told by CMC that guaranteed stops wouldn't be affected and would still only require the same margin as total potential loss.

So this begs the question, do I load up a few G's and go mental for a couple of weeks before calling it a day or just keep the cash I've won?

Go mental
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:32am   #636

Joined Feb 2008
Load it up baby

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: brewski1984
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:28pm   #637
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Having a bit of a dabble, may as well go for it... so far I'm long Dow £3pp and praying my lucks in
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:53pm   #638
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Praying didn't seem to help, I got taken out at breakeven. I'm buying Oil next I think.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:19pm   #639
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread I'm in on Oil, I was £250 up at one point on Dow but don't forget that greed is my main motivation and downfall

I've only put £100 on at the moment, will look to load up mental on Monday
Attached Thumbnails
oil.jpg  
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:01pm   #640
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Oil just got smashed thank god I went to breakeven quickly!

Now do I buy oil at a lower price or dow at a lower price?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:25pm   #641
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Either would have been good but it looks like I missed both!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:51pm   #642
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Either would have been good but it looks like I missed both!
Good start
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:31am   #643
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Right, so I'm having a look and seeing what I can do for some final leverage abuse. Dow has gone up without me, I'd like to get in again but in reality the swings on Dow recently are too wide for my stops so it's likely I'd just get chopped up either way. This system doesn't work too well on any forex so I tend to stay away from those.

I think my only option really is to go for Oil, it's clearly in an uptrend right now so buying it could be the most likely way to win, we could see Brent pop over $80 again to bust out people who are short. I just need to accumulate the position before the margin changes on July 28th and then I can keep them open until they expire.

I'll throw some cash on there soon
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:16am   #644
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Thrown a grand on, small stake and wide stop for the initial Oil trade but I will be adding aggressively and moving stop closer.

Just for clarity, we all know this is gambling and there's a 99% chance I'll lose the lot but let's just have a laugh for a couple weeks as it's still money I won from them last year I genuinely haven't done a lot of trading this year, I've had a stressful few months but things are starting to settle down again now
Attached Thumbnails
oil-1.jpg  
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:46am   #645

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Thrown a grand on, small stake and wide stop for the initial Oil trade but I will be adding aggressively and moving stop closer.

Just for clarity, we all know this is gambling and there's a 99% chance I'll lose the lot but let's just have a laugh for a couple weeks as it's still money I won from them last year I genuinely haven't done a lot of trading this year, I've had a stressful few months but things are starting to settle down again now
Go for it mate. Statistically though you have a better than 99% chance of losing, but then again statistics are usually made up, at least 30% of the time. At least that what a survey said when they asked a hundred people about statistics, 30% said they believed in them whilst 40% said they did not believe in them and the remaining and overall majority of 60% said they were b0llox.

Good luck and go get that big one. I'll let you know when mine comes in.

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote